July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDEA!
How about one of the cafes at Place Jacques-Cartier? There's a bunch of them. It's really pretty there around dusk. And from there we can walk down Rue Catherine until we find a bar we like?

Le Fripon
MASKA menue22
Jardin Nelson - Old Montreal - Menus - Menu

They are not cheap, I'm sure, but nothing is in Montreal. There are more, but these are three I found websites for right away. They serve anything from burgers to stuff I can't pronounce names of. And this place (in Old Montreal) is easy to reach by public transit.

Thoughts?

If cheap is the way to go... the Poutine place that was mentioned several times is good (La Banquise Rest). And they save beer, but I doubt they do anything beyond that. So we could eat there and then take a train into downtown to a bar.

Several people have mentioned the Distillery La Distillerie | pubdistillerie.com | Montral, Qc.

This bar is a 15-minute walk from the Poutine place

For the bar (if not the food as well) how about this - The Old Dublin Pub & Restaurant Le Vieux Dublin Montréal - Pub & Restaurant - The Old Dublin Montreal

- central downtown location
- Irish pub
- big beer selection
- live music every night

N.B. I've never been there but the reviews seem fine.

We could even start a pub crawl and move on to this one Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More just around the corner!

That place seems great :up: Love that they have live music.

As long as I can get my medicine (red wine), I'm good anywhere.
(I generally can drink as much of it as I want of it and I don't get hangovers.)

An evening stroll is an awesome idea, too.

Are we doing U2 shirts for the meet-up?

Would be kinda hard to find each other in a city full of U2 fans. :wink:

I can find Mark! :wink:

I don't have a U2 shirt...:shifty:

Are any of my american friends on an international plan so they can text? If so, pm me your number so we can keep in touch!

:lmao: My hubby has bought some. I just have a hoodie. I've only been to 3 shows!

I still am pissed your texting attempts haven't worked GG:sad:. How are we supposed to know when you land? Perhaps give my your flight info, so we can check your flight status once we land.:wink:

If you guys really want to do the blue ribbon thing, I can buy a spool of ribbon to match the website and bring it with. I mean, you'd have to find me and my friends before you can get the ribbon, but it's a thought. Or just haul your bootie over to Michael's or JoAnn (craft stores) yourself. :shrug: But yeah, let me know if you want me to get one. At least that way we can start with a group of ppl who are easily identifiable.

:lmao: My hubby has bought some. I just have a hoodie. I've only been to 3 shows!

I still am pissed your texting attempts haven't worked GG:sad:. How are we supposed to know when you land? Perhaps give my your flight info, so we can check your flight status once we land.:wink:

I will, give me a sec. Perhaps otherwise you could try texting me, see if that works. :hmm: Then I'd see the correct settings for your number.

I don't care where we end up, just as long as we end up somewhere! We have a dinner reservation at 7:30 near St. Catherine's street and will meet up with you guys after we've stuffed ourselves with fancy French food!

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but is this dinner/gathering the night of the 7th?

And I'm a little worried, too, about communicating while out and about. Cnd txts are going to cost me a fortune and I don't have internet on my phone. I'll just have to duct tape myself to someone who does.

I was just about to ask the same question, if this was the night of the 7th we're talking about...but I kinda just waited to see if someone mentioned it or asked first :reject: :lol:

I'll get charged for texting Canadian numbers too, I think.

All the pubs sound divine :drool: They don't card at the door, do they? I mean you can go in and eat if you're under, what is it, 19?

so that's why you guys need to settle on a place now. Keep in mind a bar will not have "dinner food." That's why I recommended both.

And yes, this will be on the 7th.

Irish pubs usually have dinner food.

I've no clue what our iternary was on the 7th, so I guess it's safer to go for drinks rather than having to be somehwere for dinner at a certain time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom