July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shifty:I'll benefit from it too, because now that I have seen a Habs game live, I'm addicted!:shifty:

Getting tickets will be tricky, so it isn't a for sure thing. Just booking a hotel just in case. The Habs/Leafs games are epic!

There was a double-page on U2 yesterday in La Presse ( biggest french-langauge daily in the Province ), they said the Claw will arrive in Montreal ( from Miami ) on July 2nd... less than a week away !

Oh that's right! That was a nice hotel and it was pretty much next to the Bell Centre. :lol: Remember how I drove in circles because I couldn't find it?!

Yeah :lol: We were on the phone for almost an hour.

Then we found you in that random parking lot. Nothing was as funny as trying to find someplace to eat for 2 hours :lol:

Oh wait, something was funnier then that:

TAN ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!

:shifty:

There was a double-page on U2 yesterday in La Presse ( biggest french-langauge daily in the Province ), they said the Claw will arrive in Montreal ( from Miami ) on July 2nd... less than a week away !

:applaud:I was wondering about this... I can't wait to see it in photos and in person!!!! :hyper:

Trian 57, leaving Montreal at 10 am and arriving into Toronto at just after 3:30. The fare is $69.:shifty:

https://reservia.viarail.ca/search/tripresult.aspx?t=D

Now that I look at this, our times have changed a bit. How nice of them to let us know!:doh: We leave at 10:10, but we don't arrive until after 4 now!:crack:

I'm on the same train :wave: - we'll have to rename Montreal Central "Zoo Station" that morning. Do you think there'll be any non-U2 fans aboard a Sunday morning train like that?

I'm on the same train :wave: - we'll have to rename Montreal Central "Zoo Station" that morning. Do you think there'll be any non-U2 fans aboard a Sunday morning train like that?

That is awesome!!! :hyper:Make sure you come over and say hi. We should all wear U2 garb so we can identify each other!!

Zoo Station, here we come!:wink: I feel really sorry for any non U2 fans on that train!

:applaud::happydance::cabbagepatch::loveshower::yippie: 11 days and 4 hours to go!!!

It is hard to believe that the concerts are next week. Just saw the video...however, I felt like this afterwards:uhoh:. The lady told everyone to take the day off and hang out at the Hippodrome... I know everyone on this thread has been talking about clusterfucks and crowds. It is making me think that the tailgate party might be a clusterfuck as well...:panic:

for those staying at the Quality Hotel Midtown, it's another 10-minute-walk south of that station. So a total of 20 minutes. And the 10-minute walk to the Hippodrome that woman is talking about must be to one of the gates. Because the actually hippodrome is actually 30 second away, or, right across the street.

fyi, VIArail prices from toronto to montreal or reverse is $59 if booked 4 days in advance of travel. slight $10 discount for those wondering what the best travel deal is. that is economy pricing, no changes to itinerary, no cancellations.

Does anyone have extra lodging or any suggestions for Hostels? I was supposed to go with a couple friends, but now they can't go and it isn't worth me paying for the double room we had booked.

Are you guys going to meet before lining up so everyone's close to each other? :D I'm going by myself and I'm starting to have second thoughts, seems like such a huge crowd that it could be a little scary.

By the way, I live in Montreal, in case any of you need info/help! :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is planning on watching from the soundboard. I'm for sure doing it for the first show since I have a long travel day the day before and will likely do it the second show as well. I just don't think I have it in me to stand in line all day. And I've never seen the show from that far back so, I'm pretty excited.

What do you guys mean by watching from the soundboard? :hmm: Do you just mean you'll be faaaaar away from the stage? I intended to be close to the stage but I feel really intimidated by these 40k+ peeps in GA. :huh:

Yes, soundboard is by the back. I intend to do the first show like that, and line up for the second one, but I won't be able to say for sure until I get there and judge the weather, etc.

What do you guys mean by watching from the soundboard? :hmm: Do you just mean you'll be faaaaar away from the stage? I intended to be close to the stage but I feel really intimidated by these 40k+ peeps in GA. :huh:

Yes, soundboard is by the back. I intend to do the first show like that, and line up for the second one, but I won't be able to say for sure until I get there and judge the weather, etc.

I'm guessing the soundboard/booth might be about the midpoint of the pitch. I can't believe how close it was to the stage in Winnipeg. Obviously, in Anaheim it was sorta close because of the baseball set-up.

Front rail of the soundbooth is awesome. Check out the Anaheim 2 vids on my YouTube channel:
YouTube - ‪kramwest1's Channel‬‏

Hard to say since this isn't at any normal sporting venue, the soundboard was way at the opposite end of the field at both American football stadiums I saw the tour at.

Doing RZ1 Solo (Friday, July 8th)?

Any other ppl out there going on their own solo, for the Friday, July 8th show (Red Zone 1)?

Let me know: would be great to have some ppl to hang with down there in a similar situation! :)

I'm guessing the soundboard/booth might be about the midpoint of the pitch. I can't believe how close it was to the stage in Winnipeg. Obviously, in Anaheim it was sorta close because of the baseball set-up.

Front rail of the soundbooth is awesome. Check out the Anaheim 2 vids on my YouTube channel:
YouTube - ‪kramwest1's Channel‬‏

:wave: Just saw your video from Anaheim. If the soundboard is that close to the stage, I might tolerate it since this is my only GA (although the call of the leather up close still lingers...:wink:)

Are you guys going to meet before lining up so everyone's close to each other? :D I'm going by myself and I'm starting to have second thoughts, seems like such a huge crowd that it could be a little scary.

By the way, I live in Montreal, in case any of you need info/help! :D

:wave: Welcome to our thread. I have a question for you...how bad is the evening traffic on the Champlain bridge coming into Montreal (between 4:30 and 6:30 pm)? :|

As far I as I hear, traffic in the bridges is normally pretty bad during rush hours, and that's right in the middle of rush hour.

Hopefully there'll be fences separating the crowd at different areas so that the pressure of 40 000 people doesn't go all the way to the people on the outer circle.
I'm not an expert of sound and acoustics (im still studying this) but the soundboard should be midway to the very back of the "stadium" so that the best sound quality reaches Joe O'Herlihy and co.

11 days hey ho! :hyper:

Hopefully there'll be fences separating the crowd at different areas so that the pressure of 40 000 people doesn't go all the way to the people on the outer circle.
I'm not an expert of sound and acoustics (im still studying this) but the soundboard should be midway to the very back of the "stadium" so that the best sound quality reaches Joe O'Herlihy and co.

11 days hey ho! :hyper:

That's my non-professional understanding, too.

You are both correct. Due to acoustics and such the soundboard has to be in front of the stage, but at a decent distance. If you notice the HUGE speakers hanging from the Claw, the soundboard is at the biggest receiving end, draw a line from the top of the speakers to the back of the stadium. That's where the soundboard usually is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom