July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am torn - I really wanna try and get in the circle or at least close to the Claw - But, I dunno what time to wait - I'm gonna drive up from Burlington and park in a downtown parking garage and take the train - I would be okay I guess hanging by the soundboard, but I dunno what exactly I should do - I know GA will be a nighmare and waiting all day seems stressful

I'm only doing the first night - Headed back to Burlington after the show then to the Philly and Jersey shows (both of which I have great seats for)

What time is everyone else planning on lining up? I was thinking 6am - Think that'll get me into the circle? I wanna make sure I am lined up near people from here or people who are very chatty so I can not be bored all day ha

We'll probably be there earlier then that :wink: It's kind of hard to say for sure until we're actually there. The numbering system might be going on days ahead of time. We'll probably play it by ear and determine how early we need to be there the morning of the first show depending on how many people are in line already.

The people who line up for days at a time though I don't think ever add up to the people in the circle - I just wanna get in the circle, don't care if I have a clear shot of the stage - Might be okay behind red zone as well

Amy asked me to post the super-useful map of Canada I constructed yesterday:

map.jpg

I think that about covers it, although in hindsight, I really regret not including a Mountie.

You're probably okay getting into the circle lining up at 6am. In Winnipeg we got there at 5:45am and got front rail. Might be different in Montreal though.

You'll more then likely be fine getting into the circle getting there at 6am. I'd go down there the day before and check out the numbering system though.

They might have it so you can get a number and then go back there at that spot in line at a certain time the morning of the show. Sometimes they make you wait in line once you get your number though. It's best to go down to the stadium when you arrive in town and check out the line situation.

I'll be two hours away so once I get to Montreal I'm there for the day - If anyone wants to swap contact info with me lemme know - Or if anyone can text me what the line looks like the day before or whenever they get into line that'd be great - I'm playing it by ear - Leaving the wife in Burlington for the day so I don't wanna leave her for hours on end if I don't have to ha

Thanks for reposting here MTE. That is hilarious!!!:lol:

Where is the meat market?:shifty:

Shawn, you are not alone in feeling anxious. I think we all are. These will be the craziest shows on this leg, so no one really knows what to expect. If you are just looking to get into the pit, 6 am would more than likely be fine. However, the Oakland pit looked really tight, and I heard of people who couldn't get back to their spot once they left it. Your best bet is to make the stadium your first stop and see what the situation is. I am sure people who have Blackberry's (not me:sad:) will update in this thread as well. I hope we get the chance to meet you!:wink:

I'll have my trusty iPhone with the Interference App in hand as well - I am just hoping a lot of us end up near each other so I have people to talk with - I'm a shy guy dispite my show - In person, I don't do well ha - So, it's easier when I already kinda sorta know people - I'll probably park in a parking garage downtown at around 4am and take the train to the station and see what's up

Believe it or not, I'm shy in person too!:wink:

I have seen others posting in previous show threads about the status of the line, so that iPhone will serve you well!:up: We will find you!:shifty:

I told my husband I wanted to be there between 10-12 noon. I do not think I can convince him earlier. I know for Foxboro, we got there later than 3 both days and had pretty decent spot in the pit. I am nervous though.

I'm nervous too. There are going to be 40 000 PEOPLE IN GA!!!!!!!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

*resumes breathing into paper bag*

I hope that evenko posts some info about the tailgate party soon...I think knowing the details on that will help with the planning.

I'm really trying to stay calm, but then I come in here and get all:panic:again...Amy, pass me that paper bag please!

U2Mama, worst case scenario, soundboard with drinks!:wink:

*passes paper bag around*

map.jpg

I think that about covers it, although in hindsight, I really regret not including a Mountie.

Geez, throw in a beaver, some beer, bacon, and an igloo and you can have every annoying stereotype.

(bites lip) Funny though!

will be like a mini glastonbury or mini moncton. and i hope U2 get a similar vibe in MTL.

Glastonbury. :rockon: 1 week and 4 days and I will be there. :heart:

Don't worry everyone. GA in Montreal will work out. :hug: With my back being bad and wanting to be up front, I'm gonna do at least one long camp over for one Montreal show and the other I might just turn up in enough time to get a reasonable pit spot. Then again if my back is playing up I might just have to camp both times as I will need that rail. :wink::lol:

After almost getting crushed in Athens GA waiting to go in I am sure I can survive anything. :lol:

If we all stick together we will be fine. :hug:

map.jpg

:lmao: :love: it.

If there is a hot Mountie about no doubt we will have tracked him down and taken him for our own so you count him wherever we are. :sexywink::shifty:

Glad to know there is a Maccy D's and a Timmies ( Cups of Tea :love: ) and a Wlamrt nearby. :drool:

Geez, throw in a beaver, some beer, bacon, and an igloo and you can have every annoying stereotype.

(bites lip) Funny though!

Not quite sure what annoying sterotypes are there. The ones that are annoying are the ones you have listed as missing. I'm glad to see there is food nearby, and that our hotel isn't that far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom