July 5, 2011 - Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner 8 p.m. At Gino's East at 633 Wells Street at 8 p.m. Please call restaurant and ask for Roman G the Rapper!

-Doesn't the band stay at the Hyatt in CHicago?

-AIYEEE! Deep-dish pizza

-I was trying to check what time Soldier field lets us line up on their property. Found nothing on their website :|

-Doesn't the band stay at the Hyatt in CHicago?

-AIYEEE! Deep-dish pizza

-I was trying to check what time Soldier field lets us line up on their property. Found nothing on their website :|

I called Soldier Field on Friday, they said the day of at 6 am ....but I wasn't sure if numbers will be issued beforehand

If anyone out there can buy me a folding chair.....I'll pay $$ for it. Travelling and have no clue where to get one.

Getting ready to drive to Buffalo and then take a plane to Chicago.

See everyone soon!

If anyone out there can buy me a folding chair.....I'll pay $$ for it. Travelling and have no clue where to get one.

See everyone soon!

If I was there I'd buy you one!:wink:

See everyone soon!

I have an extra folding chair for you. Please send me a PM and we can coordinate meeting-up in line....

I have an extra folding chair for you. Please send me a PM and we can coordinate meeting-up in line....

I will be in line 6 am sharp.

You can't miss me. Bald black guy with a license plate around my neck.

You can find me when you come.....if it isn't too much trouble.

Mark

liban0214 said:
What time is everyone lining up for GA?

5 AM here. Gonna leave around 3:30 here in Indiana, which will give us enough time to search for the cheapest parking in the area and still make it by then. Fuck the Man: we'll hang around for a good while beforehand.

I called Soldier Field on Friday, they said the day of at 6 am ....but I wasn't sure if numbers will be issued beforehand

FYI Chicago folks: There is a GA line started at the stadium. It's located at the train station overcross and there are about 75 people. I don't have more info, but I'm assuming it's a signup. Do with this info what you will.

:eyebrow: I don't get it. Every show I've been to you can't just sign up and then leave and come back two days later. Are you saying there are 75 people in line already that are going to stay there until the 5th?

:eyebrow: I don't get it. Every show I've been to you can't just sign up and then leave and come back two days later. Are you saying there are 75 people in line already that are going to stay there until the 5th?

For this leg, the GA queues have almost all been of the check in then come back early the morning of the show. In most cases there have been a couple people staying in line overnight to sign people up as they arrive. It seems that stadium and U2 security are OK with this setup since it doesn't involve a ton of people camping out. There are of course issues because not everyone knows and people show up the morning of and are understandably upset that people arriving after them are actually in front of them. But given what's been happening at other shows, I'd expect this list to mostly hold.

Wow...that's bullshit. I had no idea that was going on. I would've sold my GA ages ago. I can't just go drive to Chicago, sign my name on a paper, drive home and then drive in again the day of the show.

If I remember correctly from the opener in 2009, security did not cooperate with the fan number system and it was first-come, first serve the day of. I believe I heard people mumbling/grumbling about it. Anyone know for sure?

I do remember there being signage about trespassing/camping out being illegal but I'm not sure how strict they were about enforcing.

Agree with you, bono212...this is stupid.

I've never had trouble just showing up between 4 and 6 the day of the show, hanging in line during the day, dealing with the shitheads that show up right before the doors open and have a generally great spot and a wonderful time. Why anyone would bother to change the system is beyond me.

Same here--I've only done GA this tour but I was in line at about 6 am for the opener and it was fine. Did have some problems with shitheads :wink: but overall it was fantastic.

I just think this is 1) ridiculously over the top and 2) completely unfair to people like you who are coming from out of state or country to see the show. How the hell are you supposed to sign up?

Hopefully security won't recognize the system and just let people get there and get in line. I would be pissed as hell if I got there and had to let a huge group of people in front of me.

I'm just trying to decide now if the risk is worth it. I already took the day off of work for this because I was going to line up, rather than just show up late in the afternoon. I really really don't want to get there and see a long line of people show up throughout the course of the day.

God, I don't know what to do now.

It seems like the line organizers have been getting these signed off on by security at some venues. Not sure what's going on with Chicago though as they seem to be pretty secretive. However, the people on this list will have to show up early on the 5th, usually an hour before they officially say you can line up. If they don't show up then, they are off the list and at the back of the line.

I agree that it's unfair to those who are coming from out of town.

Lastly, at this point I'd only recommend lining up all day if you want rail. You can show up at 5 and stil get inner circle within 3 or 4 people of the rail or outer rail 2 or 3 back.

I can't even begin to understand who came up with this idea/thought it was Ok.

But are you saying that if they signed up days in advance, it's not going to be honored if they're not there by six?

That does sound really crap... but I'm sure you will still get a really good spot if you line up at 5am. Definitely not worth selling GA and buying seats instead, in my opinion.

I guess I'm going to just go there and hope for the best then. I'm one of those short people who's pretty much rail or bust because I'm a little screwed otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom