July 5, 2011 - Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no fireworks in downtown Chicago this year by the city. Just the normal ones at Navy Pier.

Thanks, can you see them from the shore? Is it hard to get a spot? Sorry, coming from Mn and have never seen a bigger fireworks display....

I'm not from Chicago, maybe a local can help you with that question. I just was doing some planning for myself and read that the usual City Of Chicago fireworks was cancelled. I think you actually have to go down to Navy Pier to see those fireworks but not sure....

Just added a leg to Chicago on my Montreal flight. Now all I need is 1 GA. Anyone?

Hey, if you can't find one on the forum, my friend and I noticed yesterday that there seems to be a few GA's on ebay with no bidding action. Prices are about $70 - 80 (or lower), so not a whole lot more than face value.

Or Rich can sell you his. He told me he can't make it, as he has to re-organize his sock drawer on the the 5th.

Is anybody driving down on the I-94 to the Chicago? I'm in Milwaukee and I need to get to Chi-town for the concert. I'll definitely help out with gas money.

I'm also looking to share accomodation. I'm an Adamgirl, pretty low-key and low-maintanence. Of course, I'd split the cost for that too!

Pre-Show Pint at Kitty O'Shea's?

Any one up for a pre-show pint at Kitty O'Shea's (In the Hilton on Michigan Ave.) at 3:00? I would love to meet some fellow Interference members/fans. :wave:

Any one up for a pre-show pint at Kitty O'Shea's (In the Hilton on Michigan Ave.) at 3:00? I would love to meet some fellow Interference members/fans. :wave:

Sorry, I'll be well-ensconced in the GA line by then. :)

Are there any meetups planned for the 4th?

I was also wondering if there's anything planned for July 4th.

In the GA line for 2009, we had access to real bathrooms, with soap and running water an everything. After Baltimore, I am excited to be able to wash my hands! (Although, to be fair, the GA line experience in Baltimore was great, and I'm not complaining.)

I was also wondering if there's anything planned for July 4th.

In the GA line for 2009, we had access to real bathrooms, with soap and running water an everything. After Baltimore, I am excited to be able to wash my hands! (Although, to be fair, the GA line experience in Baltimore was great, and I'm not complaining.)

That'll be nice, I plan to be there as early as I can. I'll have games. :)

If there's nothing planned for the 4th, I think we need to get something going. I was planning to hit Navy Pier, but could be convinced otherwise.

That'll be nice, I plan to be there as early as I can. I'll have games. :)

If there's nothing planned for the 4th, I think we need to get something going. I was planning to hit Navy Pier, but could be convinced otherwise.

I'm up for anything July 4th.

I am in for a meet up near fireworks, even better, and if Rich is organizing his sock drawer I still need your GA. :wave:

Nah, I'll be using it. I burned my sock drawer to the ground out of disgust.

We should ask Steve Bartman if he wants to stand in line with us.

I'm game for meeting up somewhere downtown or at Navy Pier on the night of the 4th. I think I'll come down from Minnesota on the 4th and stay through Wednesday. If someone can shoot me a PM with particulars of a meetup, that would be great.

On an aside, I'm looking for a GA for Chicago. :up:

where's a really cheap place to stay in Chicago? i was going to do Hostel route, but it seems they are all booked.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Are you looking for close proximity to the stadium? Because, options might really be limited . . .

Not necessarily

That would be PERFECT after the last time. Mind you, I plan on being prepared by bringing a bit of makeshift shade in case it's that hot again. Last time the heat and humidty was too much until a kind GA'er shared their big umbrella with us. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom