July 5, 2011 - Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows when the queue is going to start. It starts whenever someone feels like starting it.

I started it already. To join, just send "join_line" to 40404 on your cell ;) It's the future of GA line running, people!

No one knows when the queue is going to start. It starts whenever someone feels like starting it.

My fear is that GA lining up will start earlier in Chicago.

1) It is a first world city in its own right, contrast with some of the more suburban cities on this tour
2) U2 seem to really like Chicago. It almost has the same status as New York to them.

Perhaps seasoned GAers can tell us about their Sept 2009 Chicago experience, compared with other cities. Although I like to think it was more hectic in 2009, because that was the leg opener

My fear is that GA lining up will start earlier in Chicago.

1) It is a first world city in its own right, contrast with some of the more suburban cities on this tour
2) U2 seem to really like Chicago. It almost has the same status as New York to them.

Perhaps seasoned GAers can tell us about their Sept 2009 Chicago experience, compared with other cities. Although I like to think it was more hectic in 2009, because that was the leg opener

It wasn't too bad. I didn't have any issues. A little chaotic but isn't it like that everywhere?

Due to my experience in Oakland, I'm heading straight to Soldier Field as soon as my plane lands at MDW on the afternoon of the 3rd.:wink:

Haha yeah, I know, that's why I said I knew no one would have a definite answer. I was just looking for advice based on past experiences and whatnot :p

Depends on what kind of spot you want. You could possibly line up later in the afternoon and still get into the pit. If you want rail, your best bet is to line up sometime in the morning. If you want to guarantee a rail spot, go line up now.. GO GO GO! RUN!!

Depends on what kind of spot you want. You could possibly line up later in the afternoon and still get into the pit. If you want rail, your best bet is to line up sometime in the morning. If you want to guarantee a rail spot, go line up now.. GO GO GO! RUN!!

I think you could walk in the stadium as late as 6 and still get in the pit. I rolled in around 6:10 or 6:15 for Chicago 1 (I had a Red Zone ticket), and accidentally walked into the pit instead of the Red Zone entrance. I seem to remember a decent amount of room on Adam's side.

This will be my 1st official trip to Chicago. I'm very excited. Mirrorball Man 2.0 will be in full effect.....but I won't go on the plane in costume.

I'm pretty pumped to be going! See you after East Lansing :)

This will be my 1st official trip to Chicago. I'm very excited. Mirrorball Man 2.0 will be in full effect.....but I won't go on the plane in costume.

For some reason, I thought you'd been here before . . .

I'll be the guy decked out in Packer gear :D

Ha, I was just kidding about that. Given the circumstances from earlier this year, I might not get out of there with my life if I wear so much as a GB hat.

romi said:
I started it already. To join, just send "join_line" to 40404 on your cell ;) It's the future of GA line running, people!

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
If you're flying into Midway, there's a 30% chance your plane will land in Soldier Field.

:lmao:

4th of July? Celebration of Adam's magnificence with me?
Oh geez, I didn't realize I'd be in Amurrica on the 4th of July. Better get out my little American flag to wave. :uhoh:

I think you could walk in the stadium as late as 6 and still get in the pit. I rolled in around 6:10 or 6:15 for Chicago 1 (I had a Red Zone ticket), and accidentally walked into the pit instead of the Red Zone entrance. I seem to remember a decent amount of room on Adam's side.
No. The pit is not enough. I need rail. OUTTA MY WAY!

Chicago is a beeeautiful city. :up: The show in 09 was my first time there and I'm super excited to be going back.

And I think you should go on the plane in costume.

Quiet pride, my man. Quiet pride... :lol::lol::lol:

Exactly :) I considered going to the NFC Championship a few months back, but ultimately opted out do to the ticket prices plus the fact that A) If Green Bay loses a chance to go to the SB against the Bears, I'm in the middle of hell and paid at least $500 for it or B) Green Bay wins and I don't own enough kevlar to get out alive.

Will anyone be taking the train in from Milwaukee Airport Station on July 3? Laura I will be on early train and will call you when I get into Chicago. Can't believe it's been almost two years since Dublin. Hope you are having fun in California :)

So really, where are you guys drinking before the show. We have seats and are just going to relax and tear it up a bit.

I've heard Kitty O'Sheas.... yes?

I want to go somewhere where they are playing U2 and actually gives a shit about the show. Tired of these Irish pubs that are 'too cool' to play the hell out of U2 before the show as they should. There's so much to choose from in Chicago, so I want to go to a place where I can sing my heart out over a pint. ;)

Counting down the days till this show....:hyper: Wondering if anyone can tell me where is a good spot to see the fireworks on the 4th? Grant park maybe? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom