July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a camp towel? (I mean, I'm assuming it's a towel especially for camping!) Can you usually find them in a Target or Wal-Mart with their other cheaply-priced camping goods?

Dry shampoo and wet wipes (AND antibacterial wipes) are already in my possession.

:up:

Hm, I only have the wipes (of both varieties) so far.

So someone called and was told that no, you cannot keep your car there, they are making you move the car to another field once your tent is set up.

So .... I guess we can only hope the other lot isn't a ridiculously far walk, because there's no way I'm leaving all my belongings at my tiny tent in the middle of a field with 5,000 other people around. Or during the night while I'm asleep (although I would assume my bag will fit in the tent with me while I'm sleeping and I won't have to walk back again to return my stuff to the car).

Why am I doing this, again?
I'm starting to think that I want a different campsite with trees where I can play beer pong and light fires. Anyone know of a close one?:doh:

I'm starting to think that I want a different campsite with trees where I can play beer pong and light fires. Anyone know of a close one?:doh:

That's what I'll be going for the rest of the trip, but unfortunately I'll be alone/would feel lame making s'mores by myself.

I mean, unless you & your guys want to extend the trip by a day or whatever & see nature crap in Maine w/me, haha. :)

I mean, unless you & your guys want to extend the trip by a day or whatever & see nature crap in Maine w/me, haha. :)
What I want is a campsite that I can walk to or at least bus to. One that I can light a fire at and maybe hunt a beer. I need a few trees. I am bringing a beerpong size table probably and would like some room for that. I still think our fourth is in he is just trying to get out of work. So whats the first thing my buds are gonna ask me tonight when I bring up you may tag along, lol. I wonder.:huh:

I'm 90% sure we are also hitting Arcade Fire show on Thursday night.

If me tagging along doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, s'all right. I want trees and fire too, but for me it's more important to make sure I can line up early--if you have to take a bus to the concert, they probably aren't running until 11am or whatever, too late.

I'd love to go to that show too.

If me tagging along doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, s'all right. I want trees and fire too, but for me it's more important to make sure I can line up early--if you have to take a bus to the concert, they probably aren't running until 11am or whatever, too late.

I'd love to go to that show too.

How does the lineup work? Does everyone have to like run to spots or is it mellow? Maybe I should reserve that guys house for 30 bucks too so we can drive from wooded campsite to that spot.. :up:

I'm heading down to the beach soon to play cards, drink beer, and discuss the trip. I gotta get this together. If I buy my ga tics now do they have a will call or someway for me to get them (email?). I don't want to get them mailed as it's too late in the game. Hey, thanks everyone for putting up with my questions. I have A.D.D. and wanna get everything done right so I can just party smooth once we get there.

If I am able to do the line, and there's the slightest hint of trouble (i.e., pushing, or other signs that shit is about to get real), I am leaving the line and waiting until the crush of people is in before waltzing in myself.

We'll see how that works out. :)

If I am able to do the line, and there's the slightest hint of trouble (i.e., pushing, or other signs that shit is about to get real), I am leaving the line and waiting until the crush of people is in before waltzing in myself.

We'll see how that works out. :)

As I said before, my buddy and I are available for bodyguarding duty. Not too many people can/would shove guys our size. Plus it makes you look like a celebrity!! :D:D

Okay guys, I actually spoke to a guy that works for the promotor (Donald K Donald Events) and he explained that the main Gate where the lineup will start is where the Green arrow is on the map.

That being said since I am in a Motel about 7 kms away, I wanted to find parking very close to the site so that we can go back and forth to the rental. I made some calls and actually secured parking for $30 at the house directly beside Atlantic Violin Supplies (the Red Balloon at the top of the page). Very nice guy and has room for more cars. If you are interested then PM me and I will pass along his information.

The only negative is that Front Mountain Road will most likely be closed until 1:00AM but I'm not too concerned about that since I will most likely be too wound up after the show and wouldn't mind chilling out and taking my time.

There is a good article here about the parking and shuttle setup....

timestranscript.com - Park and ride encouraged for U2 | By Craig Babstock - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

MagneticHillsite.png

Um, I may be a little daft, but where are the SEATS? :|

I think they're not just shown in that picture, as that picture is who-knows-how old - they're only just putting them up this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom