July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Interpol had been smoking weed, don't you think that keyboard player would've been in a better mood?

That's why you ALWAYS bring a flaming barbed wire 2 x 4 to U2 concerts. No exceptions.

Damn spaceships and their aliens. I need a bigger board with bigger nails.

treehouseofhorror2_06.jpg

Technical point (for which I expect the backside of your hand across my face in Canada): no liquor or beer sales at TCF Bank Stadium.

*prepares slapping hand*

If Interpol had been smoking weed, don't you think that keyboard player would've been in a better mood?

Ha! Yeah, what a sourpuss.

I loved the long shot of Larry during the band introductions, where the crowd kept getting louder, and a smile just finally hinted upon his face. SMILE, GOD DAMN IT!

And then of course, he steps forward at the end of the show to speak two words to us.... and the mic is off. :lol:

It was worth seeing Interpol in Mpls. just to be reminded that the lead singer's haircut is a conscious choice and not some band-bus shenanigan.

He's giving Win from Arcade Fire a run for his money in the Worst Hair in Rock and Roll category.

The first comment I made was "The lead singer got a haircut."

The people behind me laughed, and said they loved that I have seen them so much that I knew that!:shifty:

He was too depressed worrying about his bad teeth. The claw screen really magnifies dental problems.

(I think it was the keyboard player :reject:. I just remember one of my first impressions of Interpol was, "wow, those are some unfortunate teeth", along with "SHE CAN'T READ! SHE CAN'T READ!" :lol:

We could smell it at the front rail, and some us just started laughing. Even one of the security guys in front of me started smiling and said "Somebody's got the weed, huh?" :lol:

Speaking of which, all of these guys doing security were from a local university's football program, and they were working this as some sort of fund-raiser. I know some complaints were made about how they handled things on here (not telling people to slow down in GA, having everyone leave early), but the impression I got was that this was the first show they worked, so that might've been a reason for that.

Hey trevgreg, were you on Edge's side? I saw you in the GA line in your Crazy Tonight shirt, but didn't get a chance to make some inappropriate comment about Adam and that shirt. Yeah, just great, security... biggest band in the biggest concert this stadium has seen and they send in fundraiser-people. More comedy gold from these good old professionals: when the first batch of us entered the pit, one security guard remarked loudly, "WOW I"M SURPRISED TO SEE SO MANY YOUNG PEOPLE HERE". And on my way back from the bathroom, an older one exasperatedly said, with a hint of mockery, "outer rail, inner circle..." like we made up some crazy terms. haha. sheesh.

One of the SB security people was raising funds for his church. So, experience? Not so much.
I like Asia Security--big, badass, bearded guys.

Yeah, that's how our Asian guys are :lol:

From my spot, all I could see was his little paunch sticking out under the keyboard. Even that wasn't as adorable as Bono's.

Still looking for a setlist of Minny... annotated with Adam's states of undress. The shirtlessness! The shirtlessness!

i really hope a setlist doesn't pop up. i don't want to see anything at the end that wasn't played due to the rain.

So do you want to know the alternative? Because I got a setlist from Dallas: there is nothing after MoS. They didn't plan anything special for us. (but knowing how they've been with the recent shows, they (especially B) are quite spontaneous about adding the last song, if they do)

Moment of sweetness with Mr Schoo: we were all forced to leave the pit via Edge's side, and of course Dalla is there on stage. I give a big wave, thinking he's not even looking at me, but then he waves back!! My friend also waves at him (and I kinda look away and start walking), and suddenly he's taking Edge's setlist and folding it up and tossing it our way. Such a sweet, genuine, friendly guy. I don't know how the setlist stayed so dry (maybe Dallas had to paste Edge a new one after the rain), or why it smelt so good. :D

nownow, I just wish someone remembered which songs Adam took his shirt off for!

it was sunday bloody sunday.

he's wearing his shirt for crazy

shirtless for just one song? it felt like time was suspended for me. er, was he in shirt or unzipped suit of lights for Crazy Tonight?

he was in the zipped suit for crazy. go back in the other two minneapolis threads. i posted all my videos.

he only had his shirt off for one song

He had the jacket unzipped with no shirt for a song or 2 though, and then one totally shirtless. Oh well, I guess I need to rewatch the videos to jog my memory!:shifty:

Some of my highlights (and kramwest - you need to add a new tag to this thread 'edge guitar fail')

Always looked forward to Edge's falsetto in The Fly where he held the mic to his mouth..... loooooovvveeee....
360-Minneapolis-36-X2.jpg

Right before he came over and rocked our world, right ARW?!
360-Minneapolis-43-X2.jpg

For the Adam girls:
360-Minneapolis-44-X2.jpg

360-Minneapolis-45-X2.jpg

360-Minneapolis-46-X2.jpg

Wet Edge, seconds before

GUITAR FAIL EXTRAORDINAIRE

I'd be crying if I didn't hear the UTEOTW solo 10 more times this summer... :D:D (sucked though to be in RZ1 and not get it right on the bridge, but the drama was fun)

360-Minneapolis-50-X2.jpg

wow, I can't believe it was just one song! Off to find shirtless SBS then! Thanks Amy! And thanks for humoring the fangirls, DRay!

Bono and Adam (unfortunately wearing a shirt)
360-Minneapolis-53-X2.jpg

This is my wonder-shot. He skipped across the bridge so damn quick during Boots, for me to get this pic was a damn miracle. :p
360-Minneapolis-64-X2.jpg

All four of them are in this shot, but Edge is going incognito... YOU ARE FIRED EDGE'S SPOTLIGHT GUY.
360-Minneapolis-69-X2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom