Its Official: My Aunty was a bottle of shrimp paste.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
What is Trassie short for, please? If I search the web most hits are Indonesian receipes involving condiments, or occasionally a swear word in an African dialect. There is the odd reference to Trassie being an Irish girls name which would make sense as its a word that has arisen in relation to my family tree. Are there any Irish people in here? Is Trassie short for something? I hope so, otherwise I have a very unfortunately named gggggAunty from Tipperary.

... or perhaps they werent from Tipperary at all, and my ancestors are in fact African and were simply swearing at each other. :wink:

........We do have a dominant feuding gene (and white freckly skin) :huh:

*Licks lips
icon8.gif

Lemon Meringue said:
Are you a Hatfield or a McCoy? Which is it. :angry:

Oh no, thats American history. Im having a hard enough time coming to grips with my newly discovered African Irish Crustacean heritage. :no:

Last edited:
I just searched on the web for Hatfields and McCoys and got:

"Like the Hatfields and the McCoys, the Forrester and Spectra families have been locked in combat throughout the years"

I think I would rather be a Marone, they have the biggest boat. :wink:

excellent question. i'm an amphipod. :wink:

Amphipods are one of the great success stories in the Crustacea.

what crustacean are you? :love:

Genetically I obviously a shrimp via the Aunty Trassie line but if I had a choice I would be a marron (Cherax tenuimanus). My sister once had a pet marron that kept escaping from its tank and heading towards the cat door. One day we came home from school and she had completely disappeared. Smeagol the cat didn?t get the marron (oh, cant recall what her name was) as we checked everywhere for bits of shell. We hope she scuttled off towards a happier place.

Marron tastes really good with a mustard sauce. Are amphipods edible? They look a bit too weeny to eat. The only good crustacean is one that is served best in a sizzling garlic sauce. :wink:

So, why are amphipods the greatest success stories in the Crustacea. Because no one wants to eat them they have flourished?

i think no one wants to eat them due to the lack of meat on their bones. tiny little things!

here is a picture of my forefather.

j20938.jpg

:drool:
5stars.gif
:drool:

Apparently we have lots of 'em in Australia. I really must pay more attention. I live near one of the largest conveyor belt under the aquarium thingies. I should investigate further. Otherwise I think its nearly time for the Annual Chilli Crab Festival so I can probably ask Fisheries.:drool:

i love you illm. :mad:

and boof, don't give me that blarney about the superior dakota lacking crustaceans. i've heard it before. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom