it really is a shame that we didn't get a full milan dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
well, i just received u2:18 deluxe thing as a christmas present, and i have to say that the milan footage is absolutely stunning. such a beautiful setting and an awesome crowd. how they could decide to only give us 10 songs is beyond my comprehension. so, so, so much better than the chicago dvd. these two shouldn't even be compared.

u2 made a bad choice when they decided to release the chicago dvd. they should have released milan instead.

U2Man said:
well, i just received u2:18 deluxe thing as a christmas present, and i have to say that the milan footage is absolutely stunning. such a beautiful setting and an awesome crowd. how they could decide to only give us 10 songs is beyond my comprehension. so, so, so much better than the chicago dvd. these two shouldn't even be compared.

u2 made a bad choice when they decided to release the chicago dvd. they should have released milan instead.

I agree, but whats done is done:shrug:

Re: Re: it really is a shame that we didn't get a full milan dvd

xaviMF22 said:

I agree, but whats done is done:shrug:

yes, but why are they so foolish?

sometimes i think they are rushing out the american dvds because they are afraid that americans aren't inclined to buy dvds recorded outside the u.s. as much as dvds recorded in the u.s., which isn't a good thing financially, since america is u2s biggest market.

but its a shame really, because as i think most people will agree on:

slane dvd > boston dvd

milan dvd > chicago dvd.

Re: Re: Re: it really is a shame that we didn't get a full milan dvd

U2Man said:

yes, but why are they so foolish?

sometimes i think they are rushing out the american dvds because they are afraid that americans aren't inclined to buy dvds recorded outside the u.s. as much as dvds recorded in the u.s., which isn't a good thing financially, since america is u2s biggest market.

but its a shame really, because as i think most people will agree on:

slane dvd > boston dvd

milan dvd > chicago dvd.

both American DVDs are in arenas and both European DVDs are in stadiums.

I know they haven't done stadiums in the U.S. since PopMart but I think it's more of the setting than the geographic position.

I still have hope , I mean We can't be left without Electric Co in a Stadium .....

So Crazy , Edge going to the B-stage , and playing the solo in the middle of a crazy crowd

It's indeed a shame :|

But like I said still hope , somethin tells me it will be released after as a full dvd

But in terms of rates :

4-Boston
3-Chicago ( With Slane slightly better coz of crowd , Chicago wins for me as being a Vertigo show , better setlist , and songs sounding better )
2-Slane
1-Milan

Last edited:
U2Man said:
well, i just received u2:18 deluxe thing as a christmas present,

Can't say I don't envy u mate .... No deluxe edition released here , and now the american sites aren't offering anymore , have no idea how I will put my hands on it :|

We're getting that IMAX movie though...and 3 official DVDs from one tour is overkill.

U2girl said:
We're getting that IMAX movie though...and 3 official DVDs from one tour is overkill.

agree. but they could at least have given the hardcore fans the entire dvd as a bonus to u2:18.

he sounds better during the ten songs on the milan dvd than he does on the chicago dvd :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: it really is a shame that we didn't get a full milan dvd

LemonMacPhisto said:

both American DVDs are in arenas and both European DVDs are in stadiums.

I know they haven't done stadiums in the U.S. since PopMart but I think it's more of the setting than the geographic position.

I disagree, I don't think it is the setting at all. I think there is a simple difference between European / South America crowds and US ones. Crowds outside the US seem to be alot more animated and outwardly enthusiastic - if you doubt me then you need to experience shows on both sides of the Atlantic. I put this down partly to the relative lack of shows that are played outside the US, maybe it makes people more appreciative of them. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time following U2 to the US last year and will go back again but I do have to say that Euro crowds make a far better atmosphere.

What u say ......

We try this again ....

ht tp:// www. petitiononline.com/u2milan/petition.html

?

I actually think this Milan bonus on U218 is a good sign. Keep in mind that before Slane was released, we had that "U2's Beautiful Day" programme that had just an hour or so of the concert. So just because some of Milan has been released doesn't mean that a full release won't turn up at some point in the future.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: it really is a shame that we didn't get a full milan dvd

cdparky said:
the relative lack of shows that are played outside the US, maybe it makes people more appreciative of them.

That's what I think it is too! I mean how often do popular artists in general tour the rest of the world as compared with America?

U2Man said:
don't you think the footage is rather awesome, axver?

I haven't seen it.

I might have actually put some effort into finding it if The Electric Co. had been included.

U2Man said:
don't you think the footage is rather awesome, axver?

I knew it was since that 1 min clip of 60 minutes , just by seeing , COBL , The audience with the arms , the giant screen , Bono doing his moves

And now I remember , there is a video of Bono after One thankin the late Pope John Paul II

Axver said:

I haven't seen it.

I might have actually put some effort into finding it if The Electric Co. had been included.

you really should anyway, axver.

it kicks the chicago dvd's butt badly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: it really is a shame that we didn't get a full milan dvd

Zootlesque said:

That's what I think it is too! I mean how often do popular artists in general tour the rest of the world as compared with America?

That's a very weak point , One thing I can proov , at least in South America , any local band can play 4 times in the same city on the year , and the crowd will be nuts as ever ....

It's not only with u2 that passes 8 years without coming

U2Man said:

you really should anyway, axver.

it kicks the chicago dvd's butt badly.

Haven't seen Chicago either. :wink:

But I did get the Chicago DVD for Christmas, so I guess I will see it soon. The one thing Chicago does have going for it is a better setlist.

it's easy to have a better setlist when you have like 24 songs, as opposed to only 10 :wink:

U2Man said:
it's easy to have a better setlist when you have like 24 songs, as opposed to only 10 :wink:

I meant the entire Chicago show versus the entire Milan show. And Chicago DOES have An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart. :drool:

Axver said:

I meant the entire Chicago show versus the entire Milan show. And Chicago DOES have An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart. :drool:

Milan has Follow / Electric Co

an cat dubh is a nice surprise since it isn't played very often, but to be honest i don't think it's a good song.

And Milan was filmed on it :

300px-IMG_1735.jpg

:drool:

yep. i wonder why other bands haven't decided to shoot a dvd in that stadium. it's a beautiful setting with those walls of people.

Zootlesque said:

..which is musically awesome! But visually it is pretty embarrassing watching Bono acting like a monkey. :huh:

Who gives a damn of what's like bono actin ....

What matters is this ....

ith.gif
The sound :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom