Is this Bono? I don't think so ... at all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God how pathetic...

I can't find the picture of the woman on boston.com anymore, but I can't believe the Globe would put a fake Bono on there. At least the Globe usually has higher standards than the Herald.

honestly, after this post came about earlier this year, and i notified pavel of it, he sort of became obsessed with perfecting his career and image. or at least that is when i started noticing it - that he wold come out for 'low key' dinners etc, but still couldnt get ot of costume.
and the irish brogue at the bar did it for me too.
i still dont have any ill feelings towards impersonators - whether that be elvis, madonna, cher or bono - but pavel sfera i strongly feel is mentally ill and really thinks he is bono.
his singing is embarassing too.

Here's the story....

With or without U2? Oh, no Bono Impostor turns heads in Hub

410w.jpg

By Mark Shanahan, Globe Staff | March 11, 2007

Bono? Is that you?

An impostor of the U2 singer managed over the weekend to hoodwink several bystanders who could have sworn they saw the superstar singer eating breakfast in East Boston and stopping for a pint at the Beantown Pub on Tremont Street.

While it's true that a middle-aged man wearing wraparound shades and a black leather jacket ordered corned beef hash, eggs, and black coffee at Donna's in Orient Heights, it wasn't Bono, and photos of the ersatz entertainer confirm that. So who was it? The knave's name is Pavel Sfera, a bogus Bono whose back story is posted at www.bonolookalike.com, and who was here to perform at a birthday party in Marblehead.

"Someone showed me the Herald, and I laughed," said the impersonator from Southern California, referring to a story in early editions of the Boston Herald reporting that Bono was "here in Hub!"

Word that Bono was roaming around Boston began circulating Friday after Sfera stopped for breakfast at Donna's. Claiming to be in the area for a function at Fidelity Investments, the Bono bluffer posed for pictures and chatted with the restaurant's owner, Donna Marquardo, about his charitable works in Africa.

"He was a very sweet and very nice gentleman," Marquardo said afterward. "He was one of the nicest men I've ever met."

Bono's friends and associates here were skeptical. Dave Kavanaugh, executive producer of Celtic Woman, the Irish song-and-dance show at the Wang Theatre, said he sent Bono a text message when he heard he might be in town. When his friend didn't immediately reply, Kavanaugh figured the rumor was wrong.

Sfera, who makes paid appearances at corporate functions, weddings, bar mitzvahs, and baptisms, says he earns $1,000 "just to walk out the door." To the casual observer, he does look like Bono, albeit on a bad-hair day, and for a guy of Romanian descent, he does a decent Irish accent. Not surprisingly perhaps, Sfera also has a taste for Guinness.

"I just go with the flow. If I find really gullible people, I might take my picture with them," he said yesterday. "There's nothing scandalous about this. I love Bono."

Last edited:
Allegra said:
the Bono bluffer posed for pictures and chatted with the restaurant's owner, Donna Marquardo, about his charitable works in Africa.

pfff...hahaha i'd love to know what he said about his ''charity''

waynetravis said:

pfff...hahaha i'd love to know what he said about his ''charity''

his charity is 'feed and shelter pavel'. he is moving into a mansion in venice beach soon - rent free, and constantly claims 'starving artist' while having a bank account of more than 100k due to recent familial deaths. he certainly wont take a free drink or dinner from the bartender or owner - but he will turn his back at them after they pour & serve, then expect the one he is with to pay.

happened several times.

africa? hmm, well, he DID buy an INSPI(RED) gap t-shirt recently... other than that i guess venice beach is as hot as africa.

Word that Bono was roaming around Boston began circulating Friday after Sfera stopped for breakfast at Donna's. Claiming to be in the area for a function at Fidelity Investments, the Bono bluffer posed for pictures and chatted with the restaurant's owner, Donna Marquardo, about his charitable works in Africa.

:mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:madspit:

"I just go with the flow. If I find really gullible people, I might take my picture with them," he said yesterday. "There's nothing scandalous about this. I love Bono."

:madspit: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

excerpt from his updated bio...
http://bonodouble.com/about-me.html

Because of the striking resemblance, I'm stopped daily for autographs and photographs by fans of Bono and fans of U2. Naturally, I don't autograph Mr. Hewson's name nor do I tell people that I'm Bono. And oddly enough, I have found that when I tell people right off the bat that I'm an impersontor or just someone who looks like him, they often don't let it register. So a gracious, warm, smiley "maybe" or a playful "I'm not going to tell" often does the trick. But if really insistent, I'll put a happy face or a simple Bonoesc message like "Love Every Day or Love Deeply", on a peice of paper and call it a day.
There is something spectacular in the feelings many people have for him that are powerful and truly honorific. Usually, people will approach me and say "Thank you for all your work in Africa", "I love you", and "I love your music". I'm humbled by such affection vicariously felt through the Man.
Naturally, in moments of impersonation and "Bono" character, I do a fantastic Irish accent to add to the flavor of the moment. Many of my Irish friends find it amusing in taking me to local Irish Pubs for a pint or so of Guinness, just to see the reactions of the patrons. (PS...to the many who've met me and may have felt a little confused or troubled that I wasn't the real deal, forgive me...as I was probably in character.)

i didnt realize he had to 'be in character' at the local irish pub and on the street...

tsk tsk tsk

juggsalicious said:
excerpt from his updated bio...
http://bonodouble.com/about-me.html

I'm humbled by such affection vicariously felt through the Man.

:eyebrow:

Proof that the man is :coocoo:

(PS...to the many who've met me and may have felt a little confused or troubled that I wasn't the real deal, forgive me...as I was probably in character.)

What an asshole! Doesn't this dipshit know that you are suppose to tell people while you are there and not leave it up to them to find this statement on the net? I guarantee you that he's not giving people his card with his name on it and his web address so that people know what he's thinking. BULLSHIT!!! Just because you apologize on the net, doesn't mean you're out of the woods MISTER!!!

How about two little messages from Bono and Larry on their opinions of Pavel? :wink:
bonofuckoffma9.gif

:scream: noez! I can't find my larry gif! can somebody who saved it please get me the Comic Relief gif back? :(

kafrun said:

The guy wrote back!

"Thanks guys.... despite my appearance I'm not a complete idiot. The caption was meant to be sarcastic. This guy came into a cafe to use the comp and people were posing with him for pics. I'm sure a billionaire rockstar friend of the Dalai lama would not be in a little cafe in LA, by himself checking his myspace. But I do appreciate the explanation and all. I also agree he is a prick as he actually signed this girl's U2 book, which she ran home to get. I was laughing the entire time."

Again, Pavel is a dick.

Galeongirl said:
How about two little messages from Bono and Larry on their opinions of Pavel? :wink:
bonofuckoffma9.gif

:scream: noez! I can't find my larry gif! can somebody who saved it please get me the Comic Relief gif back? :(

:whistle:

larrybollocksgaleongirl.gif

:evil:

It was posted already in the Gif thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom