Is Brad Pitt a Fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
Bald and in drag :no: that I did NOT need to see :scream: :der: :yikes:

How about a bald Bono in a muscle shirt?

baldbono.jpg

The Brad in drag photos are representative of him stating his true clothing preference - short dresses with no undergarment support. :wink:

O.K., they are really from a Rolling Stone interview. It was around the time of "Fight Club" when he was doing "odd" things much like Bono did during the ZOO TV era. He said he didn't want to do another interview where he poses and looks "all pretty" in every photo. So he dressed up in odd clothing and voila - Brad in drag, for better or worse.

However, it's him doing these types of things that make me a Pitt fan. Funny stuff - and he's a decent enough actor, no Jimmy Stewart, but then, that's a tough act to follow. :)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Brad's name was mentioned in the liner notes of How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

So I'm not only person that read that whole thing?! :hyper: I'm such a U2 dork :lol:

If Brad Pitt wants to keep dressing like Bono (especially the MW look :drool: ) that's perfectly fine with me... Pitt is GORGEOUS. Anyone who doesn't think so needs to see Fight Club and Troy :drool: what a bishounen! of course he's no Bono but still... :wink: he's one of the few men with blonde hair that I like. And if he likes U2, more power to him! Plus I'm glad he's helping in the fight against HIV/AIDS :yes:

I think Brad Pitt looks strangely Kurt Cobainish in those pics what with the long bleached blond hair...

It is undeniable how similair the clothing is. Brad Pitt is a great actor and very good-looking but I think the clothes look better on Bono..as does everything .. :drool:

AtomicBono said:

If Brad Pitt wants to keep dressing like Bono (especially the MW look :drool: ) that's perfectly fine with me... Pitt is GORGEOUS. Anyone who doesn't think so needs to see Fight Club and Troy :drool:

Can I just say Brad Pitt's ass carried the movie Troy :drool:

:laugh:

AtomicBono said:
So I'm not only person that read that whole thing?! :hyper: I'm such a U2 dork :lol:

Nope, I read that whole thing, too (forgot that his name was mentioned, though). I was like, "Geez, I think U2 thanked everyone and their mothers on this one!" LOL. I read the liner notes in my CDs, too :yes:.

I agree with U2Kitten, by the way-Brad does look better with long hair. :).

Originally posted by Atomic Bono
Plus I'm glad he's helping in the fight against HIV/AIDS :yes:

As am I. No idea he was so involved in this stuff...very cool :up:.

Angela

Brad is good looking but to me he doesn't really have the 'IT' factor like Bono does, although i do agree he looks better with long hair!

susanp6 said:
Brad is good looking but to me he doesn't really have the 'IT' factor like Bono does

Yeah, that's how it is with me as well. Nothing against Brad-he's certainly got his moments, and like I said, my respect for him as a person is going up the more I hear about how helpful he's been and everything. It's just that Bono's always gonna personally be my #1 pick for guys.

But hey, to those of you who drool over Brad often...knock yourselves out :D.

Angela

I have to say I think Brad Pitt looks better now than he ever has. I was never a huge fan of his until recently. I'm happy to hear that he has worked with Data. Good for him!

I can't wait to see Ocean's 12. Is it any good?

Lisa71 said:
I have to say I think Brad Pitt looks better now than he ever has. I was never a huge fan of his until recently. I'm happy to hear that he has worked with Data. Good for him!

I can't wait to see Ocean's 12. Is it any good?

I hear it's really good, a good follow up to the second one. and yes, Bono and Brad in the same thread :drool: :drool: :drool: x infinity

Windmilllane said:
Aren't Brad Pitt and Bono neighbors in Dublin? I thought I heard that Brad Pitt bought a house next to Bono's

Sneaky... if he has, he's chosen a really good way to get close to the B-Man.

I'm sure if any of us did that, we'd get called mad stalkers :tongue:

I have another addition to this thread to further prove Pitt is a fan.

Look at this photo:

out02_001j.jpg

It was taken in January 2002, after the Elevation tour. Notice a certain number "7" on his shirt - just like a "7" a certain guitarist wore a lot on tour.... hmmm.... :hmm:

:wink:

u2granny said:
If he doesn't have "it" they must have changed the definition.:wink:

While Bono clearly has the "it" factor (I mean, as much as we all love Edge, Adam and Larry, it's Bono that gets the most recognition and is the main person to push the band - given how strong sales are for HTDAAB, I think Bono's still got "it" :wink: ), Pitt does as well. "Troy" made $130M in the U.S. Some called that a bit of a disappointment as the film cost more than that to make. However, it wasn't that great of a movie (good, but not great). It was pretty much Pitt that led that movie to that $130M gross. And it was definitely Pitt who helped "Troy" gross hundreds of millions of $$ more overseas. Now, compare this to "Alexander" with Colin Farrell. Sorry, the movie is flopping - Farrell is a fine actor, but doesn't quite put butts in the seats yet. Two very similarly themed movies, but one was a decent hit while the other an expensive flop. So I'd say Pitt has the "it" factor too. :)

Back
Top Bottom