Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVII-Lance's Mom Ed.-Jizz the Bang and the Splatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who is that in your avatar by the way? is it Miles? (it probably is, or someone else bleedingly obvious, but i don't study the faces of those who make music)

Yeah, it's Miles.

You were wrong. I was right. You were hoping that you'd be wrong. You were wrong. Hopefully you're happy somewhere there in the dark corners of your mom's basement.

I'd be happy to live in my parents' basement, if they had one. The rent would certainly be more reasonable than what I generally pay. :wink:

Can someone please make separate threads for the Pitchfork list bitching and jazz discussing, or at least dig up one of the many old jazz threads? New threads are good, guys. So is using search from time to time.

Shouter, I haven't got around to that Sex Church deal, although it's not for a lack of trying. I've simply been unable to find it. The only thing I'm able to locate is a single called "Dead End." Worth the plunge?

It can be had for like $13 or $14, I think. If you really like The Black Angels, you will (probably) really like the Sex Church. The album sounds bigger than the "Dead End" single.

And if anybody's having trouble finding information on the band, then anybody's doing it wrong. Not even too obscure for MySpace, let alone Google. The true mark of eliteness or obscurity is going without a MySpace/Facebook/etc. page. You can trust me on this, sadly.

SEX CHURCH on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Not trying to be mean, up there. Merely remarking that the band has a MySpace and isn't one of those bands which counterintuitively refuses to exist in the online arena.

the only other thing i know about them is the girl from the group left in the mid-90s and went solo and became a one hit wonder. yeah.

Dionne Farris, with her hit "I Know." I loved that song! We had that CD as a promo copy at the mall record store I worked at, which meant we had to listen to it ad nauseum. I remember liking it until the gazillionth time I heard it.

I know what you're dooooooooooin', baaaaby!
I know why you saaaay you love me!

Nice to see New Order's Regret place so high. And while I'm equally pleased to see Underworld with a good notice, I always thought Pearl's Girl was better than Born Slippy.

I would have picked a different GBV track, too.

Looks like it's going to be big time props or nothing for Shuttlecock at this point.

It can be had for like $13 or $14, I think. If you really like The Black Angels, you will (probably) really like the Sex Church. The album sounds bigger than the "Dead End" single.

And if anybody's having trouble finding information on the band, then anybody's doing it wrong. Not even too obscure for MySpace, let alone Google. The true mark of eliteness or obscurity is going without a MySpace/Facebook/etc. page. You can trust me on this, sadly.

I meant I was more having a hard time finding the album, but that MySpace link ought to satiate me. Looking forward to trying them out.

Yeah, I found them on myspace like 10 minutes after I made that post.

Only listened to the Dead End single, but that was a good song. A lot of great, surging energy there. Ashley listened to it with me and seemed to like it a bit more than I did. Said it reminded her of The Horrors.

Back
Top Bottom