Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go again if they came back here. I'd be happy to. Two weeks ago was a lot of fun, tonight's utter insanity not withstanding.

I sent NSW a PM. No response. I think he's legitimately upset, and I didn't even say anything negative.

6 June, 2010 Anaheim CA US
12 June, 2010 Denver CO US
16 June, 2010 Oakland CA US
20 June, 2010 Seattle WA US
23 June, 2010 Edmonton CA
30 June, 2010 East Lansing MI
3 July, 2010 Toronto ON CA
6 July, 2010 Chicago IL US
9 July, 2010 Miami FL US
12 July, 2010 Philadelphia PA US
16 July, 2010 Montreal QC CA
19 July, 2010 New York NY US

July 12, Peefer. July 12.

And they're playing a baseball stadium?

If they ever get their shit together, the Philly show might be a possibility for me.

He got angry at me for commenting negatively about it on MY page. Fantastic again. I deleted my status about it anyway, but I was glad to see he got it in there.

Whaaaa?

Out of curiosity, Peefer, what was the jist of your status and the response?

I'd go again if they came back here. I'd be happy to. Two weeks ago was a lot of fun, tonight's utter insanity not withstanding.

I sent NSW a PM. No response. I think he's legitimately upset, and I didn't even say anything negative.

What the hell for, because we dissed his fav band? Hasn't that guy grown any thicker skin since he's been here?

My thoughts on this issue, when I predicted this would happen almost a year ago:
The Philadelphia metropolitan area is the fifth largest in the United States. To relegate it to "get there when we get there" status is absurd and insulting.
Why is everyone saying 2010 like that's a shock? Of course they're playing in 2010. They should be playing it both times though. If NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, and LA are all getting shows on both legs, Philly should be too. It's a fucking huge city with large numbers in the suburbs. It's bigger than DC.
But that's beside the point. Philly is way too big of a city to be skipped on ANY US leg. It's the fifth largest area of people in America.

Here's hoping that for those summer 2010 dates they:

A. Get a badass opening band to come along with them.
B. Put some fucking songs from Zooropa or Pop in the set.
C. Give Bono even more cocaine.

Out of curiosity, Peefer, what was the jist of your status and the response?

My status was something about watching the show, and then I commented later on it that, "This is going to be the shittiest DVD they've ever put out." He replied something like, "Gee, Dan, you're really upbeat" right as I was commenting on his status that I thought it was a letdown despite Bono's hilarious antics. I also mentioned being equally letdown by the lack of Bono getting hit by a shuttlecock.

All I did was correct his grammar, which I thought he'd get a kick of since he's a stickler for it, and talk about being excited about hearing the infamous cockatoo line again. I didn't put down the band at all, or him for digging the show.

He'd probably be a little more lighthearted about it had he been in here. He's rational enough to not actually be pissed off, so I really don't think he is after all. He probably just didn't want some huge discussion on his page where we talk about the absolute craziness that occurred in Pasadena tonight.

Maybe Bono isn't on cocaine, but like Ron Burgundy, only reads what's on the teleprompter.

He who holds the power of the 'prompter, controls life.

Like I said, if they get their shit together by then, it's definitely a possibility.

I'm definitely trying to catch my first U2 show, regardless, so I should end up being there. It helps that it's during break when I'll be close to Philly anyway.

I'm definitely trying to catch my first U2 show, regardless, so I should end up being there. It helps that it's during break when I'll be close to Philly anyway.

Well, if the third (?) leg Philly show this tour is even 1/3 as good as the third leg Philly show from Vertigo you'll definitely be in for a good time.

A PM on here or on Facebook?

FB. Everything's cleared up. He's not pissed. Just didn't want a huge discussion on his page, and I can't blame him. But he's not pissed.

Not like you. YOU ARE THOSE PEOPLE.

Anyone else excited for Laz's reaction to all this?

FB. Everything's cleared up. He's not pissed. Just didn't want a huge discussion on his page, and I can't blame him. But he's not pissed.

Your those people.

C wut i did thar?

imp said:
Anyone else excited for Laz's reaction to all this?

More than anything in the world.

He ought to record a reaction video similar to those old 2 Girls 1 Cup reactions for all of our posts in here.

I am them. They are me. Some of them people, anyway.

I made it. In MS Paint.

Speaking of the ten inch cockatoo:

http://www.send space.com/file/wngi8n

Enjoy an mp3 of the best 12 seconds in the Shuttlecock canon.

Well that makes more sense. For some reason I imagined you finding that picture on google image or something. Which would have blown my mind.

Nope, although that would have probably been even better.

It's amazing to me that we're the only ones who caught onto it. It's there. Plain as day. Listen to the mp3. How in the world did the undoubtedly thousands dissecting this thing in the tour forum not notice that line?

Thanks for making me read 20 pages, you fucks.

Sorry I let you guys down. I actually bought a cannister of birdies at the 99 Cent store in Vegas, but I was nowhere NEAR the stage tonight. The place was a fucking madhouse.

In a way, I'm glad I had no chance at the Inner Circle, or close to the ring, because the show was much different seeing it from the middle of the stadium where you can really take it all in. Seeing the guys up close is cool, but this show really demands a wider perspective.

Speaking of which, my god are you guys negative. I'm almost afraid to go onto YouTube because I don't want to ruin my memories of the show, which I thought was fantastic. Boner was in iffy condition (as usual) but still managed to belt out some surprisingly powerful moments (as usual).

As for the setlist, yeah, same as Vegas but I have this to say: Unknown Server worked a lot better tonight. The crowd seemed a bit more into it, and the sing-a-long at the end didn't seem as desperate. As you noticed, Boner was in a bit of a goofier mood and seemed more to be having fun with it.

I'm not a fan of acoustic renditions, as you all know, but I have to say that the Stuck from tonight is about as good as that kind of thing is going to get. And judging from where I was, it didn't take the air out of the place...that honor went to In A Little Rally. Still a major FAIL. Though I imagine Your Jew Room would have had a similar effect. At least it would have been preserved for visual posterity, though.

Get On Your Cocks just blew me away tonight. Anyone who has seen this in person can tell you how well they're nailing this now. It just works. Magnificock seemed like it was being played slower than normal, which certainly doesn't help it. I'm not saying they should cut the song, but it might work better later in the set. This is probably the most overrated new song. And once again, Moment of Service had the effect of farting at a dinner party and then walking out. Though I have to say, I actually like the rap at the end; it's the only exciting part of the live version.

That's about it for specifics. Of course this doesn't top my CockTV experience, or CockMart. And I think I had a more transcendent experience at the final Squirtigo show in Los Angeles, but that was mainly because they closed with Bad(minton), sorely missing from this tour. But there's no two ways about it: this show tonight was a pretty historic one, the crowd was great, and the band delivered more often than not, setlist issues aside.

I'm curious to hear what other people who were there have to say.

P.S. ANAHEIM?! What the fuck?? I don't want to see a show in fucking Orange County again! I can't believe they didn't take this to Dodger Stadium. I think I may try to go to Oakland instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom