I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So how cool is this Barca vid? Is it like one song from a concert film? In any sense a "music video"?

It's a classic music video, with a lot of scenes from the concert, not just the particular song. I think that this clip will be a good memory for the people who were in Barcelona at the opening nights, it has a lot of nice pics from both nights.

thats a fucking cool video, cant wait for the dvd!! WAIT...NO....on second thought i cant wait till OCTOBER when i can see this spectatle with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears. Then after that maybe 2010, then we can worry about a dvd.

the alternative version of the Crazy Tonight video is a BIG BIG spot for the 360° tour...i like it...and i love the radio edit version of this song...

a question: is it true that u2 will release the single on the uk's radio only in august, near the tour wil be in Uk?

I can't hear any pop songs on the album. When pop came out critics from the Sunday Telegraph said that the album had no traces of pop songs on it in reality. I don't think that a song is catchy unless it gets hooked in your head instantly. Many people, including some on here, have said that NLOTH takes a few listens for you to get into. There are no songs on there I will consider catchy because none of the tracks are that instantanious. Do you ever hear a song on the radio and despite yourself still end up humming the tune afterwards? You may not like the song but it has an instant catchy appeal that gets stuck in your head. I think the charts over here tend to be dominated by this type of music. Now NLOTH may grow on you, but the fact that it isn't hooked inside your head after one or two listens means that it's not under the true definition of catchiness. In my English Dictionary they describes pop muisc as a snare drum, a catchy turn of phrase or plenty of hooks, that includes the vocal, which Magneficent lacks. Only Adam makes the song sound alive. Vertigo was catchy because of its Hello Hello intro into the chorus, GOYB failed because it doesn't contain any hooks. Even though it has more dynamics than Vertigo.The public like accessible songs, snappy lines and an uplifting chorus. I've even heard people criticize ATYCLB as being bad because it was basically an album full of singles. Do you thinks Grace, WILATW, POE and GBHF make hit singles :ohmy:? Even if it was, what is so wrong with that? At least it means quality songs. Thriller had most of the tracks released as a single, that never hurt it in terms of sales or awards. Crazy doesn't have many dynamics at all but once you get past that silly falsetto you realize that it does have an uplifting chorus and it's also a coherant song. That's why eejit from Uncut doesn't like it, because it actually resemble a good old fashioned song like the tracks of Bomb.

Last edited:
Kinda boring this Barca video. Pretty but nowhere near as great as David O'Reily's version.

I can't hear any pop songs on the album. There are no songs on there I will consider catchy because none of the tracks are that instantanious.

qtips.jpg

I was just looking on Amazon UK. They now list 2 CD singles and a 7" single for crazy tonight, but no other details. The release date is listed as September 7.

Have we heard anything official about a delay? Seems like we should have more info by now if they were going to hit the August 17 release date.

With 2 videos getting airplay and the song on the radio, September 7 seems kind of late to be releasing the single.

I was just looking on Amazon UK. They now list 2 CD singles and a 7" single for crazy tonight, but no other details. The release date is listed as September 7.

Have we heard anything official about a delay? Seems like we should have more info by now if they were going to hit the August 17 release date.

With 2 videos getting airplay and the song on the radio, September 7 seems kind of late to be releasing the single.

If you could see my face right now, you'd be able to see me wearing my 'I wouldn't be remotely surprised' expression.

i think the release will be on 17 august for itunes and others (= downloads), but only on September for the physical support.

Back
Top Bottom