I Spy #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appendix?
Adenoid?
Adrenal gland?

You can't even see their abdomens!

:shrug:

I think it has something to do with the ear, but I can't think of anything a-related! :uhoh:

areola? It's the part of the iris that surrounds the pupil of the eye.:nerd:

I looked and there is nothing "a" related with the ear :wink:

Last edited:
That was a hard one. My turn...

231315201fv.jpg

I spy with my little eye something that starts with T.

MsPurrl said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but *what* appendage????

In response to what appendage?: An arm is an extremity: an external body part that projects from the body.

In response to your horse comment:

Well if you think you're beating the horse. I'm going to try to kill it!

Maybe it's my New York birth, or my Dublin upbringing. Or maybe it's because I've lived in the "smoke" too long, but today I feel the need to vent.

:scream: Some of you are ruining the game! :scream:

I commented about a guess (a win for "pot" when the word that the puzzle host was looking for was planter) and when it was my turn to put up a puzzle; some of you decided to comment about me possibly being a sore loser. I'm far from that. But I am a person that believes in honesty and fair play.

If the word in your head is is XXXXX, then dang and blast give clues so it can be guessed instead of taking "close enough" guesses.

Like I said before, it's like the goal line is being moved while the game is in progress and that ain't fair.

The acceptace of a "close enough" answer could also give appearence of cronyism (I'll just accept the "close enough" response because my friend put it up). I'm not accusing anyone, but it gives the appearence as such.

If you don't have it in ya to put up decent clues because you're: Knackered, uninspired, uninterested, uneducated, or just faineant; then accept one of the guesses that was put up, but don't tell us that it was "close enough".

Let us believe that the person who guessed was brilliant and keep the game moving. (That the person didn't actually guess what was in your head will be your little secret.)

Now, if anyone would like to put a bullet in the horse's head and put it out of it's misery, be my guess

Last edited:
msdw59 said:

Now, if anyone would like to put a bullet in the horse's head and put it out of it's misery, be my guess

Since you are the only person who feels the game is being ruined, maybe you should find another game you're happy with, just a suggestion. I didn't respond before to your remark because I thought I would just let it go, let the game move on. Since you have called me out once again, I thought I should answer now. I took her answer because she literally pointed out the object. I didn't think it was fair to say, "no, think of another word for it.", because then the person who made the initial guess would probably not make it back in time to post their new guess and win the game. That ISN'T fair! Also english is not everyone's first language and guesses may not translate the same.

You've both made very good points, but it's just a game! I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got much bigger things to worry about! :(

So let's get on with it--msdw59, I loved your wordplay: be my guess
:giggle:

Now, let's hope Kristin Machina comes back soon and lets us know if anyone has it yet!

tlski said:

Since you are the only person who feels the game is being ruined, maybe you should find another game you're happy with, just a suggestion. I didn't respond before to your remark because I thought I would just let it go, let the game move on. Since you have called me out once again, I thought I should answer now. I took her answer because she literally pointed out the object. I didn't think it was fair to say, "no, think of another word for it.", because then the person who made the initial guess would probably not make it back in time to post their new guess and win the game. That ISN'T fair! Also english is not everyone's first language and guesses may not translate the same.

I guess the two of us will forever agree to disagree.

And I didn't call you out. You did that yourself. I was willing to leave it as a more "general comments"

Think of another word was and should have been the correct response (by you). Give some clues that will lead them to the correct answer. They didn't guess correctly the word that was in your head (they got close). In my book close is no cigar in carney lingo. And since the rules of the game (for this site) is that you can't have multiple guesses in the same text response or back to back postings (which made the game fairer for everyone); if they couldn't get their guess in - so be it. The game continues. No one's feelings are hurt by that. If you want to give them the bloody guess fine, but don't cloke it as you were being magnanimous.

My suggestion that if you're going to accept good enough/close enough answers is "don't broadcast it" . That way it keeps the game going and you don't have people like myself, questioning your random and arbitrary acceptance of "close enough" responses.

I also think that people who speak another languge other than english and yet sign up for this site are aware that somethings will be lost in translation. This was not a case of something lost in translation. What you did with other's following your lead is change the game on the fly as it suits you and that definitely in not fair.

We will forever agree to disagree on this matter. I think that we can agree that we have a love of U2. And then the gloves are off on this I spy game. And you're suggestion that I go somewhere else - bugger that.

Now let's the two of us refocus on this bloody I spy and put up some decent guesses.

my guess: tuxedo

Last edited:
Well I looked and I looked and I couldn't find the right pic so this is going to be an easy one.

I spy with my little eye something beginning with C

hist_mixII120.jpg

I'd just like to remind people that this is just a GAME, it's meant to be FUN! I think it would be nice if everybody could just continue playing and leave out the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom