"Hang out" with U2 in Los Angeles 3/9/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and here are the random pictures my friend took before the cops squished us into the sidewalk
488623225_TXbme-L.jpg

Hey, there's Chris with my purse! I have to say, it takes a lot of courage and love to stand out in the street holding your mother's purse for her! I love my children!!

I've had some busy days at work, ugh...so I've only had a chance to skim this thread since the event (and lurk a little bit in the Boston thread), but I just wanted to say how great it was to meet many of you and see some of you again! Love all the photos and videos....and hopefully we'll run into eachother again. :)

I posted this earlier, but who knows where :crack:

It's in Real Audio. If you don't have it, you can download it.

This is raw audio, commercials and everything.

https://www.you send it.com/download/U0d6UWVzcklVbS92Wmc9PQ

Remove the spaces. Recorded & uploaded by ramblinrose (thanks!)

HEY YOU GUYS! MY NAME IS AMIE AND I WAS THERE MONDAY NIGHT, I WAS WEARING THE U2 PANTS, LOL! WAS THERE SINCE THE EARLY PART OF THE AFTERNOON WITH MY FRIEND WHO WAS PLAYING GUITAR!!!!
GLAD TO SEE YOU ALL, PLEASE LET'S SHARE SOME PICS!

XOXO
AMIE:wave:

BAHAHA! great user name Amie! I'm Jessica AKA the only one that wanted to eat the chips you bought. I was with my cousin who was wearing a gray sweater. I was wearing a red one. Welcome to Interference! I'll post lots of pics and videos tonight

Jessica, your picture came out great! Larry really shocked the hell out of me on Monday...so pleased to see him spending so much time with all of us and letting me get my first picture with a member of U2.

3345365145_2ef6930b4b.jpg

OH mine too! it's my first pic with one of the boys! I was shocked, too! He was awesome. I have this video that i'll post later and you can hear me and my cousin saying things like, "dude, this is the first time I have seen Larry in person (besides while playing). I can't believe it!"

Your picture is also totally awesome!

Jessica, your picture came out great! Larry really shocked the hell out of me on Monday...so pleased to see him spending so much time with all of us and letting me get my first picture with a member of U2.

OH mine too! it's my first pic with one of the boys! I was shocked, too! He was awesome. I have this video that i'll post later and you can hear me and my cousin saying things like, "dude, this is the first time I have seen Larry in person (besides while playing). I can't believe it!"

Your picture is also totally awesome!

I'm in the "larry is my first" club too!!:sexywink::applaud: You all look great!!

I'm in the "larry is my first" club too!!:sexywink::applaud: You all look great!!

Hey Outsider, you were right near me and my cousin Steve! do you have your pics up on flickr or something like that?

I'm working on posting my vids to youtube right now. I'm sure you are in there somewhere. It was good to meet you and your friend who went to the same high school as me and my cousin :)

Hey Outsider, you were right near me and my cousin Steve! do you have your pics up on flickr or something like that?

I'm working on posting my vids to youtube right now. I'm sure you are in there somewhere. It was good to meet you and your friend who went to the same high school as me and my cousin :)

Oh yes!! I'd love to see your videos!!

:waves to buds::::

Really? they do in my computer....
Again... great seeing you Carlos sweetie... nice meeting you CHELSEA. LILA... umm and anyone else I met but can't remember names cause I'm an idiot.. GLAD you guys had a great time at Capitol!! :) very happy for you all!!!:hug::heart::applaud:

(((((CHELSEA)))))))) what a great pic hun.. so glad I met you sweetie!!:hug:

Hi Bret!

Halup's observations are dead on...even down to the lp years as those are the cheap ones at used record stores haha..

Monday was quite a day- I flew to/ from the event (last minute decision to go for it) hoping for the best and it worked out from the start. Billie Joe Armstrong and Eric Kretz (Stone Temple Pilots) were both on my flight strangely enough. I took a picture with both and had BJ sign my U218 cd which has his pic in it. I asked him if he was going to the U2 event and he did not know about it- he said - "those f****** I did't know" or something like that haha...he was very nice and it was completely random seeing him/ them...

Thanks to those posting the intel/ info.- i.e. Chels82 etc.- great info/ help/ updates which were great...

I missed the Edge at the hotel but made up for it later...the crowd at Capitol was huge- and the mood wasn't lightened by Adam-12's presence barking at the crowd (mostly 2 of them- the others were very nice)... Congrats to those who got into the show- sounds awesome seeing them up close- thanks for the review(s)... I missed getting a pic with Larry as I was in a complete panic to catch my return flight so after Adam, Edge, and Bono signed at the Avalon after their after-party I fled like a madman.

Adam kept my blue sharpie at the hotel prior to Capitol- a minor casualty. At the Avalon Bono came over to us and said he had "work" to do but would come out after.

It was nice seeing friends from prior events. Some of the folks are pretty funny (especially after delirium sets in from the long wait and weather/ day to night changes). The fan imitating the female autograph dealer was very entertaining.

Here are some pics-

019.jpg
my horizon flying in from the SF Bay Area

035.jpg
Adam coming out to greet fans...

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg
local LA dealer holding a disguised pickguard

039.jpg
paparazzi chasing Ashley Olsen

045.jpg
Mr. Hewson

046.jpg

057.jpg

064.jpg
Larry post Capitol

070.jpg
here is what I got signed

congrats to those who got their hugs, pics, etc. with their heroes! I missed a shot with Larry in an airport panic only to find out my return flight was delayed.. C'est la vie!....

CHECK your PM BOX hun!

Speaking of U2 and Los Angeles ...

It was 28 years ago today ...

I saw U2 on their 2nd (and first nationwide) US tour in March of 1981.

They had played Wolf & Rissmiller's Country Club in Reseda the night before, but I was living down in Newport Beach and didn't have a car, so I couldn't go.

The next night was in Anaheim which was a lot closer, so I was able to convince my roommate to drive his car. It was at a place called the "Woodstock Concert Theatre", of which I can remember little other than it being basically a dive bar/pool hall/Metal venue - complete with sawdust on the floor!

The gig was not very well-attended. Some lame inappropriate band named "Second Wind" opened. Guesses ranged from "a dozen" to "100 or so" - I'd guess somewhere in between, but to be honest I don't really remember the gig all that well so I don't remember how many people were there. Let's just say it didn't hold many people and there was a lot of empty room.

2 months later, KROQ had gotten a hold of "I Will Follow", U2 had extended the tour as a result and the band had come back to headline the 3,000+ capacity Santa Monica Civic (which I also attended). The rest is history. I'm glad I got to see them in the beginning.

3360594965_6f165cb82a_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom