Grab the paper towels, new Apple iPhone and Apple TV announcements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:
I say this thing will bomb .....but thats just me...:shrug:

apple has had a lot of bombs over the years

just because something can be done
does not mean it should be done

i know there was a time that we used to have radio alarm clocks on our night stands

and a telephone

now of course you can't find them separate
we all have these

39af_1.JPG

I was online with MacWorld and watched Job's presentation.

This is the technology story of the year. While the world was focused on what was going on in Las Vegas and CES, Steve Jobs comes out and just blows every other technology company out of the water. He creates the ultimate buzz. It's classic Sun Tzu.

Once again, Apple assumes leadership. They are innovative and not content to rest on their laurels. They are playing for tomorrow and are aggreessively going to go after the headset marketplace which is a large multiple of what iPod sales are currently...and even a small fraction of that marketplace will mean billions and billions of additional dollars to Apple's annual revenue.

This new phone will also act like a Blackberry (oh, and take a look at what happened to RIMM and PALM shares today). And Apple has partnered with both Google Maps and Yahoo email. Who else could bring these two together? It is brilliant strategy to give people MORE than what they want AND to partner while doing it.

And if you don't want the iPhone...just wait a couple of months. I bet you'll want the horizontal video iPod which will follow shortly. Give it a couple of years and these things will have the capacity to hold as much as your Tivo. No...they will probably replace your Tivo, carry 500 television/radio stations and shoot full motion video.

Oh and they also announced iTV for your home.

And they announced a deal with Paramount which will bring their tv shows and films to iTunes.

And they were playing Lovely Rita, Meter Maid during Job's presentation which I believe means they are getting ready to announce that Beatles tunes will soon be available at the iTunes Store.

Love it. LOVE IT.

iPod is a media device

for listening to music, and perhaps some small videos

a phone is a communication device, for calling, texting, emailing, and perhaps some web surfing, and perhaps sending pictures

one is entertainment

and the other is communication

deep said:

I talk on my cell

with the music on in the background

try that with an iPhone
We don't even know what the iPhone can do yet. People would take your posts more seriously if you would tone down the Zune fanboy shit for a bit.

I don't hate products made by competing companies simply because of their brand name, I don't hate Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Motorola, or anyone for that matter. I'll buy what I think fits my price range and needs but honestly man you have to come up with something more in your posts than 'Apple is stupid'.

Quit the fucking broken record shit and make a legitimate point. Convergence is a natural market trend - just look at the personal computer you're posting on, Jesus.

a phone is a communications device

a dot matrix display is a....display device

I mean
one is for communication
and one is for displaying information

why would I ever want a phone with a display????
tardnf7.gif

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
We don't even know what the iPhone can do yet. People would take your posts more seriously if you would tone down the Zune fanboy shit for a bit.

I don't hate products made by competing companies simply because of their brand name, I don't hate Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Motorola, or anyone for that matter. I'll buy what I think fits my price range and needs but honestly man you have to come up with something more in your posts than 'Apple is stupid'.

Quit the fucking broken record shit and make a legitimate point. Convergence is a natural market trend - just look at the personal computer you're posting on, Jesus.

I think iPods are great
I have bought two
(except when I keep reading in here how they freeze up)

I have not said anything about any other media player in this thread

I expect iPods to continue to be the dominate device in media players

I don't think the cell phones that play mp3s
make much sense either

the next computer i buy will probably be an apple notebook

so i don't know why you think I am anti- apple

convergence on some things makes sense

perhaps you would like a lighter in your iPod

looking up a phone number on a pda in one hand and dialing the number on a cell in the other was cumbersome

time will tell if the iPhone is a success

That scrolling through contacts with the finger in the Jobs address looked really annoying. It looked like there's no way to press the first letter of the contact(like on a regular cell phone) or artist to jump to it.

deep said:
I think iPods are great
I have bought two
(except when I keep reading in here how they freeze up)
they don't freeze nearly as much as some report they do. i'm not referring to anyone in interference, just speaking generally here.

i can't even reply to the rest of your post. breaking up sentences into multiple paragraphs hurts my brain, sorry. maybe it's just me :shrug:

Suddenly we have more regulars in this forum.

Love the product, just wish it could have been Sprint instead of Cingular.:|

Apple TV?.....I'll be one of the first to buy it.

i am a greasy person by nature. i don't think this product was tested on redhotswamis :(

but then again, i do remember when palm pilots were the shit. they sold those little screen covers, and you could still poke it with the wand. maybe they will sell grease absorbing covers for nasty people like me.

love the product but it doesn't offer enough for me to jump from verizon to cingular.

i don't really need a PDA... it would be nice, but it's not neccesary for me. the integration of the iPod and a cell phone is what really interested me, but at just 8 gig, it's not enough to spend another 500 bucks on it.

i hate having a giant bulge in my pants (feel free to take that comment and run with it as far as you'd like to :wink: ) because of the cumbersome nature of having the cell and the iPod in my pocket. if i could combine the two, it would be great. if it has 20 gig for music, i'd buy it in a heartbeat. 8 gig for 500 bucks? i'll wait.

ntalwar said:
Interestingly the iPhone with all its advancements, is not a 3G-capable phone.
QFT very good point that slipped by me. Though, with the amount of revisions Apple products undergo, I'm sure by the time the price point is down to midrange-ish $299 it'll be 3G capable.

This thing kind of strikes me as the Playstation 3 of cell phones. Right now it may have amazing potential and not a lot of takers, but when it gets revised and we get a look at the real meat of the product it'll be pure sex.

I wonder will the HorizontiPod have a removable / replaceable battery?

That would definitely increase Apple's biggest oversight of the iPods and be cool as hell.

I used to have a 3G 10 gig iPod and the battery died in a year and half, now I've had the 5G 30 gig video for about a year and the battery is waning just a bit.

I also think that iPods will all have flash drives in a year or two to completely replace the hard drive stuff. It all depends on how much the flash drive can store compared to the hard drive.

just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom