Freestylin' Friday: Quieter moments - The Edge w/Acoustic gtr.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Edge-0 you r awesome.

Nah, I'm just "Awesome-in-training".

Where did these pics (BELOW) come from, Ms. Bonocomet? I'd not seen them before. When and where were they taken?

Interesting to see him playing a Guild acoustic. I'd not seen him with a Guild before.

I've already contacted Guild to ascertain the exact model... me thinks it might be a Ritchie Havens model... I await their response.

Bono_and_The_bd40.jpg

Bono_and_The_b9a0.jpg

Bono_and_The_ffaa.jpg

Bono_and_The_d6c6.jpg

Nah, I'm just "Awesome-in-training".

Where did these pics (BELOW) come from, Ms. Bonocomet? I'd not seen them before. When and where were they taken?

Interesting to see him playing a Guild acoustic. I'd not seen him with a Guild before.

I've already contacted Guild to ascertain the exact model... me thinks it might be a Ritchie Havens model... I await their response.

:faint: I have stumped the great and powerful Edge-0?! :ohmy:

:giggle:

hang on... lemme go see if I can get the info. I want to say these were before a radio interview for NLOTH...

Darnnit. Looks like these originals were in my files that were lost in my big computer crash back in Jan/Feb. :(
Unless someone else remembers offhand it will take me a bit longer to research it, but I'm pretty sure they are walking to one of the radio interviews they did to promo NLOTH. There are more photos but they only feature Bono without Edge... so i was good and didn't post them here. :D

:faint: I have stumped the great and powerful Edge-0?! :ohmy:

:giggle:

hang on... lemme go see if I can get the info. I want to say these were before a radio interview for NLOTH...

Stumped? Perhaps. But that is a good thing!

I love seeing new pics and even more so of Edge (Adam, Bono, Larry) with gear I've not seen before. Makes me learn more. That is half the fun. I don't have a Blackberry or Nintendo Wii, so identifying guitars and such is my fun past-time.

I know, I gotta get out more, right? :lol:

My thought now is... is that Edge's guitar, or a loaner so that they could play something on a radio show. Is it one he doesn't have for stage use but maybe for just keeping with him for songwriting purposes (like the black Washburn seemed to have been for him, during the JT tour) or... Had our boy been out guitar shopping earlier that day and that was his new-found toy?

:applaud::wave::lol::D:up:

Darnnit. Looks like these originals were in my files that were lost in my big computer crash back in Jan/Feb. :(
Unless someone else remembers offhand it will take me a bit longer to research it, but I'm pretty sure they are walking to one of the radio interviews they did to promo NLOTH. There are more photos but they only feature Bono without Edge... so i was good and didn't post them here. :D

Judging by The Edge's shirt, had to be NLOTH era stuff. Might you remember if that was in the US or UK?

Might it have been the day of that promo show in Sommerville? Or did they play at the Capital Records building? :hmm:

Oh it's definitely NLOTH. It's not Capitol. My first thought was something in the UK but that could be wrong. I even remember the day these were posted because I thought they were funny with Bono and Paul McG walking together chatting and Edge walking and in deep concentration with the guitar!
:hmm: could be like ya said... playing with his new toy.

I'm still looking!

In the interest that these might help possibly, here are the other photos. :shifty:

Bono_and_The_baa6.jpg

Bono_and_The_ad6c.jpg

Bono_and_The_ee84.jpg

Bono_and_The_a93a.jpg

Maybe one of these?

February 23, 2009: Paris, France at Canal + TV Studios
February 26, 2009: London, England at BBC Television
February 27, 2009: London, England at BBC Radio Theatre

Oh it's definitely NLOTH. It's not Capitol. My first thought was something in the UK but that could be wrong. I even remember the day these were posted because I thought they were funny with Bono and Paul McG walking together chatting and Edge walking and in deep concentration with the guitar!
:hmm: could be like ya said... playing with his new toy.

I'm still looking!

In the interest that these might help possibly, here are the other photos. :shifty:

Bono_and_The_baa6.jpg

Bono_and_The_ad6c.jpg

Bono_and_The_ee84.jpg

Bono_and_The_a93a.jpg

:cute:

Hey maybe you can tell where they are by studying the buildings in the reflection in Bono's glasses!? :nerd: :lol:

:hmm: thanks for those dates, I'll check them out.

:hmm: Ok upon pondering this some more i think those Feb dates are too early. I believe these were during the tour. I had backed up my computer before the tour, and these photos are not in my pre tour folders... so I'm thinking it was during the tour... I lost everything from when the tour started and forward... they were probably in one of my now lost folders that were organized by city and date on the tour. :)scream: so much for being painstakingly organized for ONCE... failing to back up before losing it all)

Clips from the Elvis Costello Spectacle show.

Elvis and the Imposters playing "Mysterious Ways". Edge is HILARIOUS when he comes out, doing his very UN-funky dance.
YouTube - "Mysterious Ways" - Elvis Costello & The Imposters

Stuck In A Moment. Edge is playing acoustic, but not the black Guild.
YouTube - "Stuck in a Moment..." - Elvis Costello, Bono, The Edge

Stay (Faraway, So Close!). Edge is playing acoustic, but not the black Guild.
YouTube - "Stay (Faraway, So Close)" - Bono, The Edge on Elvis Costello's Spectacle

Pump It Up/Get On Your Boots.
YouTube - Pump It Up + Get On Your Boots: Elvis Costello, Bono, The Edge

Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad. No Edge on this.
YouTube - "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad" - Bono on Elvis Costello's Spectacle

I got it!! :yippie:

they are from MTV studios at the Masonic Temple. Toronto, Canada - 15.09.09
(was this when Spectacle was recorded? I don't know when that was)
the Toronto Film festival. here is where I first posted them:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...ronto-film-festival-201325-4.html#post6390009

Yep, that is it. It aired on Sundance Channel in December but taped in September 2009 - BUT the Guild was not played at that show.

A) So maybe he'd visited guitar shops that day and that was his new toy.
B) It's the one he keeps around for songwriting and such, that travels with him.
C) ... I no know?
D) =O)

Excellent.

I love working out U2 photo mysteries like that way too much :reject:

That is why we are meant to be buddys. :D Cuz we'z both crazy like that.

So if the photos are from THAT... and your photo post from back then seems 100% accurate... The guitar was there and Edge was playing Pied Piper with it... but it was not used for the show. Where's Dallas' phone number... he didn't clear buying a new guitar with ME first!!! Nor did I get a memo stating there was a new one!

Hahahahahah... :D :D :D

Yes, I remember hearing about the taping the day after and kicking myself for not going down there that day :doh:

Yes, I remember hearing about the taping the day after and kicking myself for not going down there that day :doh:

Same thing happened to me.

I had that happen when U2 were at Capital Records.

My girlfriend (at the time) knew about them being at Capital. She went to Capital without me. She didn't tell me that she was going or that she knew U2 would be there. And didn't even tell me she went. I found out later when I saw her in other pics of that event.

Not cool.

And THAT would be one of many reasons that while she was my girlfriend at the time... Now? Not so much.

Same thing happened to me.

I had that happen when U2 were at Capital Records.

My girlfriend (at the time) knew about them being at Capital. She went to Capital without me. She didn't tell me that she was going or that she knew U2 would be there. And didn't even tell me she went. I found out later when I saw her in other pics of that event.

Not cool.

And THAT would be one of many reasons that while she was my girlfriend at the time... Now? Not so much.

:ohmy:

Edge-0 :hi5:

Laracious I've had a few of those :doh: days too :(

It wasn't fun to find out that they were spending time in Toronto doing stuff like that and the Toronto Film Festival before their two shows, and I decided not to miss school to go and stalk them lol :doh:

It wasn't fun to find out that they were spending time in Toronto doing stuff like that and the Toronto Film Festival before their two shows, and I decided not to miss school to go and stalk them lol :doh:

Sorry you missed them. Hopefully next time... you will have time off from school and have the heads up as to where they will be so that you can see them.

More pics? Okie dokie... "Stuck In A Moment..." from the Dallas show.

Sorry you missed them. Hopefully next time... you will have time off from school and have the heads up as to where they will be so that you can see them.

Oh I will be in full stalker mode then lol. Unless it's the day of the show, cause I have GA's and will probably be in line at like 6am or earlier

Back
Top Bottom