For Cat Lovers Only III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want a cat. :( Even if we could negotiate with our letting agency/landlord to have one, I couldn't adopt one from the RSPCA because they require anyone adopting cats to have a private garden, and if I had a cat, there's no way I'd keep it outside. :mad: Keeping cats indoors doesn't seem to be popular here at all, and I have to bite my tongue at work when people talk about their cats wandering around, going into other people's houses, and being left outside while the owners go on holiday(!!).

The SPCA in the US says the complete opposite of the RSPCA and recommends that anyone adopting a cat keep it indoors only. I've had both indoors/outdoors and indoors only cats, and my indoors only cats have lived longer and had much fewer health problems, but people here look at me like I've lost my mind when I say that if I had a cat I wouldn't let it wander around outside all day.

^^I vaguely remember someone talking about that in vet school, I think they also said that in other parts of the world they consider spaying/neutering cruel so they don't allow it. I think it is Australia where it is illegal to declaw cats :scratch:

BTW - bg - kitties - :love:

Last edited:
meegannie said:
I really want a cat. :( Even if we could negotiate with our letting agency/landlord to have one, I couldn't adopt one from the RSPCA because they require anyone adopting cats to have a private garden, and if I had a cat, there's no way I'd keep it outside. :mad: Keeping cats indoors doesn't seem to be popular here at all, and I have to bite my tongue at work when people talk about their cats wandering around, going into other people's houses, and being left outside while the owners go on holiday(!!).

I've heard this before too, that everyone in Europe lets their cats outside. I've never figured out why they think it's cruel or unhealthy to keep a DOMESTIC breed of animal indoors. :lol: Indoors or outdoors, cats will scratch where they're trained to scratch and at least mine can't tell the difference between toy mice and real mice, so what does it matter if they're inside as long as they have a scratching post and some toys?

My Poshie, she is actually terrified of going outside. When I'm outside, she cries and cries (b/c she's become my shadow) so I open the door and she'll either run away, or step out. If she comes out and I shut the door, she immediately lays on the ground and howls. I'll never have to worry about her getting away. Max and Beckham both escaped last week (by tearing out the screen, AGAIN) and Posh was the one that told Melissa they got out. She was howling at the window where the boys went out, but too chicken to go out herself. I was out for dinner with friends and had to turn around and go back home to round up those naughty boys. Max was under a bush pestering a duck that's nesting and Beckham got trapped in our neighbors fenced in yard. He freaked out when he saw me, ran back through the hole in the fence, and back to the hole in my window screen where Melissa quick let him back in the house. Max was covered in mud and had to have a bath (his third bath in the past month from getting muddy). Good thing he doesn't care about anything and just stands there in the tub.

This weekend I re-splined the screen AGAIN for the 100th time, and also super-glued the spline in place so they can't tear it out anymore.

bonosloveslave said:
Kelly -

mL and cc are the same thing :yes:

Have you tried giving the Clavamox at a time when you know she has food in her stomach? That sometimes helps.

The other antibiotic they are talking about is probably Baytril - at high doses it can cause problems with their eyes, we use it fairly frequently and have never had a problem with any cat's eyes (but we use the low end of the dose range). That antibiotic is one that can sometimes cause stomach upset as well.

Yesterday, she ate immediately after I gave her the Clavamox (around 3 p.m.). She got sick about 9:00 p.m.

She wasn't hungry at all last night after she got sick and acted like she didn't feel well (lying around a lot and doing that low growling).

It didn't look like she had gotten sick when I went home for lunch today, but I'm not sure if she had eaten anything yet. She wouldn't eat her dry food, but she ate a little of the canned food and seemed a little more "alert."

Thanks for the help:hug:.

Last edited:
meegannie said:

That is strange :huh:. I wonder if they still use cats as pest control in England?

Worf with her favorite toy :wink:

ca2d4de7.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:
Chloe has started to do the funniest thing. She likes playing with a frog toy that I have. She will use her mouth and flip it in the air and catch it and do it again. :cute:

That's how Posh plays with her mice. She'll do it for hours and when she gets tired, she brings me mice and whines until I throw them.

kellyahern said:

That is strange :huh:. I wonder if they still use cats as pest control in England?

My old cat Tigger was got to help with a bad mouse problem we had...she was a brilliant mouser...traps and poisons didn't seem to do the job, but when we got her, we never ever had trouble with mice again.

She also loved to go outside, she would go to the door when she wanted out and she would be at the door whenever she wanted in.....really whether you keep them inside or outside depends on the cat I think...some have a more wild strike than others do...Tigger would get very bored when she was kept in for ages, she loved climbing trees and rolling about in the grass, haha she used to wait outside on my dad bringing the groceries home, just at the corner of the wall.

Sam another cat we had was just a dopey cat who preferred hanging around inside, than out, though he did like the occasional stroll outside, he would usually come back black though...he had a habit of finding his way into next doors coal bunker and getting covered in soot.

I found a bunch of Poshie's kitten pics, so I made a little segment....

A Day In The Life Of A Poshie

First, we fold the laundry...
18.jpg

Sometimes we carve a pumpkin...
32.jpg

We always put the groceries away before Max gets them, paper....
68.jpg

...and plastic...
44.jpg

By now, it's time for a nap...
46.jpg

Curiosity killed the cat...
65.jpg

When mom is not looking, I sneak a bite of the houseplant...
IMG_0202.jpg

To be Continued...

A Day In The Life Of A Poshie, continued...

No day goes without a face scratch...
IMG_1077.jpg

I chill in Taylor's window...
Picture%20012.jpg

And bother people while they're working...
Picture%20024.jpg

Read plenty of trashy magazines...
Picture%20044.jpg

And climb all of the furniture...
Picture%20056.jpg

And dig all of the furniture...
Picture%20060.jpg

And scratch and chew all of the furniture...
Picture%20063.jpg

(The couch now)
Picture%20032.jpg

To be Continued...

The Day In The Life Of A Poshie, Part III

There's torturing the fish...
Picture%20021.jpg

Smelling the flowers...
Poshtulip.jpg

Being annoying...
posh.jpg

And just being cute.
poshkide.jpg

The End

She had a bad day today! First, she fell asleep wrapped inside some fabric Taylor bought for her art project, so when Taylor yoinked the fabric, Posh came flying out. Then, Posh went to sleep on her chair, but Taylor didn't see her there and sat right on her, almost squished her poor brains out! Then we teased Posh by touching the tip of her tail. Once, Melissa thought it would be funny to put a clothespin on Posh's tail, so now anytime you touch the tip of her tail, she runs and hides. :giggle:

Yesterday I was folding some clothes and Luna was in the room just looking around. I threw some pants onto a plastic bag which scared her and she jumped 2 feet straight up in the air just like in the old bugs bunny cartoons! :lol: From what I've been told she's always been a bit skitish.

Harold is adorable! :cute: What a great name for a cat. :yes:

indra said:
Harold is adorable! :cute: What a great name for a cat. :yes:

thank you! i love him so...
he is a norwegian forest cat i got at PAWS when he was about 6 weeks old... he is 12 now...

i had a maude, she was a ragdoll cali, but she is now playing with that great ball of yarn in the sky...

dont tell anyone, but i have two wonderful dogs too :D

Molly Bloom said:

thank you! i love him so...
he is a norwegian forest cat i got at PAWS when he was about 6 weeks old... he is 12 now...

i had a maude, she was a ragdoll cali, but she is now playing with that great ball of yarn in the sky...

dont tell anyone, but i have two wonderful dogs too :D

He looks as if he knows he's special. :yes: A very regal look to him. Beautiful.

I have a Maine Coon cat named Isidore, which means gift of the goddess Isis, and does he ever know it! Your photos of Harold remind me of my Isi.

(and I have two wonderful doggies myself. :wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom