Favourite Album Contest Final Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacPhistoPT

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Achtung Baby 742
Joshua Tree 665
Pop 489
Atomic Bomb 472
Unforgettable Fire 440
Zooropa 388
War 377
Boy 370
All that you can't leave behind 342
Rattle&Hum 277
October 175

:wink:

Wow. Finally great work MacPhisto!

Props to you my friend.

I think it all came down pretty much as I expected except I woul've predicted Zooropa beating UF. But it looks like Axver and his undercover aliai have saved the day.

MacPhistoPT said:
Achtung Baby 742
Joshua Tree 665
Pop 489
Atomic Bomb 472
Unforgettable Fire 440
Zooropa 388
War 377
Boy 370
All that you can't leave behind 342
Rattle&Hum 277
October 175

:wink:

Good Job Man

Lancemc said:
ATYCLB is criminally underrated here on Interference.

By saying "here on Interference", are you saying that other fan sites give ATYCLB alot more respect? I know it has appeal to the general pop/rock audience, but I'm not sure if it's just the U2 fans at Interference that call it crap. Does anyone know? This is the only U2 site that I visit frequently.

ATYCLB is appreciated by many people who don't know U2 deeply, only heard some songs, etc. I know some guys like this. But for the majority of the true U2 fanatics, it's a too much safe and poppy album. Of course there are exceptions.

this IMO

'All That You Can't Leave Behind' and 'October' are so underrated/rubbished that it makes me feel nothing but despair given the fact that I have heard practically every U2 track and still hold ATYCLB high in my top 3, and it makes me wonder just who has actually HEARD October...:|

Also, very interesting to see Pop at number 3. Nice one. Not my favourite, but still an awesome record! Good to see Atomic Bomb slowly decline as people get over it and realise they got lost in a fog of hype and a four year wait, etc....I look forward to watching it reach ATYCLB's current position if justice shows itself anytime soon...!

Lancemc said:
ATYCLB is criminally underrated here on Interference.

It is amazing underrated, it is my 4th favourite album, it has amazing songs, it is better then the new one, wait this isn't experimentle, U2s first pop/rock album, so it is a experiment and it worked, it has amazing tracks, and makes me feel better about my slef, it was my first album, and if my first one was HTDAAB I would have never got into U2, I loved this album for my first listen.

We've had several of these over the last 5 years here on Interference.

What you are all but guaranteed to see:

Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree will always be 1-2.
October will always be last.

POP and ATYCLB will be overrated or underrated depending on which side of the fence you are on.

The top four are my top four, except flipped around. :up: Pop at #3? Can we mail these results to U2 to prove PEOPLE REALLY LIKE POP?! Maybe then they'd quit all this nonsense about re-recording and just play some Pop songs on the tour!

I agree that ATYCLB is underrated, I think I had it ahead of October, Rattle & Hum, and The Unforgettable Fire...maybe even ahead of Boy... the change from Pop to ATYCLB was almost as drastic as the change from JT/RH to AB. I guess some people just didn't dig that change :shrug:

Great job, MacphistoPT! :up: We should really send these results as well as the original thread in some kind of document form to Bono and knock some sense into his head as to what albums the fans appreciate!

... and what album they've got to stop apologizing for! :wink:

I :heart: October, though if pressed, I'd choose Achtung Baby if I could only listen to one U2 album for the rest of my life.

Still, it seems like everyone needs to take another listen to October.

It's so sad that an album has to be last :sad:

I think that ATYCLB became so much more underrated after HTDAAB came out just because HTDAAB is better. If the next album tops this one, then will the Bomb drop?

Please someone send the results to Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry :yes: :heart: They should know POP is the fans third masterpiece !!!!! :shocked: :up: :D :love: :laugh: :bow: :bump: :applaud:

I don't see how HTDAAB was higher than UF... how exactly does one top Pride and Bad and Wire and A Sort Of Homecoming with that is on their latest?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom