Every Breaking Wave Will Be U2's Biggest Global Smash Hit Since Magnificent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard 'Invisible' in the supermarket this morning.

I don't know which thread im supposed to post that info-dingleberry in, so ill just leave it here.

somebody in Manhattan REALLY likes EBW... heard it three times in an hour at a bar thanks to a jukebox. and no, it wasn't me.

Does anyone know if EBW already has been released as an official single?

Cause it's remarkable that my favourite Dutch radiostation, until recently made every U2 single 'megahit' (which means it gets played ~10 times a day, a full week). This didn't happen with EBW yet, and so far I only heard it once on the radio...

That's not a good sign...

Don't even worry about it. U2 has had the worst single marketing strategy going back to Pop. Tho ATYCLB was decent thanks to BD.

With Bono getting injured it's like they've just closed down shop. I am surprised the tour is even happening.

They talk and talk about being on radio, yet....I don't even know. Honestly I'm not even sure they care

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Does anyone know if EBW already has been released as an official single?

Cause it's remarkable that my favourite Dutch radiostation, until recently made every U2 single 'megahit' (which means it gets played ~10 times a day, a full week). This didn't happen with EBW yet, and so far I only heard it once on the radio...

That's not a good sign...

It's definitely been released to radio, yes. The album version back in early December and this new acoustic version in late January.

There has not been a digital or physical commercial release, though.

Don't even worry about it. U2 has had the worst single marketing strategy going back to Pop. Tho ATYCLB was decent thanks to BD.

With Bono getting injured it's like they've just closed down shop. I am surprised the tour is even happening.

They talk and talk about being on radio, yet....I don't even know. Honestly I'm not even sure they care

I think they truly thought Invisible was going to be their "biggest global smash hit" since BD/Vertigo. They thought they had an absolute monster on their hands. Catchy tune, lush video, huge SB platform for its debut...how could it fail? They probably thought it would get heavy rotation on the radio for months and months. And then it fizzled out after about two weeks. Utter deflation. I don't think they really believe they have a big single left in them anymore.

I think they truly thought Invisible was going to be their "biggest global smash hit" since BD/Vertigo. They thought they had an absolute monster on their hands. Catchy tune, lush video, huge SB platform for its debut...how could it fail? They probably thought it would get heavy rotation on the radio for months and months. And then it fizzled out after about two weeks. Utter deflation. I don't think they really believe they have a big single left in them anymore.

Isn't part of the reason it "failed" because they failed to release an album after it? I mean, that really shouldn't be the reason, but it would have kept people's interest. The song was a success as far as downloads go, i think anyways.

I can't wrap my head around the idea that Invisible wouldn't be the first single off of the new album, but 'the miracle' somehow was.

They really screwed this album release up. There was generally a good buzz surrounding them with 'OL' and the Oscars, Invisible would have been a nice lead single for SOI.

Maybe radio would have promoted it if they knew a new album was coming out in 4 weeks?

John Oliver made a funny U2 zinger on this week's show. That should boost their sales or something, right?

Re 'Big Tobacco'

"So it's an aging product that's decreasing in popularity, and yet somehow, it just can't stop making money. It's basically the agricultural equivalent of U2."

OH SNAP.

(There were some grumpy pusses over on @U2 forums about it, but honestly? It's not wrong. It's not even mean. It's accurate. They're aging, they're decreasing in popularity, and making a shit ton of money.)

I love John Oliver, and I can't believe anyone would actually get angry over that. It's not like he said their music was bad or said something like "OMG!!!11 De U2 violated my human writes!!!1111"

Let's be honest none of us know what the fuck is going on, as someone said its like the band and management have just shut up shop until the tour rolls around

John Oliver made a funny U2 zinger on this week's show. That should boost their sales or something, right?

Re 'Big Tobacco'

"So it's an aging product that's decreasing in popularity, and yet somehow, it just can't stop making money. It's basically the agricultural equivalent of U2."

OH SNAP.

(There were some grumpy pusses over on @U2 forums about it, but honestly? It's not wrong. It's not even mean. It's accurate. They're aging, they're decreasing in popularity, and making a shit ton of money.)

:lol: Right on the head!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom