Egads! Bono Impersonators Galore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Justin24 - those were just funny! :lmao:

There's only ONE Bono and he can't be duplicated for me.
:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Impressive. There was a Bono impersonator in line in Denver a few years ago. Fooled a lot of very devoted fans. I just think it's cruel. I hope these guys are up front about it.

Anyway, this is what Bono gets for the ubiquitous hat and sunglasses. Just make him easier to mimic. Been telling him for years... Does he listen? No.

LPU2 said:
There was a Bono impersonator in line in Denver a few years ago. Fooled a lot of very devoted fans.

There was a Bono impersonator in line? Some fans actually thought for one moment that Bono would stand in line at his own concert?!

Too much gin passed in line in Denver, I think!

:lmao:

GracelandHarley said:

There was a Bono impersonator in line? Some fans actually thought for one moment that Bono would stand in line at his own concert?!

Too much gin passed in line in Denver, I think!

:lmao:

It's official, U2 fans are idiots! :happy:

that Pavel guy looks so much like my cousin....That is not ood cause my cousin looks NOTHING like Bono:crack:

That Matt Easter looks NOTHING like Bono...:|

I guess just as long as they are having fun in their tribute bands and entertaining us that is cool...as long as they dont try to take advantage of the fans (asking for money donations signing Bonos name ect....) ;)

BonoFox1 said:
that Pavel guy looks so much like my cousin....That is not ood cause my cousin looks NOTHING like Bono:crack:

That Matt Easter looks NOTHING like Bono...:|

I guess just as long as they are having fun in their tribute bands and entertaining us that is cool...as long as they dont try to take advantage of the fans (asking for money donations signing Bonos name ect....) ;)

:eek: I would be so sick :rant:
right on BF,cousins tend to look odd cause i know :shh:
I`m not directing that at you:hug:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Egads! Bono Impersonators Galore!

Merc said:

...the only way this guy remotely resembles Bono is his very bad guitar playing! :lol:

:crazy:

:lmao: Same here!

Also, wtf in the 2nd vid... plenty of people thought he was really Bono.... err, this is auckladn.... haven't these people seen anything of Bono in the news or anything? I mean, he's had his short hair for like, half a year or so.... :scratch: and still they fall for that guy, who has long hair, the cowboy hat, A U2 TSHIRT(INSIDE his pants I might add) and who actually SHAVES!

and he doesn't sound like Bono at all to me :shrug: the accent is way too fake,, and One Tree Hill sounds bad too

Last edited:
With all due respect, The reason these guys feel they need to do things like this is they dont play in a tribute band. They just impersonate. I read a while back one of those guys signed an autograph as "Bono" to a poor girl. She was happy but still I think thats wrong and I theres a fine line there. I think tribute bands and there Bonos are great. Seeing a U2 tribute band and the time and energy they put into it is just awesome especially when U2 is not around and you want to have fun and share the love of the band...Its all good fun..I just have a problem with these people going to U2 shows with the intention of tricking people or signing an autograph as "Bono"..comon...

J

Re: Re: Re: Egads! Bono Impersonators Galore!

Galeongirl said:
(INSIDE his pants I might add)

Thats the most pleban comment! :giggle:

...but you're right gg! :wink:

Anyone know who the Bono Impersonator on the Today show was (Thursday's show at Universal Studios 1/18/07) ?Didnt catch his name or what he said but they showed him playing in a tribute band. Kinda looked like that Pavel guy..
I dont have a problem with Impersonators..I think they'd be hard pressed to actually fool die hard U2 fans.:scratch:

Last edited:
Thanks for that link..the only bit that I caught him saying was that he had never met Bono.

bayou12780 said:

ah I could not find it!

:lmao: THe real Bono would not work a crowd like that??? True, he'd be better than that!

:hmm: so the guy isn't totally yellow after all!

It amuses me they show him with LONG hair as Bono impersonator, and Bono clips of him with SHORT hair..
and his voice amuses me too... fake accent, and the singing is even worse!

and in the second part with dolly parton.... it becomes claer that this guy could NEVER be Bono.... he lacks self confidence BADLY! look at the way he stands! Bono would never stand like that, Bono poses manly, self confidentr and proud! not shy, bent over forward and fidgeting on his feet!
and what's with the rosary over the tshirt? (which is one of Bono's stage outfits btw, not a normal outfit)

:happy: I can't believe I actually watched this vid

Justin24 said:

3.gif

good grief!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom