Edge spends a lot of time on the internet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
before you go, riddler, could you just answer the introductory questions everyone gets asked when they first show up? here they are, in no particular order:

1. Name
2. Age
3. Where are you from?
4. Favorite U2 song?
4. Favorite U2 album?
5. Ever seen U2 in concert? How many times?

after answering these, you are free to go.

*(do stop by again- you've added a bit of mystery and intrigue to PLEBA...)

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
*wonders how long it will take he/she to make up believable answers for Ally's questions*

LOL! i was thinking the same thing...
wink.gif

well, i'm off to take my lunch break (*such* a busy morning of work! ha ha), so maybe mr. riddle man will have some puzzling answers up by the time i return...

What if he fills it in like a member of the band, would you believe him? What if he says, Edge, age 40, from Dublin?

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
What if he fills it in like a member of the band, would you believe him? What if he says, Edge, age 40, from Dublin?

Nope-I'm sure it's someone we all know from this place...

And if it was Edge I wouldn't be wasting time w/ these silly posts of mine...it'd be on to, um, other things

I've always been around I just forgot to land.........
1.Nelson Riddle
2.1921 - 1969
3.Everywhere but nowhere
4/5/6 Not really keen on U2 bit loud and that singer has got the gab on him hasn't he I prefer a nice armchair and a bit of ol'blue eyes and a fine Shiraz. Not quite ready for the slippers and pipe yet but give it time.

Gotta go but I will be back, keep alert, keep tuned in.......there's a Riddle everywhere.

Nelson x

Hope that helped, I didn't think I took too long to answer!

Can someone get me a glass of red for when I'm back in 5 hours or so cos I'll be very thirsty then its a desert out there.

thanks for answering the questions, nelson. you are now a free man.

one caveat: i do find it a bit strange that you seem to have an british air about yourself; kind of odd for a bloke from Oradell, New Jersey.... but i guess that's just part of the puzzle that is the Riddler.

ta ta, dahling. do drop in again soon...
wink.gif

*Bluey thinks there is something familliar about this Nelson fellow*....hmmm.
However, my brain is at the cleaners...
On that note...Nelson, you seem like a fairly intelligent fellow. Any thoughts on the signifigance of resistance against police authority in modern irish drama?
I'm writing a paper tonight and could use a few ideas.
wink.gif

*Blueeyes offers a glass of red wine in exchange for thoughts...good trade, no?*
-Blueeyes

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-11-2001).]

Could this be The Edge or Larry? *ponders* it would be funny if it were...although he did post that quote

to be is to do, do be do be do....somebody in this forum has that as their signature...I don't remember who but I thought that was intriguing

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Wow, a topic I started made it to two pages! Who would have thought...

I am intrigued by The Riddlers air of mystery. And I agree with U2Kitten...If he told us he was the Edge or Bono, would you believe him? How much more exciting is the suspense, the thrill that he *might* be?
smile.gif
Bravo, keep it up Riddler! If nothing else, he keeps us entertained!

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Blueeyes only just saw your post and thought I should answer it before I sleep.
Thing is re resistance whose resistance are you talking about?
And by police authority are you talking about Northern Ireland?Cos there isn't a big deal on resistance in Eire.
And by Modern Irish Drama do you mean delivered via film, plays, TV, literature or poetry?
You may find it useful to look at the work of the playwright Brian Friel he attended the same catholic college as John Hume and was moulded by the political tensions of Derry at the time. His plays are concerned with man in society,in conflict with community,government, church,family and essentially in conflict with himself.While some of his plays tend to be set in the past, it is a mythical rather than a realistic past and he uses that past to illuminate the present.He tends to explore the condidition of Ireland and the themes that re-emerge are those of emigration,loneliness, the breakdown of authority and the indidvidual dislocated from family or society.

Might be worth looking at the work of Frank McGuiness his play "Behold the sons of Ulster marching towrds the somme" explains the motives that led loyalist volunteers to go fight for England and "Carthaginians" deals with the Bloody Sunday massacre in Derry.
Modern stuff tends to graduate more towards film Neil Jordan, Jim Sheridan are among the biggies but I can't say that any of their work deals directly with a challenge to police authority.
So basically that was of absolutely no use whatsoever.
Oh well, time for bed.

Hmmm.. If The Riddler isn't Johnny Swallow I will be very surprised...

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 10-14-2001).]

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
How many of you were SCREAMING for Bono to mention PLEBA?!? Oh come on you know you were, I was practically perched on the computer ready to running around the house like a decapitated chicken if he did!

Way to Excited Fishy! <><

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I missed Bono saying that. damm!!!! Wow then he actually checks the u2 sites out. so cool!!!! HI BONO IF YOUR TUNING IN ON PLEABA!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

peace and happiness to all!
karla

Originally posted by Bonoforever:

Well it's not Bono!
juul.gif

Doesn't he drink wine?? Wouldn't rule him out...

So riddler, are we really making you feel uncomfortable here? Hope that Stoli helped! Maybe you'll tell us some more things fascinating and fun.

You twist?
Thats excellent news
come on baby let's do the twist, twist and shout twist and shout come on come on come on baby now, work it on out...ah ah ah ah

Back
Top Bottom