Desire (Hollywood Remix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Woo hoo... here's my first post ever within this part of Interference. Only took me, what, four years? :shifty:

So I'm listening to Desire (Hollywood Remix) right now and I just realised something. Of all the trivia that we all know... here is one I've never seen addressed/answered. The begining of this remix features clips seemingly recorded from the evening news. What station were these clips recorded from? Or better yet, who are the people heard talking? Two of the clips are as follows...

"Police dodge bricks and bottles. You can hear them crashing on the sidewalk. Officers beating and kicking a man on the street."

"Suspect reportedly pulled out a .25 caliber automatic handgun and shot the victim in the shoulder."

Cleasai said:
Woo hoo... here's my first post ever within this part of Interference. Only took me, what, four years? :shifty:

So I'm listening to Desire (Hollywood Remix) right now and I just realised something. Of all the trivia that we all know... here is one I've never seen addressed/answered. The begining of this remix features clips seemingly recorded from the evening news. What station were these clips recorded from? Or better yet, who are the people heard talking? Two of the clips are as follows...

While I don't know for sure where these news clips came from (likely a Hollywood or LA tv station), I will say that I really dislike this remix. It is an abomination and shook my U2 fandom to its very core when I first heard it back in 1988.

who knows what station they are from. i doubt the band or anyone else in charge from back then even remembers. but they sound like actual legit clips from random news reports.

they did use it (the specific two same quotes you posted) during the ZooTV concerts right with the intro to "Desire". not sure if they did that before ZooTV or not, but they seemed to do it suring every ZooTV show when they did that song.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom