Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, I actually thought Jenny Garth didnt performo very well, she was quite off the mark. Helio even I thought looked real stiff and I wasnt expecting it after the sun and the sannnd.

Off all I thought that spicemeal was the better of them, jane Seymour for the most part was a pose after pose, graceful pose mind you, but I must have missed something because didnt seem like much of a dance.

as to who goes, the rich guy must say doesnt have a lot of ability but he sure does try his best.

it was a lot of lackluster for me, so I think richguy, Jenny Garth or Marie O would be bottom 3 - but I think Marie wil get enough votes, so would have to say either 90210 woman or rich man is going...

but of course what the hell do I know, certainly would not have guessed sanjaya would have gotten as far as he did, so perhaps one of the better ones will be packing.....who the heck knowwwws

Daddysgonnapay said:
do you think Jennifer Lopez will officially announce her pregnancy on air tonight?!:wink:

No way. She's milking all this "is she or isn't she?" publicity. I kinda think she's gonna go the Christina Aguilera route and never announce anything. I actually like that approach better. I mean, it's totally obvious she's pregnant. An announcement isn't gonna change anything.

Yeah. And Jane shouldn't have even been in the bottom two. But ah, well, the right person went home this week, so in the end, all is well :up:.

As for Jennifer Lopez, I'm just curious why everyone feels the need to ask her whether or not she's pregnant anyway. If she is, congratulations, if she isn't, oh, well. I don't blame her for wanting to keep that part of her life private.

But 'tis the nature of the media, I guess.

Angela

It was surprising to see Donny talking on that gossip show, "The Insider' earlier tonight about Marie's collapse. :ohmy:

And her brother Jay was there at the show when Marie collapsed. After she got up, she hugged Jay and told him she was alright. :wink:

I'm glad she was safe and gets another chance to continue in this competition. :yippie:

While I LOVE Marie Osmond and have no doubt that she's an honest person.....I looked at the clip of her fall on youtube and, strangely enough, after she falls down she tucked in her leg....which is something you don't do when you faint because your body goes limp.

I would really HATE to think that it was staged......what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyBWNdg-zwY

AchtungBono said:
While I LOVE Marie Osmond and have no doubt that she's an honest person.....I looked at the clip of her fall on youtube and, strangely enough, after she falls down she tucked in her leg....which is something you don't do when you faint because your body goes limp.

I would really HATE to think that it was staged......what do you think?

Did you see Donny's appearance on 'The Insider' ??
Donny said she 'didn't breathe' during her dance. (He was quoted later on another segment saying "You've got to Breathe Marie ... Breathe")

http://www.theinsideronline.com/index3.html

IMO, it might have taken a couple of seconds, BEFORE Marie was completely unconscious while lying on the floor. That leg tuck might have been her body telling her to try and get back up after she fell, but instead she 'passed out' completely. :up:

Just heard earlier this evening on 'The Insider' ...

Donny Osmond is cancelling some of his European tour to fly back here and stay close to Marie while she continues the competition on 'Dancing With The Stars' ... he's making sure she doesn't have any more problems.

What a wonderful thing to do for his sister ... such moral support, he's really looking out for her well-being. :up:

I've missed the past couple weeks of the show but I heard all about Marie Osmond fainting. Wow! I need to see a clip but I think she will be alright, I enjoy her on the show. How cool her brother would totally support her the way Donny is doing! That is one very close and supportive Mormon family indeed!

:corn:

people.com

Dancing with the Stars pro Tony Dovolani is turning up the heat off the dance floor, criticizing recent calls from judge Carrie Ann Inaba and presenting her with a ballroom rule book after their televised “lift” disagreement.

Dovolani tells PEOPLE that Inaba is ill-equipped to call out the illegal lifts which the former Fly Girl-turned-judge has been frequently pointing out this season: “She does not understand what ballroom dancing is. She’s never done it herself.”

Inaba has chided dance teams—notably Jane Seymour and Dovolani’s waltz—for maneuvers which lift both feet in the air. Dovolani says the moves fall into a “grey area” which Inaba is not trained to navigate. “She’s the inappropriate judge to pick on the lifts,” says Dovolani. “She does not have a ballroom background.…She really comes from the hip-hop world. While we have the utmost respect for her as a dancer—it’s not as a ballroom dancer.”

Calling Out Carrie Ann
He was so frustrated after Inaba called out the lift on Seymour’s Viennese waltz during their Oct. 15 performance that he presented the judge with a ballroom rule book the next day. “Because she does not know anything about ballroom, I figured she should at least read the rule book,” says Dovolani. I highlighted the parts I wanted her to read including the description of what a lift is.”

What was Inaba’s reaction? “She laughed about it and gave me the finger,” he said. “I thought it was a very ladylike gesture. I laughed because I thought I hit home. And then I paid for it this week because…we got the lowest score from her.”

Inaba could not be reached for comment, but a source close to the judge says both the rule book presentation and the gesture never happened. The source went onto to point out that the official rule book for the show is different than the rule book for ballroom dancing.

Partner Seymour has been equally baffled by Inaba’s ruling, posting an item on her blog last Thursday addressing Inaba’s critique.

On the bright side, Dovolani says the lift controversy shows that dancers feel the pressure to turn up the routines this season, heralded by many as the most competitive season ever. “There is no lift crisis.…We’re in a big season,” says Dovolani. “As professionals we have to push the envelope.”

But Dovolani also wants the judges to realize that Seymour, at 56, should be praised for her competitive moves, not punished. “I wish the judges would take into account that Jane is 56 competing against women who are more than 30 years younger than her,” says Dovolani. “When Jerry Springer and John Ratzenberger would go out there, they would basically show up…Jane is actually dancing.”

I agree, I too thought she was a bit technical about the lift stuff-being just barely off the ground really doesn't qualify as anything worth noting to me-but then again, I don't know squat about the technical side of dancing, so...*Shrugs*. I dunno, regarding that guy and his arguments, it's good to hear another take on the whole thing, but I'd just say it happened, people know the rules now and are clearer on it, so just move on and leave it be.

As for the show tonight, eh, for the most part the couples' dances tonight weren't their best ones (though they were still way, way better than I'd ever be). However, there were a few top picks-I'd say these four couples did particularly well:

-Jennie & Derek (how on earth did their arms not get tangled up during their dance? Man, that was impressive)
-Mel and Maksin
-Marie and Tony
-Helio and Julianne (theirs was so cute! That chemistry was strong tonight, so yay)

And that group dance was AWESOME. Holy crap. Go, Sabrina, way to lift a guy like that, that was...whoa :ohmy:. Everyone was absolutely amazing in that. Rock. On :up:.

Angela

My mom and I watched ET and The Insider back to back one night last week. We kept count and between the 2 shows, they showed Marie Osmond faint 34 times. :crack:

There's something about Carrie Ann Inaba that bugs me but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Well...the show's about to begin so maybe I'll figure it out tonite.

Is it because she's a biatch?

She bugs me because she's supposed to be an expert ballroom judge and she complains about little things like barely there lifts, yet when they dont really do the dance right (like Cheetah girls' "hard" foxtrot) she doesnt say shit. Or Jenny and her Mambo. Her steps were WAY big.. they should be a lot smaller. And, she kind of lost her footing on one part and Carrie Ann didnt say a word about any of that. :|

most couples disappointing. Mel and Maksim i thought were pretty good, dont know if I agree with the 30 but that is just me, Helio was better, but to me he was still stiff as a board at times, didnt like Marie, Jane, cheetah girl not so much, Jenny not the greatest, the soap opera guy, I dont know was ok but nothing much really to get excited about this week.

Andnot only am I gonna miss the results but I am also missing House - the return of old crew, :sad:

geesh

I can't imagine Dr.Quinn getting booted....she probably has a huge fan base...also all my children dude probably has a huge fan base....I don't know tonight....maybe Marie? and I saw Jennie Garth's big boo-boo last night too...yet, not 1 judge called her out on it???? so strange:huh:

I must have missed Jennie's goof, then again I was watching at 2:30am :crack: I FF thru Marie, as it didn't seem too exciting, and I thought Jane's performance last night was very weak :shrug:

Well, what a surprising elimination it was !! :shocked:

I really thought that Jane & Tony had their time on the show expiring.

Then I thought next week would probably be time for Marie & Jonathan.

But, low-and-behold what Len said ... he thought Sabrina & Mark's performance was too hard, almost as if they forced themselves to dance serious.

Although, it paid off with the audience's votes as Sabrina & Mark have indeed come to an end this evening.

Be sure to catch 'Good Morning, America' tomorrow as Sabrina & Mark will be on that show to talk about their unfortunate fate.

How can you be glad?

She was arguably the best dancer on the show.

Absurd that she was eliminated.

The only more absurd DWTS elimination was when Stacey Keibler was eliminated before Jerry Rice a couple years ago.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

so yeah, I guess she did not have a huge voting fan-base....like Dr. Quinn, soap opera dude and Marie
she definately is a better dancer than any of them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom