damien rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
fyi:

[q]
live on America's

Carson Daly Show
monday 15th september

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damien has been nominated as one of 10 finalists for the 2003 American

Shortlist Music Prize

The Shortlist, the American equivalent of the British Mercury Music Prize,
will be awarded this fall to an artist whose artistic merit outweighs their commercial popularity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damien will play at America's KCRW radio 'A SOUNDS ECLECTIC EVENING'
on Saturday, November 22, 2003
At The Universal Amphitheatre http://www.kcrw.org/see3/
More information about the concert and ticket prices can be found at http://www.kcrw.org/see3/ or by calling 310-450-5183.[/q]

*bump* Carson Daly tomorrow night.

it was an amazing show. he sang several new songs that i have never heard before. he had me in tears during Coldwater and Blowers Daughter. :heart: i love this guy and love Viv! they are so nice and it was even better to be told that she remembered me and for her to get excitied to see me and give me the hug. :up: :D

oh and a female fan came up and did backing vocals for one song and did a great job.

I am laughing bc when you said to take my mom it brought back memories of the last concert we went together and it was hillarious. Anyways I prolly could get her to go but its on a weekday and she cant leave the business nor does she want me to miss classes :slant:

Has anyone heard his "kids" version of "the professor," live from the lobby in Cork?? It's highly amusing...

" Why the flip is this day taking so long
I was a lover of time and once she was mine
I was a lover indeed, I was covered in (big pause)..."

jkayet said:
Go here:
http://www.damienrice.com/website/sound_library.htm
and watch some of the live stuff!

Then...PLEASE click on 'gigs' and if there is one by you, for the love of god, GO. Fate has conspired against me, so he's in the states when I'm in England and vice versa. Go for me. You'll love him. :yes: :)

I'd love to , but can't.
Damien Rice is playing at the same small country hall in Bangalow where I recently took my parents to see Archie Roach and Jimmy Little this weekend.. It is such a small and very beautiful old building. It would be a very intimate atmosphere. He is performing on my mum's birthday too. But I can't go.

I just heard him interviewed on our local radio station. He said he felt tired and jet-lagged but he perfomed the song "Delicate" live in the studio. It was great.oh, I want to go!!! I hope he enjoys his visit to the North Coast :)
They played his song "Volcano" after the interview, followed by kd singing"helpless"( I'm starting to like that more)
what a great bit of radio that was :applaud:

no I'm not going...just wishing I could.
I taped his interview. i'll have a listen later and see if there is somethign quotable.... I did like what he said when she asked him what he thought of Australia
"I haven't gotten out and had a feel"
I do remember that bit:)

Back
Top Bottom