Custom Shop quality for less? Check these out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
High-end Stratocaster or Telecaster... for your Edge needs... but without the Fender Custom Shop prices?

Two guitar makers come to mind. King Bee and Nash.

I've seen a lot of the relic'd and various Fender Custom Shop guitars. They are cool. They are decent guitars. But many of them are in the $2200-$5000 range, depending on the guitar.

King Bee Guitars - Their bass model T-Style (Tele) or S-Style (Stratocaster) start at $999. The guitars are great. The finish works is great. And the Lollar pickups sound fantastic.

While their basic/base model is $999, they will make guitars to order. So if you want more relic'ing vs. closet classic look or you have other pickup specs in mind... Porter pickups, Lollars, you name it... TV Jones... These guys can do it - and even with more work and other items than the base model, you can still get a Tele, Strat or Jazzmaster type guitar for under $2K = cheaper than Fender Custom Shop.

King Bee Professionally Aged and Distressed Guitars

Another great guitar maker is Bill Nash (out of Washington state). They over a variety of Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazzmaster style guitars. And they have a ton of great vintage color finishes too. You want a Fiesta Red Tele that LOOKS like a vintage, aged-faded Fiesta Red.... These guitars can do it. I've seen the Nash guitars in the $1600 to $2200 range - depending upon components. They still come in cheaper than a lot of the Fender Custom Shop guitars.

Nash also makes some Precision and Jazz bass copies that are quite good.

Nashguitars: The Guitars

Both offer some great guitars at prices that are more than competitive with Fender Custom Shop. I highly recommend both guitar makers - They make some great guitars for the budding Edge or Adam tribute folks out there.

I can get behind this! Love these sorts of things. Just like the AC30 clones. Better prices for top notch stuff!

I can get behind this! Love these sorts of things. Just like the AC30 clones. Better prices for top notch stuff!

The King Bee and Bill Nash guitars - in my humble view and experience - are made with better components and built better (overall) than most Fender products.

And as mentioned, to get a Fender of this quality - would cost you $3k+

Why not spend $1K to $2K, get higher quality, better pickups, a neck that feels vintage and smooth like butter... and both are made in the U.S. of A.

I am presently awaiting an Edge-style `'60's tobacco with rosewood fretboard Strat-Style King Bee (Lollar Pickups). $999 + plus I paid an extra $120 for a deluxe G&G guitar case. (Like the nice cases that Fender uses for Custom Shop Fenders).

If you order the basic model Tele or Strat from King Bee, they are $999 and delivered between 5-6 weeks from payment.

King Bee Guitars are Edge-worthy

King Bee Guitars makes some great Fender-style re-productions. Teles, Strats, Jazzmasters... You want TV Jones in your Tele? Done. You want a Tele Custom style with a humbucker in the neck? Done.

They will make pretty much anything you want. But recently Louis (King Bee) has made a Base model Tele and a Base Model

So what's the big deal? King Bee makes Custom Shop quality guitars for a far better price. Same guitar from Fender Custom Shop would run $2,200+

The Base model Tele or Strat come in at $999. Lollar pickups. Good stuff.

http://www.kingbeeguitars.com/base-model/

Pics of my new King Bee Strat. It resembles a '60's era Stratocaster.

Back
Top Bottom