Chicago Setlist Party!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How's this for multi-quote, kiddo? :wink: Hey, one question: was this your first show? I don't mean to assume but for some reason I had it in my head that it might be. If so :hug: If not, well...I guess GFY (kidding)

:) Second; I saw U2 on the first leg of Vertigo, in Philly. But you've wanted to say GFY to me plenty of times in the past, so no need to take that back. :wink:

It's all good: I'm really digging your B&C musings lately and for some reason just pictured you were having a U2 epiphany rebirth thingamajig due to it being a first show...2nd show? pah!.it's still a rush, no doubt!

kafrun said:
Ok, I know I'm suuuuuper late to the party, and I just read through this thread now.. but my setlist has MOS, no OTH. Just putting that out there. Interesting. :hmm:

I'm going with this one. Further proof that they totally pulled that out of their asses, to our benefit. :up: There's no way the intro of OTH would have been so sloppy if there had been a rehearsal of any kind.

I'm going with this one. Further proof that they totally pulled that out of their asses, to our benefit. :up: There's no way the intro of OTH would have been so sloppy if there had been a rehearsal of any kind.

Yup. Was there actually a debate about that?

There is no way in hell that they were legitimately planning on playing OTH, before that moment. That shit was completely off the cuff.

Yeah, we all like to joke about how full of shit Bono can be, but those of us at the gig saw it go down. Bono was rambling, said "We wrote a song for our friend..." then sheepishly said "...which we aren't going to play for you now..." and then he immediately realized that he fucked up, and that at that point it would be bad form not to play it, that the diehards in attendance would be pissed if they didn't play it after making what sounded like an introduction to the song, and said "Ok...we might play it..."

It wasn't difficult to read the situation. They pulled the song out on the spot. On top of that there's the fact that Bono had to ask what the opening lines were, and that parts of it sounded totally (and endearingly) messy...yeah.

We got lucky as hell and were there on the right night, caught Bono in the right mood, and saw our favorite band spontaneously play one of their very best songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom