Boston G.A. question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhunkyOne

Babyface
OK, I need some help here. I have yet to attend a show this tour and have two G.A. tickets for the Hartford show in December, along with two upper level seats for the first Boston show in December. Since my job works on a rotating schedule, I was randomly given the day off on Tuesday. I was thinking of trading my two Hartford G.A's for two Boston G.A's for Tuesday's show.

Now, here is the problem I may face. The other person in my party lives about 30 minutes from Boston yet I haven't found out from her if she would be able to get the day off on Tuesday. I could definately get to Boston anytime on Tuesday and stand in the G.A. line. However, if you have two G.A. tickets, do both people have to physically wait in line or could I wait in line and hold a spot for her until she arrives after work? I'm guessing if she can't get out of work, she would probably be at the venue between 5:30-6:00pm.

If someone could let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Generally, holding a spot is frowned upon, especially if you are holding it all day. But, it all depends on the people standing behind you and around you.

AughrimFurey said:
Generally, holding a spot is frowned upon, especially if you are holding it all day. But, it all depends on the people standing behind you and around you.

In Boston and their GA policy you can't save spots since they give out wristbands in numbered order as you show up starting at 8am. You have to be back in line by 5pm. They go by the wristbands.

The only problem with doing that in Boston is if they do it the same way they did it in May you need to get a numbered wristband and when the line up begins again at 5PM security is checking the wristbands to make sure you're lined up in the same order.

Any chance she could get to work late that morning, meet up with you at the Banknorth at 8AM, you both get your wristbands, she leaves for work, you hang out the rest of the day and then you meet up again at 5PM for the afternoon lineup?

In others words in Boston there probably won't be an all day line up (there wasn't one in May).

If I get there at 8, how long would you guess it would take to get the wristband??

So, how much better do you guys think my place in line will be if I show up at like 6am instead of 8am?
Just curious, as I was planning on 6am.

Huh?!

<< In Boston and their GA policy you can't save spots since they give out wristbands in numbered order as you show up starting at 8am. You have to be back in line by 5pm. They go by the wristbands. >>

Regarding the Boston GA line... What about those of us who have two GA tickets ... and one of us has to stay home in the AM with a baby?!

I'm going in the AM for my (our) wristband and coming back at 5pm with my wife. The TD BankNorth Garden can't be that insensitive ... oh, wait ... yeah they can.

BTW, I noticed they aren't allowing cameras into the show ... see tdbanknorthgarden - dot - com - slash - U2 - dot - pdf.

Last edited:
What if you just get someone to go in your place and stand in line with you?

Just slyly cut off the bracelet and tape it back on the person who's actually going. My friend's came off after she took a shower, so she had to tape it back on anyway.

No problem, it's the least I can do ... locomosquito, thanks for the advice. I'll have to see if my best friend can go in my wife's absence. I wonder how many Dunkin Donuts coffees (or Sam Adams cases) it would take to bribe him to drive in with me at 6am?!?!

What about the fans with ETS tickets taht cant be picked up untilthe afternoon??
The friends I am with all have ETS tickets there is only me with ticket in hand for Dec??????????????
Will they be able to show their receipts??

Bono's Tart said:
What about the fans with ETS tickets taht cant be picked up untilthe afternoon??
The friends I am with all have ETS tickets there is only me with ticket in hand for Dec??????????????
Will they be able to show their receipts??

I honestly don't know. Maybe you can email them and ask. I found these two email addresses on their website:

customerservice@tdbanknorthgarden.com

askthegarden@tdbanknorthgarden.com

You might want to say "ETS, U2's Official Tour Operator" in case they're not familiar with ETS.

It seems these people are very responsive so I'm pretty sure you'll get a response and if they haven't heard of these tickets before you might put the seed in their mind of accepting the ETS voucher as proof of ticket. And who knows maybe they are very familiar and have contemplated this in their GA policy even if it's not explicitly stated in it.

If you get an answer can you post it, maybe it will be something other people are wondering about also.

Will Call

I have a headache from reading all these rules about Boston GA lineup! Here is my situation: I am a u2.com member and have 2 GA fan club tickets, but they got lost/stolen/missing in the mail so I have to pick them up at will call. The rules say you have to have the tickets on you to get a number in line. Can anyone tell me from past experience last May if I show my reciept will I get a wristband? I would really be pissed if I went there in the am only to be turned away until I can pick up the tickets. Please advise! Thanks

ramblin rose said:

I honestly don't know. Maybe you can email them and ask. I found these two email addresses on their website:

customerservice@tdbanknorthgarden.com

askthegarden@tdbanknorthgarden.com

You might want to say "ETS, U2's Official Tour Operator" in case they're not familiar with ETS.

It seems these people are very responsive so I'm pretty sure you'll get a response and if they haven't heard of these tickets before you might put the seed in their mind of accepting the ETS voucher as proof of ticket. And who knows maybe they are very familiar and have contemplated this in their GA policy even if it's not explicitly stated in it.

If you get an answer can you post it, maybe it will be something other people are wondering about also.

Thanks have emailed will post on the outcome!
Just concerned as we are all coming over from the UK and Ireland omg panicking and its not until Dec!!

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
seems these people are very responsive so I'm pretty sure you'll get a response and if they haven't heard of these tickets before you might put the seed in their mind of accepting the ETS voucher as proof of ticket.

The Fleet/Garden customer service people have not been very responsive (at least to me) this week. Their CS line (617-624-1331) defaults to VoiceMail, which is incredibly annoying, and forces you to leave a message. THREE messages I left for them on Wed. AM regarding a specific situation I have regarding GA tix have fallen on deaf ears because I haven't yet heard back from them.

The U2 GA policy is posted on the TD Garden's website. My plan is to show up at 7am, cross my fingers and hope the TD Garden security force is in good spirits and pretty familiar with the U2 GA policy. Good luck to all.

bguagnini said:

The Fleet/Garden customer service people have not been very responsive (at least to me) this week. Their CS line (617-624-1331) defaults to VoiceMail, which is incredibly annoying, and forces you to leave a message. THREE messages I left for them on Wed. AM regarding a specific situation I have regarding GA tix have fallen on deaf ears because I haven't yet heard back from them.

The U2 GA policy is posted on the TD Garden's website. My plan is to show up at 7am, cross my fingers and hope the TD Garden security force is in good spirits and pretty familiar with the U2 GA policy. Good luck to all.

I'm pretty sure they are very familiar with U2's GA policy (i.e. two lines, scanner) the rest of the policy is the decision of the venue (not U2). I did GA there in May and have absolutely no complaints of their security people or how they managed the GA lines.

Bono's Tart said:
Just concerned as we are all coming over from the UK and Ireland omg panicking and its not until Dec!!

It's never too early to panic when it comes to a U2 show.

Last edited:
Bono's tart:

dod you hear anything back from the Garden? I am in exactly the same situation. From the UK, happen to be in Boston on the night, scraped GA from ETS.

...and now? Still two months to wait, but I can't help of thinking this.

two shots said:
Bono's tart:

dod you hear anything back from the Garden? I am in exactly the same situation. From the UK, happen to be in Boston on the night, scraped GA from ETS.

...and now? Still two months to wait, but I can't help of thinking this.

no nothing as yet but will post any response into this thread.

Back
Top Bottom