Bono mentioned in new TEEN magazine quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PunkRockQueen89

The Fly
This is the question. The choices are so dumb! :crack: :laugh:

When he's not on tour with his band, this frontman is traveling the world campaigning for deep in debt poverty stricken countries with the organization DATA: debt, aids, trade in Africa (DATAdata.org)

a. Mandy Moore
b. Courtney Cox
c. Bono
d. Beastie Boys
e. Jennifer Anniston
f. Avril Lavigne

:lmao:

How could anybody miss this?!!!

It's on page 109 of the fall 2003 issue of TEEN magazine.

PunkRockQueen89 said:

When he's not on tour with his band, this frontman is traveling the world campaigning for deep in debt poverty stricken countries with the organization DATA: debt, aids, trade in Africa (DATAdata.org)

a. Mandy Moore
b. Courtney Cox
c. Bono
d. Beastie Boys
e. Jennifer Anniston
f. Avril Lavigne

Well, that's easy, even if you didn't know. The question states: "When *he's* not on tour with his band", therefore that eliminates a, b, e, and f, and the other IS a band. Geeze...
But still, I would be so excited that he was even mentioned in the magazine that I would rip the page out and show it to everyone I met. :wink:

Re: Re: Bono mentioned in new TEEN magazine quiz

bonocrazy88 said:

Well, that's easy, even if you didn't know. The question states: "When *he's* not on tour with his band", therefore that eliminates a, b, e, and f, and the other IS a band. Geeze...

Plus it says "frontman". :rolleyes: :laugh: The question was worded pretty stupidly...

Hey, it's Seventeen rip off. You can't give them any credit at all.

But it's cool that they mentioned Bono. :up:

PunkRockQueen89 said:

a. Mandy Moore
b. Courtney Cox
c. Bono
d. Beastie Boys
e. Jennifer Anniston
f. Avril Lavigne

it's obvious, the answer is F

:rolleyes:

you see mee too!
even though I havent been in PLEBA much since the golden age. those were some good times. Elevated bono, pleba mansion, disco boos! *hides because she might get in trouble for mentioning elevated bono*
I sound like such an old timer now. I was born in good old 87

<----Was born in '84. :).

Anyway, heh! That's funny! But cool.

I didn't realize that Teen magazine still had quizzes-last time I read that magazine it seemed it was nothing but style stuff, hence why I stopped reading it.

I would sincerely hope that people reading it will know who it's referring to. They'd have to be living under a rock or something to not know.

Angela

Oooh I'm almost not a teen anymore ... I'll be twenty next week. But I was born in 1983 ... "War" year ...

And back on topic, since when are Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston singers of any kind? :S These magazines put no thought into their quizzes. What was it supposed to test anyway?

Hey! There are young peoplez here! Coolness! *born in '88* Just remember what Bono said -- "Never underestimate someone just 'cause they're 14."

Haha...elevated Bono...I 'member that... I've been lurking here for a looooong time... *hides from the mods*

Anyway. The quiz. That's amusing. I remember back in middle school they'd have a "question of the day" during the morning announcements, and one time it was "What rock star has been touring in the Midwest raising AIDS awareness?" and the kid next to me was like "I dunno...Kid Rock?" I didn't know whether to laugh at him or kill him.

Flarez said:
Anyway. The quiz. That's amusing. I remember back in middle school they'd have a "question of the day" during the morning announcements, and one time it was "What rock star has been touring in the Midwest raising AIDS awareness?" and the kid next to me was like "I dunno...Kid Rock?" I didn't know whether to laugh at him or kill him.

I'm thinking the latter of the two choices...Kid Rock...:|.

Hello to the others who were born in '84! :D. We're almost done being teenagers...man, how weird is that. I'm turning 19 one month from today.

Yeah. That's very weird.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Hello to the others who were born in '84! :D. We're almost done being teenagers...man, how weird is that. I'm turning 19 one month from today.

Yeah. That's very weird.

Angela

Not as weird as it is for those of us who were teenagers when you were born :yikes:

Hey, where you been Angela? Have you moved yet? Check out this week's Leather day thread, it was ALL JT :drool: and I thought of you! :wave:

U2Kitten said:
Not as weird as it is for those of us who were teenagers when you were born :yikes:

:).

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Hey, where you been Angela? Have you moved yet? Check out this week's Leather day thread, it was ALL JT :drool: and I thought of you! :wave:

Whoo, boy, long, long, crazy story involving that. I know, I've missed out on a bunch of Leather Day threads recently and that ticks me off big time. But now everything's settled and I can join in with them again. Finally. Yippee!

The move to Vermont did not work out after all, which is where this long story occurs. Luckily, my dad had another job offer in a town in Nebraska, which is where we are now (heh, what a contrast-Vermont and Nebraska). We just got our Internet hooked up in our new home today-the few times I've been able to come here within the entire amount of time I've been gone have been when I've been on the computer at the library in my old town.

I'll explain the whole story in the PLEBAns section, if anyone's interested in hearing it. Let me just put it this way-nothing turned out the way we expected it to at all.

JT pics, eh? I'll definitely check it out. :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Ugh, I wish!! I just turned 19 and I'm pretty much a year or more younger than everyone in my class (college soph.).

Back
Top Bottom