Bono Mentioned At Winona's Trial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Witness Denies Selling Ryder Story
By Jill Serjeant

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (Reuters) - The former Saks security officer at the center of Winona Ryder's shoplifting trial was accused Thursday by defense lawyers of selling her story, inventing testimony and of rifling through the actress's Filofax for movie star phone numbers.

But Colleen Rainey withstood the grueling 90-minute cross-examination from defense attorney Mark Geragos, leaving the defense reeling from her main accusations: that she saw Ryder cut off security tags from handbags in a dressing room of the posh Saks Fifth Avenue store in Beverly Hills.

The prosecution later wrapped up its case, leaving open the question of whether Ryder will testify when the defense opens its case on Friday.

"I can't tell you now. I'm gonna talk to her," Geragos told reporters when asked if the Oscar-nominated actress would take the witness stand.

Ryder, 31, denies three counts of grand theft, burglary and vandalism stemming form her visit to the posh Saks Fifth Avenue store in Beverly Hills last December. She is accused of shoplifting some $5,500 worth of designer goods and could face up to three years in prison if convicted.

Rainey acknowledged having omitted some details about how she saw Ryder in the fitting room in her initial reports, notably that she was peering through slats in the door.

Rainey, who is now an MBA student, said that because of time constraints she "did not have the luxury of writing out everything ... I did mention I observed her in the fitting room stall but I did not mention the slats," she told the jury.

Geragos, a celebrity lawyer who claims Saks staff and prosecutors singled out Ryder for harsh treatment because she is a star, presented documents showing that Rainey had set up a "writing services" company with her struggling screenwriter boyfriend just two weeks after charges were formally filed against Ryder in March.

"Is that to sell this story?" Geragos asked.

"No" Rainey replied.

"Have you sold the Winona Ryder story?" Geragos asked her again later. "No," she said.

Geragos accused Rainey of rifling through Ryder's Filofax after the "Girl, Interrupted" star was taken to a Saks basement office.

"Didn't you go through her Filofax and say 'That's Bono's number, that's so and so's number?" he demanded.

"No" Rainey replied.

I have a few friends in the recording industry in Nashville, and I can't remember which one told me this story, but it was around the time that Bono did "Lean on Me" with Kirk Franklin...

Anyway they were at an awards show backstage and my firends saw Kirk and Kirk is a little guy...very short...and he had made a comment to one of his entourage that he had to call Bono back, and he started going through his cell phone to find his number...

My friends were like, "We can so take him...LOL"

Can you imagine if one of us got Bono's number? It would be like an 11 year old's sleepover...

BONO: Hello?

PLEBIAN: ....

PLEBIAN: *giggles*

BONO: Who the hell is this?

noises in the backround:
say something to him!
shh, he can hear!
say something!
what should I say?
*giggles*

PLEBIAN: ohmygodBonoIloveyouandIwanttohaveyourbabiespleasepleasemarryme!

*click*

Yeah, the trial is is in Beverly Hills.

So you know what that means...Those crazy Hollywood types.

Anything goes... :huh:

I'm sooo glad I live at the beach!

:wave:

The whole idea of a shoplifting trial in Beverly Hills from Saks Fifth Avenue is a bit surreal. Just like Hollywood.........:ohmy: :shocked: :confused: :lmao: :lmao:

madonna's child said:
Can you imagine if one of us got Bono's number? It would be like an 11 year old's sleepover...

noises in the backround:
say something to him!
shh, he can hear!
say something!
what should I say?
*giggles*

*click*

:eeklaugh: :laugh: :lmao: :eeklaugh: :laugh: :lmao:

I can SO easily see that happening !!!!! He'd have us on caller block from then on !

Last edited:
:laugh:

*puts on telemarketer hat*

Yes, is mr... bone-o there?

Is this Mr.. (says it with a short e) hewson? Yes, did you know Debt-X can help you refinance your home for half the price of our competitors? Let me tell you how...

Hello Mr Hewson, I'm conducting a survey and wondered if you would answer a few questions. First, what size condom do you usually buy?

Do I hear your children crying? It must be time to go!

madonna's child said:

noises in the backround:
say something to him!
shh, he can hear!
say something!
what should I say?
*giggles*

*click*

Heh.........Hello Mr. Bono, is your fridge running?
THAN GO CATCH IT!!!!!
*laughs insanely*

We'd have to make sure to use *61. :hmm:
Unless, we let him see our numbers.........so he would call us back and be like "who in the fook is this!?!? why are you prank calling me?!?!"
Pleba: "What, I don't know what you're talking about!! Bone-o who?? From what band??? U whooooo??? :macdevil:

That way, we could tell everyone that Bono called us.:hyper:

I'm having too much fun with this scenario.:shifty:

madonna's child said:

noises in the backround:
say something to him!
shh, he can hear!
say something!
what should I say?
*giggles*

*click*

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Back
Top Bottom