Bono in France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug-08-011.gif

It's interesting to note that the person not mentioned in all these pictures is the man with the white t-shirt and white baseball cap ....it just happens to be Universal Music head honcho Jimmy Iovine with I think some members of his family....hopefully this means we'll hear the new single in mid-September and the new album in late October/November

Thank God there's a picture of tea appropriately placed in that picture. I think pictures of them on the boat are very invasive. Do we really need to see them relaxing in private? Come on... pap's are so rude.
(remark is not directed to the person posting the pictures...but the pap's)

:up: I totally agree. What are they trying to do; catch a flash of Ali's drawers? :angry: I wonder how much money that would be worth? It's pathetic. Their holiday should be a no go zone. They spend enough time being snapped when they don't want to be. How can they relax knowing there are magnifying lens' trying to capture every inopportune moment... Ewwww... I so hate the paps...

Sometimes I'm ashamed of my own interest in celebrities; it only gives the paps an excuse to make money.:reject::reject:

It's interesting to note that the person not mentioned in all these pictures is the man with the white t-shirt and white baseball cap ....it just happens to be Universal Music head honcho Jimmy Iovine with I think some members of his family....hopefully this means we'll hear the new single in mid-September and the new album in late October/November

I noticed Jimmy is always with them in France now too. I think he has a part time job as a body guard. :) He always looks like he is protecting them.

:up: I totally agree. What are they trying to do; catch a flash of Ali's drawers? :angry: I wonder how much money that would be worth? It's pathetic. Their holiday should be a no go zone. They spend enough time being snapped when they don't want to be. How can they relax knowing there are magnifying lens' trying to capture every inopportune moment... Ewwww... I so hate the paps...

Sometimes I'm ashamed of my own interest in celebrities; it only gives the paps an excuse to make money.:reject::reject:

Your last statement is the most truthful one yet.

If people didn't want to see these pictures of these people the "paps" (as they are being referred) wouldn't be stalking them.

I don't agree with the "paps" intrusive methods in taking these pics but I think it's a bit disingenuous of people here to criticize them when we're all enjoying the pictures that they took! :huh:

I don't agree with the "paps" intrusive methods in taking these pics but I think it's a bit disingenuous of people here to criticize them when we're all enjoying the pictures that they took! :huh:

No offence Jamila but I don't feel disingenuous at all.
It's not like interference has it's own personal paparazzi running around snapping inappropriate pic's for pleba. These pic's are already out there.
I'm not going to give up the magazines or newspapers I like just because there may be a pap picture in it. I don't buy any of the rag mag's anyway and while I may have bought a magazine with one or all of the members of U2 on the cover, I can honestly say I didn't buy it just for the pic. With the exception of some of the Vanity Fair covers I bought as a collector of some really good magazine pic's, and U2 memorabilia.

I think it's a bit disingenuous of people here to criticize them when we're all enjoying the pictures that they took! :huh:

Hey Jamilla,
I was directing my comments to a very specific picture of them on the boat.
Yes ofcourse I like to look at the latest photographs of Bono in public when he knows he is being photographed, but I cringe when that "line" is crossed ie, on the boat, at his private home , ect...especially when he is with his family.
My point was that particular picture felt very invasive to me. That's my opinion.

On most of these shots, they are aware of being photographed, and they are posing and looking quite relaxed.

But the picture on the boat doesn't look ok to me, I don't like it at all, it seems like a real invasion of privacy. In fact, I enjoyed all the other photos except the ones from the boat. There has to be a limit, celebrity or not.

Hey Jamilla,
I was directing my comments to a very specific picture of them on the boat.
Yes ofcourse I like to look at the latest photographs of Bono in public when he knows he is being photographed, but I cringe when that "line" is crossed ie, on the boat, at his private home , ect...especially when he is with his family.
My point was that particular picture felt very invasive to me. That's my opinion.

Jeannieco, I actually agree with you & last unicorn: I think those are a bit invasive of the Hewson's privacy too.

But I wouldn't worry about Bono & Ali - they have been media savvy for decades now and will only give the "paps" exactly what they want to give the media.

Bono has ALWAYS been in control of what he releases to the media and so, even though these pics are in bad taste, I'm sure that Bono & Ali already know the kinds of pics that these "paps" are looking for and won't allow them to release a pic of them that they really disapprove of.

Thanks for not jumping on me - I just want us to realize that it is our fascination with celebrities which allows the "paps" to flourish.

But I know that none of us will give up looking at pics of Bono so what do we do? :hmm: :sexywink:

:sad: Sorry, I don't how to do it...That photo I found in another website...

Some of them enlarged:
bono-portofino1a.jpg

bono-portofino2a.jpg

It's possible to see Jordan and Eve behind them :cute:
I love the 2nd pic of Bono and Ali,what a great pic of the 2 of them...and look....Bono has his shirt unbutton real low,love it:drool: makes me want to run my fingers through that hair on his chest.Bono's looking mighty fine.

Thanks everybody for the pictures and news...:wave: Good to know what has happened with the boys while we can´t see them on the stage..

(BTW Bonofox1 - have you read my reply to you about the photobucket pics in the other thread some time ago ? I´m in doubt if you received because it did not appear like a quote... Thanks for all your kind explanation about it, anyway ..) :sexywink:

Ali looks just gorgeous :)
Good to know they have nice holidays in France:)
My family has a house in a town next to Eze (Beaulieu sur Mer),so Im there pretty often. I visit Eze sometimes but I don't like to stay on the beach by Bono's house...-I try to respect their privacy as much as possible...

Ali looks just gorgeous :)
Good to know they have nice holidays in France:)
My family has a house in a town next to Eze (Beaulieu sur Mer),so Im there pretty often. I visit Eze sometimes but I don't like to stay on the beach by Bono's house...-I try to respect their privacy as much as possible...

heh, heh, heh, I would love to visit your home in France :D

I know for sure where my hang out would be :shifty:

by the way WELCOME FeelGood!:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom