Best Song Survivor: Grand Final VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the seventh grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the seventh grand final, Zooropa was voted into tenth place in the tournament.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone
13. Magnificent
12. Beautiful Day
11. A Sort Of Homecoming
The Top 10
10. Zooropa

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
27 votes: Zooropa
25: Stay
18: One Tree Hill
11: All I Want Is You
8: The Unforgettable Fire
4: New Year's Day, The Fly
2: Until The End Of The World
1: Bad, With Or Without You
(Total votes: 101)

Stay needs to go. No way is it better than ASOH or Zooropa.

Interesting that at this stage, 1980s songs outnumber 1990s songs two to one, and this on EYKIW of all places!

All I Want Is You.

The only song that I really care about now is Until The End of The World. None of the above mentioned besides that one is U2 top 10 in my opinion.

Zooropa voters::angry::doh::madwife::no::censored::madspit::rant::banghead::yell::shame::waiting:

A seemingly pointless vote for All I Want is You... Stay clicked with me not long ago.

I'd always thought that if you took out One and Streets, Bad and Until the End of the World would be the next two... let's see if I'm right.

No way is UTEOTW worthy of placing this high, given how badly the studio version's mix fails at the end.

No way is UTEOTW worthy of placing this high, given how badly the studio version's mix fails at the end.

I'm not voting for the studio versions here. The studio version of New Year's Day is wank compared to how it is live for example.

Few rather over-achieving songs here, Three! All I Want Is You, End Of World and 1 Tree Hull.

Will vote All I Want Is You this round...

It doesn't say that in the OP, and I don't think the majority of EYKIW base their votes on the studio release only.

that's the only way to explain how bad is still here then.

and obviously it's done on studio versions, why the hell else do we do it by albums and include songs not played live?

and the majority of eykiw are lunatics.

It doesn't say that in the OP, and I don't think the majority of EYKIW base their votes on the studio release only.

Survivor has always only been about studio versions.

Live versions should not influence your vote one iota. I don't even really need to say this since most people don't go around owning bootlegs or much in the way of live recordings at all.

Survivor has always only been about studio versions.

Live versions should not influence your vote one iota. I don't even really need to say this since most people don't go around owning bootlegs or much in the way of live recordings at all.

Why has Streets one every time then? Because it lives live, not on record.

I think it's pretty obvious. I didn't try to save the live version of Zooropa, that's obvious, I still vote with the studio record in mind, but in the case of UTEOTW for instance, I can't unhear the live version, and suddenly think "oh, I'll vote for this because One Tree Hill is better in the studio"

I don't think I'm alone here. I always thought it was the song, live or not, and what it meant for the individual

Why has Streets one every time then? Because it lives live, not on record.

I think it's pretty obvious. I didn't try to save the live version of Zooropa, that's obvious, I still vote with the studio record in mind, but in the case of UTEOTW for instance, I can't unhear the live version, and suddenly think "oh, I'll vote for this because One Tree Hill is better in the studio"

I don't think I'm alone here. I always thought it was the song, live or not, and what it meant for the individual
actually, streets has never won; one has won every edition of survivor. :D (i'm just considering the best song survivors we've done, for example it obviously did not win the non-single survivor we did a couple years back)

it's axver's tournament, he says it's based upon the studio track so that's how everyone's meant to vote. :shrug: if we were going to base our votes on live tracks we'd do a live song survivor. i actually think that'd be pretty neat to do, though it'd be a headache and a half to try to put a list together.

How many times do we have to keep posting the same bloody thing.

In the past two Best Song Survivors, One beat Streets both times in the final. You only vote on the basis of studio versions. Strategic voting is unavoidable and it happens, deal with it. Any more ad nauseum things I need to address here?

once more, at least.

I bet you somebody in the next round is going to say something about strategic voting.

In fact, I bet somebody's going to post about it in this round without having read the thread first!

i vote we add a bit in the text in the op of each round stating yes, strategic voting is okay, it's done in every poll and election around the world :blahblah: :lol:

I bet you somebody in the next round is going to say something about strategic voting.

In fact, I bet somebody's going to post about it in this round without having read the thread first!

:lmao:

btw, isn't strategic voting against the spirit of finding the real best song?

hey these polls r kinda lame if u are voting strategogisciclaly insted of 4 ur actual lest fav4rite

i think u shud strt dis agan avxer

i hope bad wins, the live versins slay:applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom