Bathurst!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
So me and Axver have a place to post about. And because I have OOC blocked so if we talked about it in the superthread it wouldn't come up when I click new posts.

Also beg you are most welcome, just remember that Ford sucks.

Shootout has just begun.

Tander reckons he is driving the best car he's ever had.

Just quickly, every other sport could learn a hell of a lot about how to handle the media from V8 Supercars. Absolutely refreshing.

fine.
smileybegging.gif

idk what this thread even is so this is a waste of a post. sorry!

Rain made the second half of the shootout a non-event.

1. Greg Murphy / Allan Simonsen #11 Holden
2. Will Davison / Luke Youlden #6 Ford
3. Craig Lowndes / Mark Skaife #888 Holden
4. James Courtney / Cameron McConville #1 Holden
5. Shane van Gisbergen / John McIntyre #9 Ford
6. Steve Owen / Paul Morris #49 Holden
7. David Reynolds / Tim Blanchard #16 Holden
8. Jamie Whincup / Andrew Thompson #88 Ford
9. Garth Tander / Nick Percat (who?) #2 Holden
10. Mark Winterbottom / Steve Richards #5 Ford

Should be a fantastic race.

I have to go out in the middle of tomorrow's race, but at least I'll get to see the start and finish. Phew.

Though the end may clash with Australia vs South Africa in the Rugby World Cup ...

God it must be embarrassing for the guys who crash on the warm-up lap.

Remember a while ago - christ, it might've been 1999 or so - when Bargwana totally destroyed his car on the warm-up at Forrest's Elbow? That was an entertaining start to the day!

The other races are completely irrelevant. 1000 kilometres. Height difference of 174 metres between its highest and lowest point. 161 laps of 6.2km circuit.

Yeah, nowadays I'm totally uninterested in the rest of the V8 Supercars tournament, but Bathurst remains a yearly ritual - I guess part of it is the sheer endurance of it all impresses me. Plus it's a genuinely interesting race course that feels sporting to me, rather than just "cars going around in circles".

So I had to go out for 2.5 hours - did I miss the best portion of the race?

I do hate how the course and cars are just a proliferation of ads.

Looks like I've managed to get home before some interesting weather moves in at Bathurst, at least. :up:

Yeah it's gonna get really interesting from here on in. There's not going to be much separating the field, plenty of safety cars to come.

Let's be honest, even though some people won't admit it, when the wet weather rolls in, everybody moves closer to the edge of their seat waiting for a spectacular crash.

I seem to recall one race a few years ago that was a bit of a letdown in that department, but otherwise yeah. I'm honestly mainly in it for the crashes and similar drama.

Cars are sliding around a bit now! Percat was lucky to not totally lose it up on Skyline.

Very true. Always exciting to see an epic comeback.

And oh my god, I just about choked laughing at a terrible Honda ad. What person thought it would be a good idea to end it with "it's a HO HO HO HONDA!"?

:lol: at this thread's posts being more than half the number of views. It's a niche.

Sounds like Canto in the BottleO car is in a great spot in 4th, fuel economy is better than everyone else's.

I love the commentary. Matt White is great (breaks my heart that he hosts Today Fucking Tonight) and Neil Crompton just knows absolutely everything about V8 racing which makes the commentary interesting.

DAMNIT! I had to go do a thing for a reason and missed it!

Need replay.

Charlotte and I have decided that Percat shouldn't be this guy's last name, but a measure of cuteness. A kitten would be 100 per cat cute; Paul McGuinne$$ would be zero per cats.

Back
Top Bottom