Baltimore Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say for me that was an epic show, and well managed. Pity about the heat though. Jess and I are sitting in the car sucking down water in the AC and watching some post-show fireworks as we wait for the traffic to clear.

Thanks for the setlist reports

Night everyone! Thanks for a great/slow setlist party. See you at the Glastonbury party (If I make it). If not, East Lansing. :wave: :hug:

Oh, and Tutu returned before One. I actually liked that Aung San Suu Kyi video though, but Tutu's GRRREATT speech is good too. :wink:

Given the "Zoo 360" vibe of the recent setlists, UV's comeback makes sense. Personally, I'd prefer HMTMKMKM, but both songs are incredibly awesome and totally worthy of opening the encore.

awesome show, as always. Glad Ultraviolet was back, it's my favorite part of the 360 show! As cydewaze said, the heat was ghastly. Also, I couldn't get any AT&T service inside the stadium.

The show was awesome! I even met Utoo in the GA line :wave:

I was so glad they played The Fly and I Will Follow was a nice surprise. Only thing I wish would have been different was if they played HMTMKMKM. But, I still loved the show, despite the heat.

Hopefully some nice bootlegs show up :)

edit: Florence pointed to me the second time she said "You got the love" :heart:

As everyone has said, great show, insane humidity. I sucked down two 32oz of Gatorade afterwards. Finally got to be in the inner circle, though would have enjoyed that more had it been, maybe, April?

Anyway, for me, best song: Zooropa.

Final leg of the Vertigo Tour had 4 gigs in a row with 3 songs from The Bomb.

I took a glance at that run of shows. Some of those gigs had SAINTS and WINDOW and one had a double Vertigo.

Anaheim 2 & Baltimore is a bit of low point for U2 when it comes to new material from recent projects.

What's odd is that the Seattle show 2 weeks back was the 2nd best time I've seen them of 20 shows and I'm loving all the ZOOTV stuff.

I took a glance at that run of shows. Some of those gigs had SAINTS and WINDOW and one had a double Vertigo.

I'm with you on Saints and Window (although they still played 3 songs from their newest album as you put it), but using double Vertigo as an argument for 2 songs? Really?

Just wanna say, Baltimore rocked! :D Nice setlist, lots of good rockin' tunes with plenty of laid back breaks. Band was great despite the heat (as was the crowd) Again, Kudos to the Baltimore stadium crew and Baltimore police. I have never seen a stadium cleared out so well and traffic handled so well after a show.

I'm with you on Saints and Window (although they still played 3 songs from their newest album as you put it), but using double Vertigo as an argument for 2 songs? Really?

Ana2/Balt each feature only 3 songs from their latests projects. Minor tweak.

Pitty that none of the 6 unreleased tunes played in Europe will be played stateside. I think When Love Comes to Town and Slow Dancing may be the only original "unreleased" songs they've done at shows in North America.

Hopefully this setlist holds out at least until East Lansing. I'm in the camp that thinks Ultraviolet >>>>>>>>>> HMTMKMKM. I love the idea of 4 AB songs opening the show. Should be more exciting than the last time I saw U2, when 4 NLOTH songs opened the show (YAWN). Also, hopefully they have realized that Magnificent SUCKS live and will no longer play it. I know they want to play their latest album to seem current, but sometimes a song just doesn't work live! Also, Stay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stuck, plus it's my wife's favorite U2 song and I hope she gets to hear it, even if it is acoustic.

*yawn* / *stretch*

:checks setlist thread:

Tags: dan will be pissed

i got a tag bitches!

I don't have too much to add, but I do want to reiterate how wonderful the stadium staff was. The guards were chatty, yet great at taking care of people who tried to push their way up. The stadium staff were so pleasant & friendly, and the GA experience was the most orderly I've ever seen. Great job all around! We should each write an email to the stadium to let them know hey rocked. :yes:

BonoFly said:
The show was awesome! I even met Utoo in the GA line :wave:

It was great meeting you. Glad you got The Fly! I was also hoping for HMTMKMKM, but it was a better performance of UV than he's done in a while, so that made up for it.

We got more than half of the whole AB album! Crazy.

Great show last night, although at times it looked like both Bono and Edge were wilting from the heat. I kept yelling at Bono to take off his dang jacket but I was too far away. :wink: At least Edge changed to a t-shirt when he started to wilt! And at least Bono wasn't wearing the full leather gear. Got into the inner circle even without queuing but it was just too darn hot to stay in there so I hung back on the floor where everyone was dancin' up a storm. The audience and staff in Baltimore were great, all around pleasant experience (except for the heat). :)

And they were prompt so I got the 11:30 bus back to NYC and two more hours sleep than anticipated, so I am relatively alert at the office this morning. :D

Was on outside rail dead center.. best spot ever.. OMG... I loved the show, the day.. and my friends! Had my moment during the show.. See my fb post and took some pretty decent pics.. One of the funniest moments is adam dancing during Crazy.. :lol: I have a couple pics of him, and his feet are off the ground.. He had the biggest grin on his face and he was right in front of me doing this..

Great show last night, although at times it looked like both Bono and Edge were wilting from the heat. I kept yelling at Bono to take off his dang jacket but I was too far away. :wink: At least Edge changed to a t-shirt when he started to wilt! And at least Bono wasn't wearing the full leather gear. Got into the inner circle even without queuing but it was just too darn hot to stay in there so I hung back on the floor where everyone was dancin' up a storm. The audience and staff in Baltimore were great, all around pleasant experience (except for the heat). :)

And they were prompt so I got the 11:30 bus back to NYC and two more hours sleep than anticipated, so I am relatively alert at the office this morning. :D

wow.. I admire ya.. I wimped out and called in sick today.. I am spent..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom