Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HMV have had the "Vertigo" dvd listed for sometime. I got my mate to pre-order some copies only yesterday. But I looked again today and the release date has changed from the 14th to the 21st of November. Do you reckon that has anything to do with a possible announcement or is it related to the "All because of you" single on the 7th?

Javin said:
HMV have had the "Vertigo" dvd listed for sometime. I got my mate to pre-order some copies only yesterday. But I looked again today and the release date has changed from the 14th to the 21st of November. Do you reckon that has anything to do with a possible announcement or is it related to the "All because of you" single on the 7th?

Sanity still have it for the 14th....

Yeah thats a strange one. Sanity have the contents and picture of the dvd. Yet HMV had it listed weeks before them, had 14th as the date of release and now today it's changed to the 21st. But they still have no graphics or info of the setlist. Got me

Don't know whether this is old news or what but.....

From the yahoo U2 Australia list from a guy who was in NY for the 3rd leg shows:

You won't believe what just happened... I met Bono!

Outside Madison Square Garden. He rolled up in his SUV, hopped out and
came to say hello and sign a few autographs. He signed my HTDAAB vinyl
cover (i came prepared!).

IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my 16 seconds of face time with Bono, i said to him "I came from
Australia to see the shows" He said "thanks" I said "whats happening
with the Australian tour?" And then he said "looks like its GOING TO
HAPPEN" He could have been just blowing me off, but that's not like
Bono to do that - in my opinion.

I dont know what was cooler, meeting Bono or having him (almost)
confirm the tour. I didnt get the chance to ask specifics - sorry. I
waited for the rest of the guys, but only Adam came in a limo, and
didnt stop.

I came back to the hotel to let you all know the news. Im off back
downtown now to see tonights show (i scored a ticket behind the
stage!). Ill post details when I can

Thanks

Adam

I know to take anything Bono says at face value, but it just seems to be another positive piece of rumour/news to add to the puzzle.

Oh and what does everyone make of the E-Online rumour about Mexico next year? I know it's E-Online and the Mexico rumours have been floating around for ages, but at the same time they talk about having it confirmed by the concert promoter - surely they couldn't falsify that? (although stranger things have happened.) Because if U2 do Mexico our chances are increased exponentially (obviously).

I hope there's an announcement soon...

Javin said:
Yeah thats a strange one. Sanity have the contents and picture of the dvd. Yet HMV had it listed weeks before them, had 14th as the date of release and now today it's changed to the 21st. But they still have no graphics or info of the setlist. Got me

Probabley best to call up or go in an ask..I might do that in a couple of days. None the less, it should be worth the wait :)

He could have been just blowing me off, but that's not like Bono to do that - in my opinion

Can I ask what Planet this guy is from?....

miracledrug83 said:
I know to take anything Bono says at face value, but it just seems to be another positive piece of rumour/news to add to the puzzle.

If you read further in to the Yahoo Australia posts someone commented that what else could Bono say? The fan had flown from Australia. Bono couldn't really turn around and say "No, were not playing Australia". It would have killed the fans enthusiasm.

Not that I'm suggesting Bono would lie. Rather that hes an "unreliable witness". :wink:

Shag On A Rock said:

Maybe we need a Plan B. If U2 don't tour maybe we could all still meet up in Sydney or Melbourne anyway and do something else.

We could all fly to New Zealand for a game of cricket! :hyper:

Axver said:

We could all fly to New Zealand for a game of cricket! :hyper:

:spew: I couldn't think of anything worse :happy:

How about we go to Sydney, go for a swim, visit the Powerhouse Museum, and then go out for dinner?

Or visit Melbourne and eat our way along Lygon street? :drool:

Powerhouse - look at planes hanging from ceilings :ohmy:

How about we go to Melb where we can eat Lygon Street and look at Charlene's wedding dress? :hyper: And then go to FountainGate?? :combust:

timothius said:
Not a good idea at this point. :mad:

We can play ourselves! We'll invade the Basin Reserve.

New Zealand U2 Fans First II vs Australian U2 Fans First V-or-so

Timo, I hope you can bat and field, because all I'm good for is bowling! :happy:

blueeyedgirl said:
Powerhouse - look at planes hanging from ceilings :ohmy:

How about we go to Melb where we can eat Lygon Street and look at Charlene's wedding dress? :hyper: And then go to FountainGate?? :combust:

Kewl! Well the eating, and the frock perving bit anyway. What's FountainGate?

Shag On A Rock said:

:spew: I couldn't think of anything worse :happy:

How about we go to Sydney, go for a swim, visit the Powerhouse Museum, and then go out for dinner?

Or visit Melbourne and eat our way along Lygon street? :drool:

If we must stay in the convict colony, then let's go spend a day riding on Melbourne's trams scaring strangers! :happy:

Axver said:

We can play ourselves! We'll invade the Basin Reserve.

New Zealand U2 Fans First II vs Australian U2 Fans First V-or-so

Timo, I hope you can bat and field, because all I'm good for is bowling! :happy:

I have limited 3D vision so I can't judge distances eg I can't tell when I'm about to be whacked in the head with a squash ball. Is this a problem?

I could count the seagulls :hmm:

timothius said:
We can go do the big Crowded House Locations tour of Sydney & Melbourne. :hyper:

:hyper: And kidnap Neil and Co. to play a gig for us! :hyper:

Shag On A Rock said:

I have limited 3D vision so I can't judge distances eg I can't tell when I'm about to be whacked in the head with a squash ball. Is this a problem?

I could count the seagulls :hmm:

Great! I can bowl to you!

I have no distance or depth perception myself, so can everyone bowl nice and slow to me? The Kiwi team is a mere First II so I think we should get a handicap. The Aussies deserve none. :evil:

Axver said:

If we must stay in the convict colony, then let's go spend a day riding on Melbourne's trams scaring strangers! :happy:

Actually, Victoria was never a convict colony. It was populated by free settlers.

/nerdiness

Trams scare me. I don't like the whole standing in the middle of the road waiting bit.

timothius said:

:mad:

He doesn't live in Melbourne anymore. :rolleyes:

However I do know the address of the house where Tim/Neil recorded the Woodface sessions, we can bow down and stuff. :hyper:

I never said we were kidnapping him from Melbourne. We kidnap him beforehand and get him to take us for a guided tour of the locations before playing a gig for us. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom