ATYCLB Symbols?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
I'm sorry if there has been a thread about this already but I can't find one...does anyone have pictures of the symbols from this album? I assume one would be the heart in the suitcase. I just saw this in an article and was interested in what symbols they are talking about? I don't have the liner notes anymore so I can't look and see if there's anything there...

"This latest album unsurprisingly includes references to some of the political causes to which the band are strongly committed. The song 'Walk On' is dedicated to Aung San Suu Kyi who is a leading figure in the pro-democracy movement in Burma and has been under virtual house arrest since 1989. Because ATYCLB highlights the injustices present in Burma, the government there have banned it from sale and threatened anyone found in possession of it with a lengthy jail sentence. Each song on the LP has an individual icon associated with it, the one for 'Walk On' appropriately being the candle and barbed wire symbol for Amnesty International. "

I've got them all... I can post them in a bit!

symbolallthatyoucantleavebehindblac.jpg

atyclbbd.gif

Beautiful Day

atyclbstuckinmoment.gif

Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
( :hmm: actually this one should have a dot in the center)

atyclbelevation.gif

Elevation

You're very welcome!

Wow at first I didn't see the beak on the Grace bird on the album because the symbols are sooo small! But it is there!

Here are a few more things for fun...

atyclbgif.gif

atyclbsuitcase.gif

SymbolAllthatyoucantleavebehindred.jpg

atyclbElevationred.jpg

I wonder how many "heart in a suitcase" tattoos there are out there (or even the dove for Grace). Contemplating ... contemplating ...

That's why I wanted the pictures of the symbols :lol: Contemplating doing tiny on the inside of my wrist the suitcase, dove, and amnesty symbol. Or maybe just the dove :shrug:

The company I work for (Disney) doesn't allow visible tats. The one I do have is very well hidden, haha.

I've always thought I'd like a small traditional bluebird on my hand, right below where my thumb and "pointer" finger meet.

Back
Top Bottom