Ashlee's a great role model

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
Is Ashlee Simpson's nose growing? Certainly not after she had it surgically shortened and straightened - mere weeks after telling the new Marie Claire magazine: "Everyone is made differently, and that's what makes us beautiful and unique. I want girls to look in the mirror and feel confident." Yesterday her flack explained: "Ashlee is a beautiful person inside and out." But maybe the lip-synching pop tart should get her story as straight as her schnoz.

Well I see nothing wrong with her getting her nose fixed if it bothered her-what we say should be the case for girls/women and for ourselves and what we believe and think about ourselves aren't always the same.

I think she might also possibly have some self-image issues because of her parents and sister. I'm speculating obviously because I don't know what really goes on, but that show sure made it seem like they favored Jessica and that Ashlee was always somehow in her shadow. It must be tough when people are constantly comparing her to Jessica.

I agree, but don't go around celebrating our uniqueness and the beauty in our flaws and then get a nose job.

Well like I was trying to say, what we say should be and how we feel and what we do are sometimes two different things. Self image for many women is a very complicated issue, especially for someone her age. Perhaps she has issues just like many other girls/women, and I cut her slack for that :) It's easy to make statements regarding your ideal of what should be regarding looks and self esteem for girls, dealing with personal issues is a whole other story. Yes people will say she's a hypocrite, but that's the way things go sometimes.

this must be the thread where we judge ashlee for something that is none of our business.

i agree with MrsS.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Well like I was trying to say, what we say should be and how we feel and what we do are sometimes two different things. Self image for many women is a very complicated issue, especially for someone her age. Perhaps she has issues just like many other girls/women, and I cut her slack for that :) It's easy to make statements regarding your ideal of what should be regarding looks and self esteem for girls, dealing with personal issues is a whole other story. Yes people will say she's a hypocrite, but that's the way things go sometimes.

Pretty much a "do as I say, not as I do" which so many celebrities are guilty of these days :|

ashlee-simpson.gif
ashlee-simpson.gif
ashlee-simpson.gif
ashlee-simpson.gif
ashlee-simpson.gif
ashlee-simpson.gif
ashlee-simpson.gif

Last edited:
Although I think she looks better now,
ashlee-simpson-sunfest-59.jpg

For a young woman I had respect for her that she was comfortable with herself. I have a similar nose like her and was glad to see it didn't bother her. Then she changes and my respect went right out the window.

On the other hand, I can understand her not being comfortable with her looks and wanting to change them. :huh: :ohmy:

Why are we wasting our time on Ashlee Simpson?!?!?!? I could give a crap about anything she does and for her to actually be taken seriously as a role model for our youth is a joke...

ljclary said:
Why are we wasting our time on Ashlee Simpson?!?!?!? I could give a crap about anything she does and for her to actually be taken seriously as a role model for our youth is a joke...

because wheather we like it or not, she is a part of pop culture. And I for one am fascinated by talentless celebrities who are media whores and try to get the publicity and paparazzi follow them......and then just wait for them to make spectacles of themselves in the public light and blame the media for everything.

Back
Top Bottom