Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
intedomine said:
I can't believe they football with a helmet!

:eyebrow:

yea those pansies...

3/4rs of the NFL's quarterbacks have concuscion problems with helmets.

american football is much different than rugby or australian rules football or whatever else ya wanna compare it to... the players are bigger, stronger and faster... if they played without helmets, at least a handful of players would die every season.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

don't be sleepin' on carolina...
:yawn: Panthers are happy the Dolphins are currently regarded as the worst team in the NFL right now, they get to battle the 49ers next Sunday to see who is #30 and who is #31.
I can see the chants from Charlotte if they win..."We're #30, We're #30!"
They're problem is they treated a preseason game vs Team Dynasty as a Superbowl rematch, got so revved up and happy they won against practice squadders that they forgot to come out and play the regular season.

DaveC said:
Ben Roethlisburger in 5 years = Dan Marino

Bet on it. :wink:
Since Disco Dan never won a Superbowl, I might tend to agree here.
BTW...Cowher has told his players to reserve rooms in Jacksonville for SuperBowl week already.

Hewson said:
:yawn: Panthers are happy the Dolphins are currently regarded as the worst team in the NFL right now, they get to battle the 49ers next Sunday to see who is #30 and who is #31.
I can see the chants from Charlotte if they win..."We're #30, We're #30!"
They're problem is they treated a preseason game vs Team Dynasty as a Superbowl rematch, got so revved up and happy they won against practice squadders that they forgot to come out and play the regular season.

bah stop bringing up quotes i made in week 1 :madspit:

This is where the Giants see if they developed any depth...a huge reason the Pats have been successful the past few years is depth, they've overcome lots of injuries, including not having their top 3 corners against the Lambs and using Troy Brown as a DB. The Giants should put Amani Toomer at DE.

As for Wannstedt, he should have been canned after the 2002 season and again last year, the Dolphins are an organization in disarray.

As do Belichick and Pioli.
Winning and treating your players well helps, some of the Pats could likely make a few more dollars elsewhere, but choose to stay and play here. Tedy Bruschi is a good example, negotiated his own deal without an agent, making good money but probably less than a free agent deal with another team would have netted him, but he said he likes where he's at, money is not the most important thing and he's happy. That attitude is fairly common in the Pats locker room, and the few who don't share it (Ted Washington) can seek more money and play for the hapless Raiders.

Do you snort crack...my knowledge of it (gained from several movies) is that you smoke it.
Either way...terrible clock management by QC and the J-E-T-S.

How do you let yourself lose in OT on a safety??

Hewson said:
Do you snort crack...my knowledge of it (gained from several movies) is that you smoke it.
Either way...terrible clock management by QC and the J-E-T-S.

How do you let yourself lose in OT on a safety??

when the Jets were in OT with the ball on their own 5 yard line and Quincy Crackhead scrambling in the endzone, i asked my friend "hey... has an overtime game ever ended with a safety?"

low and behold, the bears go on and win the game in OT with a safety later that day... only the second time it's happened in NFL history.

Now had QC been sacked for a safety and 2 games ended in an OT safety, that would have been something....armageddon type stuff...kinda like the Red Sox winning the World Series while the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man ravages NYC.

A strange day in the NFL...al 3 OT games ended regulation at 17-17, and at 4:00 you had 2 games that almost ended up 17-17, the Cards/GMen had Warner driven them to a tying FG and the Bungles?Deadskins had Washington had time for a tying TD.

If I were a betting man I might play 1717 in the daily number lottery tonight.

Hewson said:
Now had QC been sacked for a safety and 2 games ended in an OT safety, that would have been something....armageddon type stuff...kinda like the Red Sox winning the World Series while the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man ravages NYC.

A strange day in the NFL...al 3 OT games ended regulation at 17-17, and at 4:00 you had 2 games that almost ended up 17-17, the Cards/GMen had Warner driven them to a tying FG and the Bungles?Deadskins had Washington had time for a tying TD.

If I were a betting man I might play 1717 in the daily number lottery tonight.

i am a betting man, so i will do just that.

eli looking good.

can someone please shut shanne sharpe up and kick him off the cbs show? talk about a moron. all year i've tried to like him, but he just sucks.

those ravens looked pretty good today too. :wink:

so headache what are people up in new york saying about the qb situation now?

do they think it was a mistake to go to eli in the middle of a playoff race, do they want warner back now or keep going with eli?

Back
Top Bottom