arcade fire question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

villy

Babyface
Hi! I haven't post here for a while but now I have a question that I'm sure some one of you U2 fans can answer. I know that before every concert in this tour wake up from arcade fire it is played, but how much of the song did we hear before it stopped before the best band of the world started playing?????
I went for the first time to their concert last 2nd of march in buenos aires but I can't remember that, I suppoussed because I was so nervous!!
thanks for the one that try and answer me!!!:wink:

And getting back to villy's question...

villy said:
I know that before every concert in this tour wake up from arcade fire it is played, but how much of the song did we hear before it stopped before the best band of the world started playing?????
I went for the first time to their concert last 2nd of march in buenos aires but I can't remember that, I suppoussed because I was so nervous!!
thanks for the one that try and answer me!!!:wink:

The intro went on for abou 50 seconds-1 minute... I think. Need to check some boots. :der:

3 minutes 40 seconds Chicago 4 leg 1 :shrug:

EDIT to add. This is the start of Wake Up to it fading into Everyone. I think it varied somewhat from show to show though.

Last edited:
Thanks!!! so just a little bit of the lyrics part and then the Vertigo began
thanks a lot
what a moment... when wake up satrted and you know the concert will begin in a couple of more seconds. !

In Cardiff, the song went for 3 minutes, then U2 came on stage, another 20 seconds of ohhhhhhhh-ohhhhhhhh etc. before the band started. No "everyone"s

angelordevil said:

believe me, i wasn't being sarcastic.

the only question i had was whether i say radiohead, or maybe broken social scene/wilco/arcade fire etc.

It varied at the shows I attended, but there was Everyone, Everyone EVERY ONE at each show I was at.....it became such a part of that excitement just before U2 took stage and the magic happened. :wink:

During the EU Concerts, where they didn't use the "Everyone" intro, you could tell that they used a special remix!

If you listen to the original, after the 2 "oh oh"s in the end, the opera kind of part starts...

During the EU concerts, which I at least visited, they would enter the stage at those "oh oh"s but while they tuned it down, you could still hear it going on (without the opera part)...

they just extended the end a bit so they have their time to come on stage.

Back
Top Bottom