anyone seen an MSG concert from a rear view?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmulhall

Babyface
Hi- I am a newbie here. I got my husband tickets on ebay to surprise him and I thought I was buying tickets at section 63 which was a side view, but then realized that they were actually portal box seats over section 63 which is near 112. that is actually a rear view. I understand that U2 has an open stage, and I am ashamed to say I have never seen them although I am a fan, its really a surprise for my husband who is a life long-huge fan. I am just wondering if these are going to be any good or if i should try and resell these and get something else facing the stage.
Any suggestions from anyone who has seen them play at MSG or any other open stage setting would be so helpful. I really don't want to dump good seats, but I would hate to surprise him with the back of a speaker :) or the back of Bono's head. I think we'd rather be able to at least see the screens then nothing at all.. Thanks guys...I am very confused- your my last hope- I tried the ticketmaster route as you all did for tickets and we all know how successful that was.. ebay and the brokers my only options.
Di

dmulhall said:
Hi- I am a newbie here. I got my husband tickets on ebay to surprise him and I thought I was buying tickets at section 63 which was a side view, but then realized that they were actually portal box seats over section 63 which is near 112. that is actually a rear view. I understand that U2 has an open stage, and I am ashamed to say I have never seen them although I am a fan, its really a surprise for my husband who is a life long-huge fan. I am just wondering if these are going to be any good or if i should try and resell these and get something else facing the stage.
Any suggestions from anyone who has seen them play at MSG or any other open stage setting would be so helpful. I really don't want to dump good seats, but I would hate to surprise him with the back of a speaker :) or the back of Bono's head. I think we'd rather be able to at least see the screens then nothing at all.. Thanks guys...I am very confused- your my last hope- I tried the ticketmaster route as you all did for tickets and we all know how successful that was.. ebay and the brokers my only options.
Di

Go to http://www.thegarden.com/seating.html and click on the MSG seating chart for concerts at the arena and then click on your section. If you're actually IN section 63, you have great seats. Edge side, right next to the stage. If you're in 112, they're still good, just a little bit behind. Still fairly close, and don't change your mind until after the first show to actually see what the stage set up will be, you may have fantastic seats.

What did the ebayer/scalper charge you, just out of curiosity?

i have sat behind the stage for a dave matthews show. it sucked. the sound was absolutely terrible despite having speakers for the rear section.

the relevance of that might be small however as I'm pretty confident in U2 providing a good sound system for all.

I will wait until the may shows

I ended up paying 150 for each ticket so for the 300 I am ok with it. It was 500 but because of the confusion with the seat location the guy tool 200 off which was pretty stand up. I didn't try to back out of the auction because that would have been wrong so he did his part on his side. Servo- hopefully we'll find someone going in may going in this section and they can give us an idea. I saw a picture someone took of an msg open stage and it looked like every seat was unbelievable so maybe I am in the clear i wish someone- I thouht someone on this site would have seen them there, maybe I should post the question different.
thanks guys, i'm goijng to try to post it a different way.
Di

I did the viewer thing on thegarden.com and my jaw dropped with the view...then I went back to see the Boston DVD and if it is still in the round and open....Bono will be coming toward this area. Oh sweet. :combust:

Boston GA will be another experience. :love:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom