Ali Thread #10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But... it's my first day!

first post!! :hyper:

holy cow, is Ali like the most beautiful woman of all time?!?

I can't believe how hot she is! :heart:

Lucky boy Bono!

oh, thankyou very much - I better get typing if I'm gonna catch up with you! 43,630.. just.. wow

I had to register to proclaim my admiration of this beauty! -

[EDIT: The one on the left!
biggrin2.gif
Sorry Bono, I love ya man :wink:]

59227EX_BONO_B-GR_03.jpg

I thought about doing that before posting the pic, but really it's all over the web now. Do we know for sure it's his own car?

I don't think we know. A report before the wedding from a family member said he had not heard anything about U2/Bono performing.

Doesn't mean Bono didn't pick up the mic and have a go tho. :wink:

Haven't heard if he did yet. Here is an article about the wedding

It's a beautiful day as Bono and the boys make it to Andrea's wedding

U2 put 360 tour on hold for a more important engagement

Herald.ie, August 21, 2009
By: Lisa Marie Berry​

Blushing bride Andrea Corr received an extra special wedding gift when close friend Bono made it to the Church on time.
There had been fears that the U2 frontman would not be able to attend the nuptials of Andrea and Brett Desmond because of work commitments -- but the singer pulled out all the stops to ensure he was there for her big day.
U2 are currently wowing British fans on the UK leg of their 360 tour and a source explained that Bono faced a "very tight window of time" to make it from the wedding in time for his next concert performance. The band were due in Sheffield tonight.
However, Bono was determined to make the celebrations and all members of the band have jetted in for Andrea's big day.
Today is a double celebration for Bono who also celebrates his 20th wedding anniversary with Ali Hewson.
"He's delighted that he is able to make it," said a source close to the band.
And Andrea's brother Jim revealed: "All the members of U2 are coming."
But he added: "I read that Bono might be performing -- it's the first I have heard of it."
And he added the family has no plans to perform.
"I'd say I'll be launching into a couple of pints at the bar.
"We will be taking a day of from work. After all, it is the last girl in the band to get married."
Jim said he could not be happier that his beautiful little sister is marrying one of his best friends Brett Desmond -- who is the son of billionaire Dermot Desmond.
He said: "I've known Brett longer than Andrea. He's a very good friend and is such a lovely guy."
Last night, the wedding party was brought to the Church in three Mercedes.
Andrea beamed for waiting cameras and she and her husband-to-be had a dry run for their big day.
Security
However, well-wishers and celebrity spotters look set to be disappointed, with massive security in place to keep the happy couple and their guests away from prying eyes.
However, locals in Miltown Malbay are smitten with the couple, with one local saying: "They were all absolutely lovely, no airs or graces, and she (Andrea) looks lovely."
The blushing bride rolled down her window to accept congratulations from a group of well wishers that gathered on the Church grounds.
© Herald.ie, 2009.

I thought about doing that before posting the pic, but really it's all over the web now. Do we know for sure it's his own car?

There a few ppl in the world who can afford a $125K plus auto.....

plus its been mentioned in many, many articles about what kind of car he drives and thats definately a Maseratti they are walking by.

Masseratti = :drool:---I'm not sure which I'd have first---Bono or the car :lol:

Oh yeah I know he drives that, but I'm sure there were more people at THAT function who could afford one than just Bono. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that car is the same color as his from the pics I have seen of his car

Then I'm moving to Ireland to find all of the guys that can afford that car......:wink:

joking

just move to Phoenix :flirt:....I worked at a resort not too far from the downtown area and on any given Saturday the parking lot was packed with this car, BMW's, Mercedes, Jaguars, etc. :crazy: It was unreal how much money was sitting in that parking lot......

Thanks for the photos people and the article :D

Heres another article of bono too.
Andrea Corr marries stockbroker

(UKPA) – 1 day ago

Andrea Corr's wedding to stockbroker Brett Desmond has transformed an Irish village into a celebrity-watchers' paradise.

The singer kept Brett Desmond and a star-studded guest list that included Bono and golfer Padraig Harrington waiting a nail-biting 30 minutes.

And at risk of breaking wedding etiquette, the U2 frontman almost stole the show as he pulled up with wife Ali in a sleek Italian Maserati sports car.

Singing sensation Andrea, a chart-topper with her family in the late 1990s, waved to hundreds of cheering fans as she calmly strolled into St Joseph's Church in Miltown Malbay, Co Clare.

Hundreds of fans stood outside the church, snapping the arrivals, including comedian Patrick Kielty.

Andrea shot to stardom in the 1990s with her sisters Caroline, Sharon and brother Jim with the group The Corrs, releasing several hit singles.

The couple are notoriously private and their wedding plans were a closely guarded secret. But it didn't deter hundreds of locals and fans.

The service lasted around an hour and when the happy couple emerged they kissed for the waiting public, who then swarmed the church grabbing flowers decorating the aisles as mementoes of the day.

The couple were whisked out the gates but Andrea rolled down her window as she left, smiling and waving to adoring locals.

Bono earned almost as much attention as he drove away, with four security guards having to flank his luxurious Maserati car to keep the crowd at bay. Rumours are rife the U2 frontman is providing some of the entertainment at the luxurious Doonbeg Hotel and Golf club before he jets to Cardiff for the next leg of his band's 360 tour.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gdqFFG6xU3Yz7vREMKPezQjZNFgQ

VIDEO
Heres the link to Andreas Wedding there and showing Bono too.
http://www.tv3.ie/xpose.php?video=12778&locID=1.65.68

Love all the recent pics! I was hoping there would be some when I got back from my vacation and I am not disappointed.

I've been getting my hair cut like Ali's is now, sort of between shoulder and chin length (closer to shoulder) with lots of layers, and I love it this way. I don't do anything to it, the shorter length and the layers make it wave on it's own (previously my hair was quite a bit longer but lacked body, just kinda hung limp). Now I just blow dry, flip my head upside down, fluff the hair, side part, and sometimes put a clip on one side and my hair actually has some shape! Should have done this a lot sooner! Thanks Ali.

The article above says Bono and Ali have their 20th wedding anniversary when it's their 27th :doh:

Anyway: Happy Anniversary. And nice to spend it at a ... wedding. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom