Ahh yes, time for yet another meeting of the Macphisto Society darlings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*As Bluephisto finishes the song, Bonaphisto turns to MacPhisto and rests a hand on his shoulder*

Bonaphisto: You see? Did you honestly think that she could ever stand somebody like the Fly? Especially over someone as charming as you are? You silly devil...
MacPhisto: I was mistaken...
Bonaphisto: Gravely mistaken. Larry was going to correct you, you know he knew exactly what was wrong just by looking at you. He'd been watching the same scene and if you'd have stayed just a bit longer you'd have seen that she told him to go away.
MacPhisto: Why didn't he say anything?
Bonaphisto: Because he knew nothing he said would convince you. *Leans over and plants a kiss on his cheek* Now, you have some reconciliation to do.
*She rises and leaves MacPhisto sitting there, head in his hands. She strides over to Larry, who has been watching her from a distance.*

Larry: Looks like you got through to him.
Bonaphisto: Yeah, after Bluey's song it was the only way he'd listen.
*There is a breif silence between the two. Larry's arm finds its way around her waist and he leans in and whispers to her, asking her if she'd like to dance. They head out onto the floor as a slow swing tune starts to play. BluePhisto has made her way over to MacPhisto and the two are talking frantically, almost in argument. Larry pulls Bonaphisto closer to him and they dance. Suddenly Bonaphisto feels a hand on her shoulder, and she spins around to find a man dressed entirely in silver, from the suit pants up to the large brimmed hat he wears. He dons black sunglasses and has several chains around his neck. He smiles at her frankly and half-flirtatiously.*

Man: Bonaphisto, Larry... what a pleasure.
Bonaphisto: Mirrorball man?
Mirrorball: None other. *grins flirtatiously*
Larry: It's been ages...

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Originally posted by Echo:

Echo: It wasn't always like that... Once...

(To be continued...)

*But EchoPhisto does not have the opportunity to finish her sentence. Edge sees that he is wanted elsewhere. Acting as though Echo isn't there at all, he slips behind the bar to grab an acoustic guitar and joins Bluephisto for a song.*

*BluePhisto has a beautiful voice. EchoPhisto is not easily impressed by female voices, but Blue's sincerity alone breathes life into her song. It is surreal to hear Blue singing ABOUT someone from EchoPhisto's past, and WITH someone from the present. Echo can hardly stand to wait for the tune to end. When it does, she glances biterly at MacPhisto, with tears streaming down his face. Edge heads back behind the bar. Echo follows.*

*When Edge sees her approach him, his expression is one of surprise, as though he expected that just getting up and walking away would prompt her to disappear forever.*

Echo: You don't understand! I haven't always been LIKE this. There was a time when the things I felt were so pure and consuming that they couldn't be expressed with...words. Do you SEE that man over there? (Points at MacPhisto, now in BluePhisto's arms.) His love for her may be sincere, but I was not so fortunate. All this talk of casting out devils and corrupting angels. How could I have known better? I'm only a human...

*Edge looks away and begins to fix himself another drink.*

Echo: I didn't know anything about love. MacPhisto was the first...When he left, I changed. Suddenly, too much was not enough. I practically had to have a revolving door installed in my boudoir. Hell, I could tell you a few secrets about some of the partygoers here tonight. You see that short blonde over there, in the dragon mask? He might have loved me, if he could have come untied from his mother's apron strings. And see that one across the room, in the horns?

Edge: The redhead?
Echo: No, the OTHER one in the horns.
Edge: (Points) Him?
Echo: THAT man liked to do it with all the lights on, which I thought flattering until I found out it is because he's afraid of the dark. (Laughs softly to herself) That's all these boys were...an inventory of interchangable facts and faces amidst a whirlwind of emotion. Months of agony and seconds of ecstasy...and then one day it stopped...I looked over at the young man in my bed, and I felt nothing at all. I threw him out and I have not so much as touched anyone - angel, devil, or human - since.

*Edge takes a drink, but his eyes are on EchoPhisto's face. The intensity of those eyes makes Echo stumble, for the first time.*

Echo: Do you...Do...you know...what it's like to never have physical contact with anyone, ever?
Edge: I've always been more fortunate than that.
Echo: I HAD to have my words. Words filled in the empty spaces. They protected me, and for years. But now...

*Just as Edge sets his drink down, Echo grabs him by the wrist. Her hand is like ice, even in this room warmed by love and drama and fire. Echo slides her hand down into his.*

Echo: When I saw you at that party weeks ago I knew I had to have you. Tell me...

*Echo steps closer, until she can smell the liquor on Edge's breath.*

Echo: What is it like to be the only person who can make a woman feel...anything at all?

*There is a long silence. Edge's eyes seem to soften. EchoPhisto can look into those pupils, dilated in the dimness, and see the thoughts behind them, running a mile a minute. He slowly pulls their entwined hands towards his chest. She leans forward, ever so slightly, expecting the kiss of Reconsideration. But Edge wrests his hand from hers, gathers up his drink, and steps past her. As he walks away, he calls back to her:*

Edge: It's not polite to monopolize someone's attention at a social gathering.

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
[B BluePhisto has made her way over to MacPhisto and the two are talking frantically, almost in argument.
[/B]
* After she sang her song, Bluephisto made her way through the congratulatory crowds foisting champange and martinis on her to the couch where Macphisto sits, his head in his large hands*
Macphisto: * Recognizing the hem of her dress, stands and faces her. He tries to remember not to reach for her hands or to touch her, lest one of his more mallicious associates sees his very geniune affection for her. He speaks softly* I have never been so angry...ever.
Bluephisto: * Outraged* Why!? I didn't do anything! I told him to leave me alone, how could you ever ever think that I would prefer him over you. How could you ever think even for a moment that I could ever...with anyone !? You must not think very highly of me!
Macphisto: I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. I saw him...and you were laughing. I left before I made a scene. *He moves closer to her, as close as he possibly can without touching her* I locked myself in the room, and wanted to kill him...you see, darling, devils are different than angels. We have only ever experienced a world shut away from all heavenly things. Most of us do not miss it, never having known it. But I felt it just then, the pain of being removed from the only piece of heaven I have almost killed me, and I wished that I had never loved you at all so I would not know what it is like to be shut away from you. *Macphisto can no longer stop himself from taking Bluephisto in his arms and holding her as he whispers the rest of his speech into her ear* I left the room, trying to undo everything. I tried to pretend that you didn't exist. But I can't, I was actually frightened for the first time because I realize that I could not just un-feel, even when it is painful or inconvienent. I am caught. I am irreversibly in love with you. I shudder to think that even if you hated me and never wanted to see me again, this feeling would not go away.
Bluephisto: *Very moved by his words* Macky, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you...
Macphisto: *Releases Bluephisto from his embrace and looks around furtively* I am sorry too, I should not have held you just now. I don't think anyone saw. Meet me in my room in five minutes, I want to give you something.
Bluephisto: Yes, of course.
*Macphisto wanders off nonchalantly, picking up a martini and chatting to guests before he enters his room and shuts the door*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-28-2001).]

*As BluePhisto and MacPhisto end their conversation and MacPhisto walks away, Bluephisto notices Mirrorball Man across the room. She rises, and crosses the room to where Bonaphisto, Larry and Mirrorball Man all stand, chatting amiably. Mirrorball Man turns and sees Bluephisto.*

Mirrorball Man: Bluey! My you're lookin' well tonight.
Bluephisto: *laughs elegantly* Why, thank you darling.
*Mirrorball man kisses her hand as she replies*
Bluephisto: I must admit I'm a bit surprised to see you here. And after all these years too! What, I wonder, have you been doing all this time?
Mirrorball Man: The usual. *wink* Stealin' hearts at travellin' shows, women, ye know...
Bluephisto: Hm, some things never change, I suppose. Well, I must be going, someone needs to speak with me in the other room. *she turns to leave, and immediately walks into a large figure. He looms over her and she recognizes him immediately. She gasps, and he speaks slowly, deliberately, softly.*
Figure: You bet they do.
Bluephisto: Whatever could the problem be?
Figure: You and MacPhisto... I witnessed your little exchange over there... the way he held you.
BluePhisto: "Exchange?!" *laughs* I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.
Figure: Yes you do. Come with me.
*He leads her over to MacPhisto's room, knocks on the door softly. MacPhisto answers, and is taken aback at Bluephisto's company.*

MacPhisto: Screwtape. Why hello, I wasn't expecting your company, I must admit.
Screwtape: Cut the crap, Mac, I know about the two of you.
MacPhisto: What about the two of us?
Screwtape: I've been building suspicions all night, and the evidence now is all too clear. I watched you during the Fly incident, and I know you well enough to know that you would never brood that kind of anger toward so small an incident unless your feelings were drastic. I've seen the look on your face when you look at her, and i saw the way you kissed her tonight. Mr. MacPhisto, I've seen all the evidence, and I have confirmed that the two of you are in love.
MacPhisto: *After a long silence of contemplation and every ounce of hope has left his pale face* Yes, it's true.
Screwtape: Mr. MacPhisto, I trained you and I am sickened by this... after you've had such an excellent record! If the Father below finds out, which no doubt the news is already on it's way...

*All color has left Bluephisto's already pale cheeks, and she stands shell shocked, still and unable to move.*

*Bonaphisto and Larry stand motionless for a moment, and Mirrorball Man has made his way to the bar and is fixing himself a drink.*

Larry: Who, may I ask, was that?
Bonaphisto: That, Larry Mullen, was Sr. Devil Screwtape.
Larry: Like C.S. Lewis' novel?
Bonaphisto: Yes, THE Screwtape. He was furious when that book came out, you have no idea.
Larry: I can imagine. What do you think will happen to them?
Bonaphisto: No idea, Larry. Whatever happens, it's not good. But there's not much we can do anyway.
*Bonaphisto is suddenly worried, and Larry senses that.*

*She turns around and wraps her arms around his waist again. He pulls her closer to him and plants a kiss on her lips, and they begin to sway again to another Louis Armstrong tune, remaining just that way, holding each other tightly and light kisses, occasionally yeilding to a more passionate one.*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonavoix:

Screwtape: Mr. MacPhisto, I trained you and I am sickened by this... after you've had such an excellent record! If the Father below finds out, which no doubt the news is already on it's way...
Macphisto: What do you mean? Who have you told?
Screwtape: None of your business my dear boy. None of your business.
Macphisto: Fine. Your ambigiuty is horrifyingly clear. What do you want?
Screwtape: Ah, Macphisto, you always were one of my smarter students...such a pity you had to embarass yourself with this primate.
* Bluephisto is relieved, Screwtape thinks she is a human*.
Macphisto: Get to the point.
Screwtape: Fine. As you yourself said in such a touching manner just a few scant minutes ago, this human has given you a, what did you say, "glimpse of heaven" or some such nonsense...Well, I don't think that you should be so greedy.
Macphisto: *Darkening* What do you mean?
Screwtape: Well, maybe I too wouldn't mind *He glances at Bluephisto* glimpsing heaven. I'm only asking you to share...
Macphisto: No.
Screwtape: Oh come now...don't be so sentimental. We both win, I satisfy my curiousity and you can snap out of this disgusting haze that you are in.
Macphisto: Absolutely not. Get out.
Screwtape: *Moving deliberately towards Bluephisto*Mr Macphisto, you should reconsider, I only want her soul and you can have the rest when I'm through...although, *He gives Bluephisto an appraising look with cold black eyes* I can see the appeal of them both...For a human she is quite appitizing.
*Several things happen at once, Screwtape reaches to grab Bluephisto by the arm and Macphisto simultaneously reaches for Screwtape's neck. Before either can happen, however, Bluephisto raises a hand and Macphisto is instantly unconscious. Screwtape halts, confused and looks to see where Macphisto landed but Bluephisto has already carried him to the bed and laid him there. She then turns to Screwtape with a sigh.*
Bluephisto: Well, that was a stupid thing to do.
Screwtape: How did you do that?
Bluephisto: It's all in the wrist...*She looks at him calmly* Do you know who I am?
Screwtape: You are Macphisto's latest lover.
Bluephisto: Hmm, I was looking for a different answer...you really don't know? *Bluephisto sits on the desk*.Tell me something Screwtape, when is the last time you felt really really stupid?
Screwtape: I don't follow you.
Bluephisto: Exactly. You can't. But I can follow you. I know you.
Screwtape: How?
Bluephisto: Let's just say I am a fantastic co-authour.
Screwtape: You little snitch. Who are you!?
Bluephisto: That my boy is none of your business. All you need to know is that you are having a very very bad day at work. Now tell me something, who have you told?
Screwtape: Why should I tell you?
*Bluephisto points at him and Screwtape starts to burn on the inside, it is all the horror of hell concentrated into one blistering sensation. Screwtape gasps and Bluephisto snaps her fingers, the burning stops, he falls to the floor*
Bluephisto: I can make that last forever. And you know what that means don't you?
Screwtape: You're one of them.
Bluephisto: Getting warmer. Who did you tell?
Screwtape: No one. I was bluffing. And if you try any more tricks on me, I will make you suffer...
Bluephisto: * She actually laughs a little at him* How are you going to do that you pathetic little paper pusher? Are you going to bore me to death or write me a nasty letter? Face it, what you need to fight me is not your department. And I am not entirely sure you are bluffing. * She burns him again and stops abruptly* One more second chance, who have you told?
Screwtape: Oh just alittle bird or two *Even in his exhaustion he lunges for a letter opener and plummets it towards Bluephisto's chest. Bluephisto grabs it away and uses it to slit his throat in one clean movement. Screwtape bleeds to death quickly and Bluephisto picks up the letter opener, wipes it off and puts it back on the desk. Once Screwtape is dead she waves her hand and transforms his corpse into dust on the floor in the middle of almost black blood. Just then, a concerned Larry raps on the door. Bluephisto cracks it open and asks for a mop and bucket of water. Curious Larry gets these items from Edge at the bar and enters the room, horrified at the blood*
Larry: Are you alright? Whose blood is that? Where is Macphisto?
Bluephisto: *Puts a finger to her red lips and says casually as she mops up the blood.* I killed Screwtape.
Larry: you what?
Bluephisto: I killed him.
Larry: You?
Bluephisto: *Sighs and looks at Larry wearily* You can keep a secret Lar, I trust you. I am not one of those christmas card harp playing angels.
Larry: No?
Bluephisto: No. I am an assassin. It's just my job, I've been doing it for 3000 years and I'm pretty good at it but I want to retire. Please don't tell anyone at all.
Larry: Ehm, yeah yeah okay. * He kind of backs away from her and she laughs*
Bluephisto: Oh Larry, you funny little boy. I'm not going to just go on a rampage here! I am one of those angels. You know, smiting the wicked etc. You're quite safe.
Larry: *relaxes and looks around* Okay, sure. Where is Mac?
Bluephisto: *gestures towards the bed and puts the mop back in the bucket* He's asleep.
Larry: *takes the bucket from her and furrows his brow* Devils don't sleep.
Bluephisto: *Shutting the door* I've introduced it to him, he loves it.
* Larry leaves and Bluephisto sighs and sits on the desk. She really wanted to retire and not smote anyone for a while, the boss was kind enough to give her a leave of abscence. She approached the bed and looked down at Macphisto, sleeping. He looked so calm and content. Bluephisto crawls into the bed beside him and closes her eyes*

*Larry carries the bucket of blood and ashes back to the bar and dumps it down the drain.*
Bonaphisto: Larry darling, what are you doing?
Larry: Emptying a bucket.
Bonaphisto: *Laughs* That much is evident...why are you emptying a bucket?
Larry: *Puts the bucket down* Ah, ya know, just cleaning up.
Bonaphisto:*delighted* Well, well, a man who cleans! Tell me *She puts her arms around him and looks seductively into his eyes* Do you cook too?
Larry: On occasion. *He hugs her protectively and tighly, glad that things are so simple between them and that Bonaphisto does not have a dangerous job like Bluephisto. He can't imagine having to worry that she might not come back whenever she left.*
Bonaphisto: What was that for?
Larry: Just glad that...I mean...I'm just happy. You know that I would never let anyone hurt you, right?
Bonaphisto: Aww, are we in an Elvis movie? Should I go get into my beach blanket bingo outfit now?
Larry: I'm serious, you know that I, I ...love you right? Because I do.
* Bonaphisto stares up at him, almost numb with happiness and smiles.*

*Bonaphisto leans up and brushes her lips across Larry's cheek, still pinned in his tight embrace. She whispers softly in his ear.*

Bonaphisto: I love you too, Larry. *she melts into his arms and he lifts her head and plants his lips firmly onto hers. They part after a few blissful minutes and she looks again into his face.* C'mon.
*She starts to lead him out of the room*

Larry: *smiling, knowing what's coming.* Where are we going?
*Bonaphisto leads him down a rather expansive hallway, the decor consisting of red and gold, the walls lined with paintings of MacPhisto himself, until they come to a door on the left side. Bonaphisto pulls out a key and unlocks the room. They enter, and Larry's jaw drops. What is set before him is a very large bedroom suite, the bed set in the center along the back wall, a very shiny grand piano set off to the side and a set of glass doors leading off to a balcony a bit further down. Bonaphisto disappears for a moment, and soon a soft piano concerto graces their ears. She returns, and has now changed into a gold silken robe. She shuts and locks the door behind them.*

Larry: The music... *looks almost displeased*
Bonaphisto: Ah, I do forget that you don't particularly care for Mozart... Would you rather I change it to something else?
Larry: Let me. *he kisses her again and moves off*
*Bonaphisto walks outside to the balcony, where the view includes the main lounge, and she stands and watches the party from a distance, seeing the Fly work his magic on several women at once. She hears Elvis' voice in the background, but she can't tell which song. Larry comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist*

Larry: What's so funny?
Bonaphisto: *gestures toward the window of the lounge* The Fly.
Larry: *watches then laughs lightly.* He's ridiculous.
*Larry starts planting little kisses on the back of her neck. Some peculiar movement catches Bonaphisto's eye suddenly. MacPhisto, walking determinedly through the lobby, Bluephisto close behind him, it appears that she's calling for him to stop. He waves her away with a gesture and continues to walk, disappearing into the hallway. Bonaphisto suddenly has a forboding feeling where he's headed. She moves away from Larry and back into the bedroom just in time to hear a knock at the door. She opens it and there stands MacPhisto, out of breath and appearing distraught.*

MacPhisto: *Looking directly at Larry* What happened to Screwtape?
*Larry stays silent for a moment, and MacPhisto turns his attention to Bonaphisto. She stands in her silk robe and he looks her over once and gives her the same flirtatious smile he'd been giving her for the past 3000 years.*
MacPhisto: Maybe you can tell me.
Bonaphisto: I thought he went to speak to you.
MacPhisto: *moving closer to her and whispering now as he plays with the collar of her robe* I think you know a lot more than you're telling me. *He stares into her eyes*
*Larry moves right up to MacPhisto, getting his attention*
Larry: She knows nothing.
MacPhisto: *looks at him with wide eyes* Wow, a little heavy on the cologne there don't you think, Lars?
Larry: Why are you so concerned anyway? He's off your back, nothin' to worry about you and Bluephisto, alright?
MacPhisto: *ignoring him momentarily, still having not moved his hand from Bonaphisto's collar* I mean if you thought you needed that to gain her attention then you must be lacking in something, wouldn't you say?
*Larry stares coldly at him*
MacPhisto: Screwtape is my boss. Without him Hell becomes even worse for me than it already is. Where is Screwtape?
*Larry stares at Bluephisto and Bonaphisto stares at Larry.*
Bonaphisto: Lars, what's happened?

*They are interrupted by a loud shout and MacPhisto spins around to see a junior devil standing in front of him, quite shaken and horrified.*
MacPhisto: Dorian, what is it?
Dorian: Master Screwtape has been killed.
*MacPhisto stares coldly for several minutes, then dismisses Dorian with a wave of his hand.*
MacPhisto: Thank you. Be gone.
*Dorian leaves*

*Bonaphisto's eyes widen, and Larry's stare never leaves Bluephisto. MacPhisto enters the room, needing no further explaination. He's smart enough to know that the only creature that could possibly kill a devil of Screwtape's status would be an angel. He moves about the room, examining every crack in the wall, and speaks softly.*
MacPhisto: Bona, I didn't think you remembered about this room.
Bonaphisto: How could I forget? It hasn't been that long since I last stayed here.
MacPhisto: True, true. *finally notices the Elvis music* Ah, Elvis Aaron Presley... I corrupted him myself, I must say I'm quite proud of that one. Nice touch, I must say... Larry that must have been your choice.
Larry: Yes it was.
MacPhisto: Bona, lovely do you remember our nights in this room?
Bonaphisto: Yes, Mackie.
*All three of the others, Bluephisto, Larry and Bonaphisto are wondering why Mac is ignoring the news about Screwtape. Mac sits on the edge of the bed, facing them and sighs elegantly.*
Larry: Excuse me, did you not hear that?
MacPhisto: Yes, I heard it, Larry. *He stares at Bluephisto, no expression on his face. He is not angry, nor is he particularly pleased, he is only numb. He moves his eyes back to Bonaphisto, and looks her over once again as if she were a piece of particularly delicious meat. Larry steps over to her and wraps his arms around her protectively. MacPhisto laughs.*
MacPhisto: A little cautious are we? Relax, I'm not going to devour her.
*He shifts his stare back to Bluephisto and again is numb, expressionless.*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-29-2001).]

*Macphisto continues to stare at Bluephisto, dumbfounded. No one knows what to do. Larry looks at Bluephisto in an apologetic way. Bluephisto waves it off*
Macphisto:*Quietly* I think everyone had better leave the room. Bluephisto here and I need to have a private conversation.
*Everyone shuffles out and closes the door. Bluephisto stands before Macphisto with her heart in her throat*
Macphisto: Darling....where do I begin. Yes, that's right do you have *He roars at her* ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!???
Bluephisto: I'm sorry.
Macphisto: Sorry? You're sorry. You somehow managed to kill my boss in my bedroom and you are sorry ? You managed to get rid of the only being in Hell that didn't want me dead. Tell me did you cross the t's and dot the i's when you signed my death warrant? I think the world of good penmanship...*Bluephisto starts to speak and Macphisto signals for her to be quiet*. No no dearest, I have a few questions for you. First of all, why did I wake up in bed? Last thing I remember is trying to protect you and then I wake up in bed?
Bluephisto: I put you to sleep. *Macphisto takes a cigar out of his jacket and lights it*
Macphisto: In front of my boss. You just put me to sleep like that.* She nods* Okay, fair enough answer. How about this question, why? * He takes a long drag of the cigar, tapping his foot like the tail of an angry cat*.
Bluephisto: I didn't want you to provoke him into a fight, you were reaching for his neck.
Macphisto: *Quickly and not looking at her*He was reaching for you what do you want me to do!? *He takes another drag of his cigar*. Go on. Tell me the story dear What happened next? You slept with him? What?
Bluephisto: Macphisto!
Macphisto: Sorry, sorry go on, go on.
Bluephisto: I put you on the bed, and then I talked to him.
Macphisto: Oh you talked to Screwtape? You my sweet little cherub just sat down after you carried me to the bed by yourself and had a nice conversation with my boss? What did you two talk about? Sports, the weather?
Bluephisto: I told him to tell me who he told about you and I.
Macphisto: *Laughs cruelly* Oh I bet he got a kick out of that! I can see you now telling him he's a big mean devil and he should tell you everything or you won't like him anymore! Did you threaten to play your harp at him?
Bluephisto: Mac...
Macphisto: *Becoming increasingly angry* Just skip to the good stuff, when did you decide I don't need to exist anymore?
Bluephisto: He tried to kill me.
Macphisto: Screwtape isn't like that. *He blows smoke at her* He's a devil of words and thought, not of action. I have never seen him actually do anything. But regardless of what you say he did, here is the part that I just can't wrap my brain around...how ? I only assume you did it because it no human could have, none of the girls would have and thanks to you, I was asleep. So how in the wide world darling, did you manage to kill one of the most powerful demons of Hell? I am really confused.
Bluephisto: You aren't going to like the answer...
Macphisto: I think I can handle it dearest.
Bluephisto: *She walks up and down the room length for a minute and Macphisto becomes more interested when he sees the gravity of her expression. She sits on the bed facing Macphisto with her head in her hands. Just for a moment he finds himself drawn to her again, and softens. She raises her head, and begins to speak:* Macky...We have never talked very much about our lives before all this. I know there are things you don't want to tell me, so I never pressed for details. But there was something I didn't want to tell you, not right away.
Macphisto: *leans foreward* What?
Bluephisto: You asked me how I killed him. Well, he came at me with the knife and I disarmed him and slit his throat, then I turned him into ash. Larry came in and helped me clean up. *Macphisto is dumbfounded, he expected that she just got in a lucky blow or that Screwtape had somehow done himself in, never this*. See, I'm not a cherub...I'm not an archangel either. I have a job and it's...
Macphisto: *He goes absolutely cold with shock and realization, dropping his cigar*. You're an assassin .
Bluephisto: *Looking up at him very sadly* No, not quite darling...*She comes foreward and takes his freezing hands between her own, kneeling before him* I'm the assassin. Screwtape had no idea. I t was just reflex, he tried to stab me and I reacted. I had no idea that he was your only ally. I've been doing this for 3000 years, you have probably heard about alot of my work. I was afraid to tell you. I was afraid you would hate me. You probably do, I don't tell anyone because they become afraid of me. But there is nothing to fear. I would never ever hurt you. I love you and I would do anything to protect you, anything. *Macphisto has closed his eyes and is trying to absorb all this*. I didn't want to tell you like this. I wanted to wait until you were more sure that I love you so you wouldn't be afraid. I can see that you are.*During this speech Bluephisto changes more and more into her natural form, an angel with silver wings and black hair wearing a red flowing dress*. It's not pleasant work. I want to retire. The boss has been training Adam, but it's a slow process.
*Macphisto wants to say so much to her but he simply cannot form words he is so shocked*
Bluephisto: I'm so sorry. I understand now what I did and I know what I have to do to stop it. That's why I have to go for a while. I will make everything alright. Don't worry. Adam will be here and he will protect you in the meantime. Please don't be angry. I wanted to tell you, I will understand if you never want to see me again...I love you, I will make everything okay...goodbye. Macphisto looks up and she is wearing a long black felt coat with black gloves, the black makes her look as white as paper. She leans down and hesitantly kisses him. Despite his shock he kisses her back passionately. Their lips part , he wants to tell her to stay, not to go...but she is gone. He looks out the window behind him and sees her walking out of the iron gates, coat flaring behind her*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-29-2001).]

*MoonPhisto watches Edge as he stands at the bar, fixing himself another drink*

*a queasy feeling fills her stomach as she replays the interaction between EchoPhisto and Edge in her mind. She slowly approaches him and tries to act casual and not reveal how much these events had truely effected her, had stabbed at her heart*

*trying to reassure herself...*

MoonPhisto: It's alright, I don't even know what they were talking about. It could have been nothing... Hi, there. *forces a smile and a casual air, though her legs are weak and the butterflies flutter wildly in her stomach* How's the bottle-flipping going? I don't see any glass on the floor.

Edge: *turns to face her, smiles, and blushes* I'm not so sure bartending's for me.

*it relaxes her a great amount just to see his smile, she grins back*

MoonPhisto: You were great up there with Bluey, you seemed to have magic flowing out of your fingertips as you played. You always do, though.

*this causes him to blush even deeper and look down into his glass. he is so incredibly adorable, she can't resist, and kisses him quickly and gently on the nose. he looks up at this and sees her smiling at him*

*Moon quickly fixes herself a Martini*

MoonPhisto: come on, you! *still smiling at him, she takes his wrist in her other hand and walks backward, facing him, toward the closest couch and seats him there beside her*

MoonPhisto: How are you holding up? I know these Phisto events aren't really your thing. You doing ok?

Edge: Yea, it's a little different from my regular schedule, but I'm doing alright. *he smiles and scoots closer to her as they chat*

MoonPhisto: I love MacPhisto, Bluey, thier parties, and all of the other Phisto's, but I really don't feel all that comfortable at these parties~ I try to be as elegant and graceful as they are, but I really need someone fun around to let me take a break from my Phisto Phace, so I'm glad you let me drag you along. *smiles and bumps his shoulder with hers, teasingly*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 10-29-2001).]

*Bluephisto walks along the tree lined gas lit street with a determined step, trying to think only of the rather tricky task at hand. Surmising that Larry poured the bucket down the sink, she lifts a manhole cover and makes her way down the ladder to the tunnels below. Bluephisto gingerly walks down the narrow platform, removing a jar from her pocket*
Bluephisto: Come on you son of a bitch where are you? *She stops and focuses on one area of the filthy river, with a swirl, ashes begin to precipitate from the muck and land in the jar she holds. When it is full she tucks it carefully back into her pocket and leaves the sewer.
Once back on the terra, Bluephisto empties the ashes on the cold pavement and closes her eyes. Slowly, the ashes funnel up into a narrow cyclone, climbing and depositing ashes until Screwtape's body stands before her again, just as it was before she burned him. Bluephisto claps her hands together and Screwtape is suddenly re-animate*

Screwtape:*Stumbling and gasping from the severe shock to his system, he coughs for several minutes but soon regains his wits and his dignity and looks at Bluephisto with narrowed eyes* You....you killed me!
Bluephisto: Yes, and I brought you back.
Screwtape: Why?
Bluephisto: Because I acted too quickly. My killing you was a matter of reflex. I had not the time to consider the consequences.
Screwtape: Ahh, so Macphisto let you know what would become of him without my support?
Bluephisto: *reluctantly* Yes...He had nothing to do with your death. This is between you and I.
Screwtape: *realizes he has the upper hand* But this could be made about him, you see?
Bluephisto: It doesn't have to be. You can just declare that your death was a mix up, your report about Macphisto and I was subject to propoganda by our side, and that no one could possibly kill you... everything is fine.
Screwtape: That is of course, if I wanted to...
Bluephisto: *Bluntly* I brought you back from the dead. What more could you want?
Screwtape: How little you understand about devils. It doesn't matter what we have, we want more. Really, being around Macphisto and his insatiable appetite for women, I thought you would have surmised that already.
Bluephisto: What do you want in return for your silence?
Screwtape: *Drawing closer and contemplating her lips* Don't you remember? I want what he has, a taste of heaven.
Bluephisto: *Disgusted* You are going to have to be more specific I'm afraid.
Screwtape: *Whispers into her ear* I want to see what it is like to make love to an angel.
Bluephisto: *Outraged*. No, absolutely not...I can't imagine anything so disgusting.
Screwtape: *Smiling and walking away* Fine, fine. You do understand what we will do to him when the Father Below finds out don't you? It makes what you did to me look like a tickle fight. He will pretty much suffer excruciating pain and misery until the end of time...and you and I know that that will never come. It's so much nicer to talk to beings who have an understanding of eternity...So, one single night with me that you can forget about or never speak to anyone about and I will make all this go away or Mac will suffer unbearable torture for eternity.
Bluephisto: * Near tears* How do I know you aren't lying? You could just go back on your word. I should kill you again.
Screwtape: But where does that leave Macphisto? That's right, eternal pain and suffering...no reprieve, no dignity...You can believe me, this is such an unusual arrangement that I am willing to sign any contract you wish, binding in my realm or yours.
Bluephisto: *Defeated, and remembering that Macphisto probably hates her anyway* Fine. But I want to see everything made right first.
Screwtape: *Delighted* Glad to see you have come to your senses, meet me here tommorow night. I have so many arrangements to make. * He kisses her hand* . Goodnight angel. * He dissapears*
* Bluephisto stands in the street for an hour, reeling from her decision. But it was the only way. She starts to walk back towards the house, but sits down on a curb and weeps*

*Back in the mansion, Dorian the junior tempter is on the phone in a frantic state*
Dorian: He's NOT dead!? How can that be, I heard from...He is THERE!? Ahhh, what a bizarre mix-up. His report about Macphisto was contrived by the enemy to lower our morale? Well, I've never heard of such a dirty...yes thank you for clearing that up. I will be sure to inform everyone. Good-bye.

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-29-2001).]

*After leaving the room, Bonaphisto leads Larry to another rather expansive bedroom in the house and shuts and locks the door. She turns to face him.*

Bonaphisto: Did you know about this before Dorian came and broke the news?
Larry: Yes. I helped clean it up.
Bonaphisto: *reeling* My god, why didn't you tell me?
Larry: She asked me not to... remember that bucket I emptied in the sink? That was what was left of Screwtape.
*They stop short at the sound of MacPhisto's booming voice, in mid sentence. It cuts through every room in the house.*
MacPhisto: *from other room* ---ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE DONE?!?!
*They both turn around in surprise and then look back at each other.*
Bonaphisto: My God, the last time he's been this angry was...
Larry: Was when?
Bonaphisto: The Rejection.
*Larry's jaw hits the floor.*
Bonaphisto: I'm sure you don't quite understand MacPhisto's situation now. It's like this, Screwtape was the only being in Hell that didn't want Mackie dead. Now without Screwtape, *near tears* he's subject to sure torture.
*Larry moves closer to her and wraps his arms around her tightly, kissing her temples and cheeks, then her lips and whispering to her between kisses*
Larry: Don't cry... She's an angel, she can fix what she did. I'm so thankful, Bona, so thankful that our situation isn't as complicated as theirs is.
*She looks up at him*
Larry: I meant what I said earlier.
*she looks deeply into his eyes*
Larry: I love you. *More tears stream down her face and he kisses her again* I love you.
*She wraps her arms around him as tightly as she can*
Bonaphisto: I love you too, Larry Mullen.

*He plants his mouth on hers and walks her back to the bed. And there, for the first time it becomes more than just sex. There, for the first time they make love. Afterwards they lie out of breath in each other's arms and somebody whispers "I love you," yet again, it doesn't matter who. They fall into a peaceful sleep.*

*Larry is awakened suddenly by a knock at the door. He arises, puts his pants back on and opens the door, only to find MacPhisto standing there.*

Larry: *exhausted and irritated at being woken up* What do you want?
MacPhisto: *distraught* She's gone.
*Larry looks at him, concerned*
MacPhisto: I didn't even get the chance to ask her to stay... she's gone. I don't know how to feel... on one hand I'm angry, but on then again I don't like what it feels like to be without her. *He looks into the room to see Bonaphisto lying on the bed, only covered by satin sheets. He raises an eyebrow* I'm not interrupting something, am I?
Larry: Not at all.
MacPhisto: *sighs and walks further into the room, sitting down on the bed and waking Bonaphisto. He swirls a bottle of Jack Daniels.*

Bonaphisto: Mackie...
MacPhisto: *glancing back at her* Hello lovely.
Bonaphisto: *hastily throwing her robe back on and sitting on the bed next to him while Larry sits on MacPhisto's other side.* You're going to be okay? *MacPhisto glares at her, irritated* Okay, stupid question.
*He leans his head on Bonaphisto's shoulder and takes another long sip of Jack.*
Bonaphisto: Mackie, you never drink this... *takes the bottle from him and sets it on the floor, and Mac reaches for it in protest but does not succeed in reattaining it.*

*Another knock at the door. Bonaphisto answers it, and as she gets up MacPhisto's head falls to the bed. He's too upset to make the effort. Bonaphisto opens the door, and there stands Archangel Adam. Clad all in white with gold wings, he regards Bonaphisto with a kind face*

Adam: Hello, I'm here for MacPhisto... Bluey sent me...
Bonaphisto: Come in, please.
*Adam sweeps into the room, and seats himself next to MacPhisto. He lifts MacPhisto's head up and rests it on his shoulder. Bonaphisto takes a seat next to Larry, then realizes that there's an archangel in the room and that she's completely indecent. She rises and goes into an adjoining dressing room to dress.*

MacPhisto: You were quick getting here.
Adam: I came as soon as I could. No doubt all of Hell is after you now and Bluey sounded very upset when she called me. Normally angels would not protect devils like you, but because you are particularly important to her this was necessary.
MacPhisto: I see, but at this point I could care less.

*They are all interrupted again by yet another knock at the door. Bonaphisto is coming out of the dressing room and answers it. There stands Dorian.*

Bonaphisto: Yes?
Dorian: I have news.
Bonaphisto: Do tell, and be quick.
Dorian: Screwtape's alive.
Larry: That's impossible...
Adam: Not for an angel, it's not.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

U2's Heartland

*Macphisto raises his head in surprise*
Macphisto: He's...alive?
Adam: Yes, it's difficult but possible.
Macphisto: *Whispers to Adam* Could he hurt her?
Adam: *Wishing he could lie* Yes, but Bluey is very very good. I doubt she would allow such a thing to happen.
* For the next hour, Macphisto uses the bedside phone to call Screwtape...who never picks up. Macphisto hangs up for the last time. Larry and Bonaphisto have left to rejoin the party, Adam and Macphisto are alone in the room, sitting on the rumpled bed*
Macphisto: Why isn't he there? If he is alive he would be there.
Adam: Maybe he's not picking up.
Macphisto: Not like him. Unless he's avoiding me...*drops his head back on Adam's shoulder* Where is she? If he's alive and everything is right, she should be back...It's been over an hour since we got the news. *Adam rubs Macphisto's back in a comforting way* What if she just decided not to come back? What if she never comes back?
Adam: I doubt it, she loves you very much.
*Macphisto reaches for the bottle again and takes a swig from it. Adam takes it out of his hand*
Adam: Don't drink that stuff.

*Bonaphisto is behind the bar searching for her favorite brandy*
Bonaphisto: It's not here...Hmm, must have run out, I'll go and have a look in the cellar.
*She kisses Larry on the cheek and skips out of the room, so happy she is almost floating. As she enters the basement, she passes a room and hears a muffled crying sound. She listens and peeks in the door*
Bonaphisto: Bluephisto!!?? What are you doing back? When did you get here? What's wrong? * She sits beside the angel and puts an arm around her*
Bluephisto: Bona, can you keep a secret?
Bonaphisto: Of course dear.
Bluephisto: *Wiping away tears* I did something terrible.
Bonaphisto:What happened?
Bluephisto: *Takes a deep ragged breath* Bona, I brought him back.
Bonaphisto: I know, we heard.
Bluephisto: But that's not the whole story. He threatened to turn Macphisto in to the Father Below...He said that they would torture him forever.
Bonaphisto: *Gasps* Oh no. Oh God. He's not going to is he?
Bluephisto: No...but he made me promise something in return for his silence...
Bonaphisto: *With dread* What?
Bluephisto: He made me promise to sleep with him tommorow night...*Bonaphisto almost passes out*
Bonaphisto: Oh...Bluey...Oh no. You can't. You didn't!
Bluephisto: *Starting to cry again* I had to it was that or let them have Macphisto. *She puts her head in Bona's lap and sobs* Oh God Bona I don't know what to do! I can't kill him, I hate him, I have to do this...What am I going to do?
*They hear Macphisto and Adam coming down the stairs*
Bluephisto: *Whispers desperately* Bona, Bona! Don't let Mackie know I'm here, please it would kill him to know. He can't know I'm back...Please!
Macphisto: *Passing the door* Adam, you angels have it good...everybody seems to love you. I don't know why she isn't back. I'm so worried about her, I know she's strong but she's still the love of my life! I wish I hadn't yelled at her earlier, maybe I scared her away...do you think so Adam?
Adam: *Heard over the clinking of several bottles being collected* She loves you. I know that.
Macphisto: It must be nice to know.
*Bluephisto is crying so hard at this point that she has put a hand over her mouth and buried her face in Bona's skirt to keep from making a sound*
Adam: Come on, let's get you upstairs.
Macphisto: I can walk by myself, I haven't had that much.

*Adam strides across the room, a man on a mission. He's got to find MacPhisto. But he's momentarily distracted when he passes a familiar face.*

Adam: Echo?

*Echo turns to look at the man addressing her. She is not unhappy to see him, but her face retains its despair.*

Echo: Oh, Adam! It's so good to see you again! It's been so long...
Adam: Yeah, I have yet to get that "Space Invaders" rematch with you.
Echo: I don't know why you bother...(her eyes return to their previous focal point)...you know I would totally whip you again.
Adam: Are you okay?
Echo: Oh, fine. Fine.

*Adam follows her line of sight to MoonPhisto and Edge on the couch, joking and flirting. Echo fumes. It comes so easily to HER...*

Adam: Tell me what's wrong.
Echo: I've come to the realization that, carrying around this torch for Edge, all that's gonna happen is my arm's gonna get tired.
Adam: It's really not so hopeless.

*Echo shakes her head as MoonPhisto scoots closer to Edge.*

Adam: Look, I remember back when Edge and Aislinn parted ways. I'd never seen Edge act the way he did then. As though life wouldn't go on, like the world would just stop, out of pity for him, or perhaps out of spite. You two haven't exactly had similar experiences, but the results are the same. Emotional catastrophe. Edge thinks you're a nice person, but he sees too much of his past in you.
Echo: He was so cold...
Adam: He doesn't know how to handle you. He's really sympathetic, he can't help being that way. But he's put so much trust in people, and been betrayed so many times. He thinks your weaknesses will make him weaker.
Echo: And to think...I was so attracted to the strength I thought he could give me.
Adam: This world is brimming with irony. Be glad you're not caught between worlds, like some of the guests here tonight. And speaking of which, I'm very sorry, but I have to go. I have work to do.

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 10-29-2001).]

*Edge and MoonPhisto sit finishing their drinks and talking happily through the elaborate drama unknown to themselves and the majority of the guests, who occupy the ballroom*

*they are now sitting much more casual than any Phisto would in public: Edge, with his arm around her shoulders, and Moon snuggled next to him, sideways on the couch with her legs across his lap and her bare feet resting on his opposite side, her strappy gold glitter heels tossed to the floor beside their couch*

MoonPhisto: No Way!

Edge: It's true!

MoonPhisto: and, what? you just... forgot it? *laughs*

Edge: I'm not sure, but at one point I did know the secret of the universe. *laughs, but enjoys even more so watching the soft glowing beauty MoonPhisto's laughing face radiates and listening to her melodious laugh that he caused*

*she sees him watching her and he looks down blushing, which makes her giggle all over again*

MoonPhisto: Oh! *her eyes widen, glittering with excitement* I just had a wonderful idea! *she leans closer to whisper, though it isn't necessary, for no one is really paying attention to them in their little corner* This place is HUGE! I'll bet there are millions of incredible rooms around here that are just aching to be discovered! This will be so much fun! Maybe we'll even find a romantic mystery room that even Mackie doesn't know about! Let's go exploring!

*Edge doesn't argue~ they jump up, she grabs her shoes(but doesn't bother putting them back on) and they half sneak, half run from the main ballroom to the now deserted front hall*

MoonPhisto: Shh! *giggles* Come on! Let's go this way! Look at this exquisite door with such ancient and ornate detail! I wonder what grand chamber this is!

*she and Edge open the thick, heavy wooden doors with great effort...*

Edge: *lets out a loud laugh* Why, it's only the bathroom! Come on, this way! *he takes her wrist and leads her down a long hallway that goes on for miles. they stop after about fifteen minutes or so and he chooses a large wooden door on the left, as intricately decorated as the first, through a quick game of "Eenie-Meenie-Minie-Moe" and opens it to reveal a long dark spiraling staircase*

MoonPhisto: *steps back in terror (she may be a brave little taoster, but she's awfully afraid of the dark)* I- I'm not- Are you so sure that, em, that this is the best door to choose? Why don't we try that "Eenie-Meenie" game again?

Edge: Come on, it won't be that bad~ we can take one of these- *grunt* *he pulls down one of MacPhisto's wall torches* with us, and... I'll protect you! *puffs out chest exaggeratedly and gives a grin*

MoonPhisto: *nervously laughs* well... I suppose it couldn't be... too... bad... *a paralyzing fear grips her heart and she is having trouble trying to conceal it in her face*

*seeing how truely frightened she is...*

Edge: It's alright, here~ let's try this door instead. *he begins striding over to one of the other doors nearby*

MoonPhisto: No, wait. We can go this way.

Edge: *with a look of concern* Are you sure? Really, it's no big deal. We can go this way instead.

MoonPhisto: No, no. I'm sure. I was being silly. Hey, it's and adventure! *she smiles, and he rejoins her, torch in hand*

Edge: Let's go!

*They slowly decend the dark, damp, stone stairs, not able to clearly see anything anymore than three or so feet ahead of them, at a time. Soon the light of the doorway disappears around the turn of the winding stairwell. They continue down the stairs, the torch their only source of light...*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

*AnPhisto opens her eyes. She's lying on a round water bed with velvet red sheets, and she's naked. Suddenly, she notices she has company*
AnPhisto:Oh, goodness! It's very late!
Bono!Bono! darling please, wake up! We should be in the party by now!

*Bono slowly awakes. He looks at AnPhisto with a very sleepy face and says*:

What time is it?
AnPhisto: I don't know , but we have to get dressed and get back to that party!.

*Bono looks into An's eyes and smiles sweetly. He takes her face towards him and gives her a gentle kiss on her lips*

Bono: You are so special, An. You make me feel special, very special and very loved.

AnPhisto:Oh, my love!. You are the one who makes me feel adored and very lucky to have you...

Bono: You know you can't have me as you really want to, An...

AnPhisto: It doesn't matter , sweetheart. When we are together, nothing else matters...

Bono took her hand and kissed it softly. An smiled and passed her fingers through his mullet, then she kissed his head and his forehead.

AnPhisto: It's time to get dressed. We haven't been on that party for a long time and maybe the guests will be intrigued by our absence...

*Bono wore as a disguise a black suit with an electric-blue tie. He wanted to look classy, different and original for the ocassion. AnPhisto was wearing a red-strappless long dress with strapped golden high heels. They looked like the perfect couple that night*

Bono and An stepped out of the room. Bono closed the door and gently he passed his arm around An's waist. He smelled the sophisticated fragance on her neck and bited her cheek. They both giggled and walked towards the ball room.

They entered with a big smile on their faces. But immediately they sensed not all of the presents were as happy as them.

They saw Bluey and Mona wispering and BlueyPhisto seemed to be nervous about something. McPhisto had a worried expression and EchoPhisto was standing alone staring discretely at Edge an MoonPhisto

Something strange was happening. It seemed like Bono and AnPhisto missed a lot while being together. Also seemed they were the only ones enjoying that beautiful night...

*Bonaphisto runs a hand down Bluey's cheek, wiping a tear away. She hands Bluey a tissue and lifts her head.*

Bonaphisto: Bluey, I'll be right back... I'm going to go get some brandy. Maybe a drink will make you feel just a bit better. I know it's not a solution, but perhaps it'll calm you a bit.
*She gets up and Bluey rests her head down on the barrell Bonaphisto was sitting on. Bonaphisto walks around the corner and quickly finds the brandy bottle. She attempts to take it as quietly as possible, but it makes a loud clanking sound and Adam and MacPhisto spin around at the noise.*

Adam: Hi, Bona! We didn't realize you were in here...
Bonaphisto: Well, I was just looking for my brandy... it seems to be out upstairs.
MacPhisto: Really? I could have sworn I stocked it especially for you...
Bonaphisto: Well, you know how popular it is... The Fly probably had some. Lord knows he drinks the stuff like it's goin' outta style.
*Mac spots two brandy snifters in her hands and becomes suspicious*
MacPhisto: Aren't there plenty of snifters upstairs, love?
Bonaphisto: Well yes, but it couldn't hurt to have a few more, right? *she laughs*
MacPhisto: Of course not. Well, you seem to have found your brandy, would you care to come back up with us?
Bonaphisto: Ehm, no actually, this isn't quite it... not aged enough, and Larry wanted me to fetch something else too.
*MacPhisto takes the brandy bottle from Bonaphisto and looks at the date.*
MacPhisto: Well, love this is dated 1678, what more do you want?
Bonaphisto: *nervous now* Well you know what they say, the older the better! You better go now, love. *practically pushing him out the door* They're probably missing you upstairs, you've been gone for several hours now, since right after Bluey's song!
MacPhisto: Yes, but...
Bonaphisto: But nothing! Go now before they all start a search party!
MacPhisto: If you can't find whatever it is Larry wanted, I'll be glad to help you. What is it he wanted?
Bonaphisto: Ehm, he wanted the chardonay...
MacPhisto: Well, that's right over here... *Macphisto starts to head around the corner directly toward where Bluephisto sits. Bonaphisto grabs his arm and pulls him back toward her and sensing his determination and suspicion, she runs a hand over his chest, peeking through his open shirt. At this point he really won't listen to her and she feels she's run out of options. It is the only way she knows to get his attention for sure. She runs her hands across his cheek and plants a kiss there.*
Bonaphisto: No, Mackie-poo I'll be fine. Now go! *She finally succeeds in shoving them both out the door, but as Adam leaves he glances back and sees Bluephisto through gaps in the wine shelves. He says nothing, only winks at her in an "I've got you covered" way. They leave and Bonaphisto shuts the cellar. She turns the corner to where Bluephisto still sits, still sobbing.*
Bonaphisto: So sorry, darling, that was a bit too close.
*Bluephisto cannot speak due to the extent of her tears and the heaviness of her sobs. Bonaphisto pours the brandy and hands Bluey a glass. With shaking hands, Bluey lifts the glass to her lips and takes a sip.*
Bluephisto: Thank you. I can't believe I promised Screwtape I'd do something like that! *Bluephisto shudders at the thought* Please, you must not let anyone know what's about to happen... especially Mac.
Bonaphisto: *takes Bluephisto's face in her hands and looks her seriously in the eye* You have my word, Bluey, you know that. I realize that I've been competing with you for years for Mackie's attention, and we haven't always been the closest of friends so to speak, but our friendship is deeper than that.
*For the first time in a while, Bluephisto smiles.*
Bluephisto: Thank you, Bona.
Bonaphisto: It's all I can do.

*The cellar door opens again and in steps Larry*
Larry: Bona, are you in here?
Bona: Yes, love I'm here.
Larry turns the corner and sees Bonaphisto with Bluephisto's head in her lap and he is surprised*
Larry: Bluephisto! What are you doing here?
*Bonaphisto runs the story off to Larry and he promises to stay quiet.*
Larry: I came down because you were gone for a good half hour and I got a bit concerned.
Bonaphisto: I'm sorry love, this was a bit important.
Larry: I'd have done the same thing, I understand. *he turns to Bluephisto* Would you like us to stay, or will you be okay here?
Bluephisto: I do think I need some more time by myself... I have thinking to do.
Bonaphisto: You're sure?
Bluephisto: Yes, thank you.
Bonaphisto: If you need anything, let me know somehow... I'll check up on you every once in a while, okay?
Bluephisto: That'd be great. Thanks, Bona.
Bonaphisto: *gives Bluephisto a quick kiss on the cheek* Not a problem at all.
*Bonaphisto and Larry leave the wine cellar and head back up to the party. MacPhisto stands near the staircase, and when they emerge, he raises an eyebrow.*

MacPhisto: Eyeing Larry and smiling proudly at him* I wonder what could have taken you two so long? Although it is a bit cold down there, I could never stand doing it down there...
Larry: She just couldn't find her bottles, that's all.
*MacPhisto eyes the empty brandy snifter in Bonaphisto's hand and now realizes that it's been used.*
MacPhisto: You couldn't even wait to get upstairs to have some? A bit desperate, wouldn't you say? *he winks at Bonaphisto*
Bonaphisto: Nevermind, Mackie. *laughs elegantly*

*From her place behind the wine racks, Bluephisto can hear Macphisto's voice...Please, please she pleads in her head Please just stand there a little longer so I can hear you speak...She listens to him until he shuts the door and wanders off. It is dim in the basement and cold. She has never felt so alone..
Bluephisto: (internal monolouge) Maybe I should tell him. Maybe he could figure some way out of this...but if we couldn't - he would have to know, and if he knew, I couldn't figure out how to leave the house tommorow. There has to be another way. But I just can't think. I can't kill Screwtape or Macphisto is dead, I can't say no or Macphisto is dead...I have to give him what he wants. That is my only chance of keeping Mac safe. I wish there was another way. *She can hear his footsteps above her. He is supposed to be at the party, but keeps stealing away to look for her, to look out windows and in old forgotten rooms. She wants to call out and reassure him that she is here, but she knows she could not see him without breaking down...and then he would know, and he would have to know where she was going tommorow night, and that would just destroy him. She knows it's the only way, but she would not be able to look him in the eye. It's best that he never ever finds out.
In fact, maybe it's best if I just don't come back...ever. I could just dissapear and I would never have to answer a question or explain what I've done....
*Bluephisto walks out of her hiding place stiffly to get a bottle of something to drink while she waits. She wraps her fingers around a bottle of rye when she hears someone coming and the light turns on*

*AnPhisto turns on the lights and sees Bluey holding a bottle of rye. She notices Bluey has been crying*

AnPhisto: Bluey, dear, is everything OK?
You don't look so good to me. You were crying, right?
*BlueyPhisto says yes with a head movement, and starts crying again*

AnPhisto: Oh, darling! Please, tell me, what's happening? a few minutes ago I noticed you weren't feeling good. When I first arrived to the party, I saw you in the candle-lightened room listening to Mac playing the piano. The first thing I felt in the atmosphere was a sad sentiment between you 2. What's happening???
*AnPhisto looks concerned at Bluey's eyes. She takes the bottle of her hands and gently caresses her cheek*

AnPhisto: Please Bluey, tell me what's wrong...

Originally posted by Ana:
*AnPhisto: Please Bluey, tell me what's wrong...
Blueeyes: Ana, first you must promise me not to tell Mr Macphisto that I am here. Please, please don't tell him, he must not know that I came back.
AnPhisto: *Confused but concerned* Alright I promise. Whatever can be the matter darling?
Bluephisto: Well, it's complicated but here is what matters. I love Macphisto more than anything or anybody on the face of the world or above it, if I didn't I couldn't do what I have to. We are in love. We are not supposed to be in love. We got caught by Screwtape *AnPhisto gasps* yes, that Screwtape. There was a bunch of, of...*Bluephisto is so distressed and exhausted that she is barely able to talk coherently* anyway. Macphisto is in trouble. Screwtape threatened to turn him in to the Father Below for the most severe punishment unless I sleep with him tommorow...So that's it. *Bluephisto sits down dejectedly on a stair* I have to have sex with Screwtape tommorow night to prevent Macphisto from becoming...for all intents and purposes dead.*AnPhisto is horrified*. I have to do it. I have no real choice except to turn Macphisto over which is not an option. I feel sick....
*AnPhisto puts an arm around Bluephisto's shoulders*
AnPhisto: Maybe Macphisto can help you out of this.
Bluephisto: But what if there is nothing he can do? Then he has to know where I am going tommorow night *She gulps and holds her stomach* and why...I can barely handle knowing. How do you think he would feel having to watch me leave, or worse, having me return? He must not know. Please don't tell!
AnPhisto: Of course, of course.
Bluephisto: *Rambling, not editing her thoughts* I don't even think I can bear to return here. The returning would be worse than the leaving even. I know I'm doing it to save him...but I don't think I could look him in the eye. Even if he didn't know. I am no good at lying, I can't lie, so I think that I will have to go. *Bluephisto stares off into space and tears start to spill down her face again* I think he will get over me, yes. I mean look at all the beautiful women he has around. He can forget me. I know he can, he'll be okay...and he will be safe. Maybe one day he will just stop thinking about me and I will become a distant landmark in his mind.*She takes a drink from the rye bottle*..
AnPhisto: Is there anything I can do?
Bluephisto: *Brightens momentarily* Yes, yes! Please can you have a conversation with Macphisto close to the door at the top of the stairs? Not about me! But just about anything else, it makes me feel better to hear his voice.
AnPhisto: *Nods and hugs Bluephisto and goes upstairs sadder than before*
*Bluephisto sits on a crate under the stairs and listens to hear his voice*.

*AnPhisto closes the bassement door and searches for McPhisto. She sees him standing in front of a near window looking at the sky. She manages to get his attention and he approaches her*

McPhisto: An, Darling! Haven't see you since you took of with Bono to one of the rooms upstairs *says in a sarcastic tone*, were is he?
AnPhisto:Oh I don't know, Mac. Maybe he's talking to Gavin, you know those two are inseparable. But anyway, I noticed you look concerned about something. What happened to you while me and Bono were together?
McPhisto: Oh, An. I did some things I'm starting to regret *he nods*
AnPhisto:*surprised* Oh, dear, I really can't believe what I'm hearing. Do you want to talk about it?
McPhisto: I'm not sure if talking will help, darling...*sigh*

*AnPhisto takes him by the hand and makes him sit in a red couch near the bassement door. She pulls his head up and looks into his eyes tenderly*

McPhisto: I feel so stupid. I hurted the feelings of a very special person for me, and now I'm affraid to lose her. *he grabs his head in his hands and fights with himself to not shed a tear*
AnPhisto:Calm down, dear. You know, if this person is so special for you, you can try to explain the reasons why you let her down.
And, if you are truly loved and special for that person, I'm sure she will forgive you.
McPhisto: I hope you're right, An . I really want to apologize to her.
AnPhisto:So, is that person here, right now?
McPhisto: I'm affraid she's not. I haven't seen her for quite a while in this party.
AnPhisto: Is Bluey, right?
*MacPhisto widely opened his eyes and stared at An's eyes to see if she knew something about what happened*
McPhisto: How did you knew, An? Have you seen her? Where is she? *askes impatiently*
AnPhisto: I'm sorry, Mac. But it was just a guess. I haven't seen Bluey since you were playing the piano. But obviously she's that very special person for you... I easily could tell...
*McPhisto hugs An and almost cries on her shoulder, she kisses him on the forehead and says*:

Listen,darling: I really believe that if you talk to Bluey she'll understand and forgive you. Please, be positive. I can tell there is a lot of love between both of you.
*AnPhisto smiles at Mac and hands him a martini*
AnPhisto: Here, darling. This will calm you for a while.
*AnPhisto was hoping that Bluey have heard their conversation. At least now, Bluey knew McPhisto was sorry for his jealous action and wanted to make it up for her*

*Bono appeared at An's sight. He approached her and gently kissed her on the lips*

Bono:Excuse, Mac, but I need to interrupt your conversation with An, I really want to dance with her. Would you dance with me , miss AnPhisto?
AnPhisto: Would you mind, Mac? If you want I can stay with you a little longer?
McPhisto: Don't worry about me, dear. You go and have fun. Please enjoy the party! *smiles*
AnPhisto: Ok,darling. And please: Be positive, everything will turn just fine
*AnPhisto got up from the couch and softly wispered at Mac's ear: "She loves you, remember that"*
They both smiled at each other and Bono pulled An to the ball room, there was a fine tune playing in the background, and McPhisto started to sing along...

Downstairs, Bluey could hear Phisto sing to himself. If he only knew he was also singing to his beloved Bluey. His poor-angel Bluey...

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 10-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Ana:
They both smiled at each other and Bono pulled An to the ball room, there was a fine tune playing in the background, and McPhisto started to sing along...

Downstairs, Bluey could hear Phisto sing to himself. If he only knew he was also singing to his beloved Bluey. His poor-angel Bluey...
*Macphisto's wonderful voice drifted down to her, and for the first time since she made the horrible deal, Bluephisto smiled...She could hear him saying he loved her. She tried to soak that feeling up to keep it forever, she wasn't sure when she would hear it again, if she ever would. She couldn't quite make out the song he was singing from where she was sitting so she crept up the stairs towards the door, making no sound at all."
Macphisto: (singing) Someday, when I'm awfully low, when the world is cold, I will feel a glow just thinking of you and the way you look tonight...
*Bluephisto covers her mouth with her hand and shivers, he is singing the song they first kissed to. He stops singing. Bluephisto leans down and peers though the crack in the bottom of the door to see him crying into his hands as the song continues to waft in from the party room. After a couple of minutes he dries his tears, looks around to make sure no one else is there and stands at the window again looking for her return. As he waits he finshes the song under his breath*
Macphisto: Lovely ... Never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.Won't you please arrange it ?'Cause I love you ... Just the way you look tonight.
*The song ends and he sighs deeply and grabs a phone from a nearby table, punching several numbers in frustration...he waits, and waits, and waits, and waits. Finally he sets the phone back in the cradle and sinks back into the sofa, muttering to himself.*
Macphisto: He should be back by now! Where in Hell is he?
*Dorian enters the room, startled by Macphisto's red eyes*
Dorian: Is everything well with you Mr. Macphisto?
Macphisto: Yes, yes. *Lighting a cigar and regaining his poise* I cannot get a hold of Screwtape, he is quite dissapeared.
Dorian: That's odd. I just talked to him on the phone.
Macphisto: *Sitting foreward* From where?
Dorian: His office, naturally. Have you tried calling him there?
Macphisto: *Lying* Ah, of course. I haven't...thank you so much.
* He dismisses Dorian with a wave of his hand and when he is gone calls again with the same result. Macphisto furrows his brow and thinks for a moment, then walks back towards the party*
Macphisto: Why is he avoiding me?
*Bluephisto sighs and hopes he never finds out. Before she leaves her post at the door, however, her eyes light upon an ornate clock on the wall and she shudders. There are only a couple of hours until she has to meet Screwtape. She would cry again, but she is out of tears.*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-30-2001).]

*Upstairs, Bonaphisto has prepared a very delicious dish of Italian, and the entire party is enjoying it thoroughly.*

MacPhisto: Bona, it's been so long since you've cooked me anything. I've forgotten what a talent you have for culinary things! *Leans over and gives her a kiss on the cheek*
Bonaphisto: Thank you, Mackie. I figured a decent dinner would make everyone feel a bit better.
MacPhisto: A bit, yes... *he trails off* Where could she be?
Bonaphisto: Have faith, Mackie. Everything will be fine, I assure you.
MacPhisto: Screwtape's alive, that much I have.
Larry: Didn't she promise you she'd make it better?
Bonaphisto: I know it's difficult, but do try to have a good time tonight... Look at all these glamorous beings you are surrounded by!
MacPhisto: Strangely that doesn't seem like enough anymore...

*Bonaphisto leans over to Larry and whispers in his ear*
Bonaphisto: I think Bluey would appreciate some dinner. I'm going to go down and take something down to her.
Larry: I think that's a good idea.
*Bonaphisto kisses Larry generously and rises from the table. She gathers a plentiful plate of food and starts to sneak off down to the wine cellar, but MacPhisto catches her shoulder*

MacPhisto: Bona, love just where are you taking that plate of food?
Bonaphisto: Ah, this? I'm saving it for a bit later. I'm just going to take it down to the wine cellar and store it there.
MacPhisto: *looking at her deeply* Tell me, what is your obsession with my wine cellar tonight?
Bonaphisto: It seems convenient, that's all. Now if you'll excuse me.
MacPhisto: But darling there's a refrigerator right in the kitchen!
Bonaphisto: No, the wine cellar is a better place for it. *She walks away before MacPhisto has a chance to say anything else. She decends the stairs and calls out softly*

Bonaphisto: Bluey! Where are you?
Bluephisto: I'm under here....
Bonaphisto: *moves under the stair case where Bluephisto sits.* I brought you some dinner... I thought maybe you'd like to eat.
Bluephisto: Yes, thank you.

*Growing ever suspicious by Bonaphisto's behavior, MacPhisto follows her down to the wine cellar, several minutes after she'd disappeared. He stops dead when he hears Bonaphisto speaking, then Bluey's voice answering.*
Bonaphisto: It'll be alright, darling...
Bluephisto: No, maybe it's better if I don't come back at all... maybe it's better that I don't see him again. He'll be crushed...

*MacPhisto inhales deeply, now under the impression that Bluephisto wants nothing to do with him, he ascends the staircase and joins the party yet again, even more saddened than before.*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-30-2001).]

Bluephisto: No, I won't be back after this.
Bonaphisto: When do you have to go?
Bluephisto: In a few minutes...*She laughs bitterly* Can't you just knock me out Bona? I can't believe this...How is he?
Bonaphisto: He's sad, he's asking for you, looking for you.
Bluephisto:*Sighs* Well, he will stop doing that with time...*She puts down the tray of food, untouched and stands up* Bona, I have to go.
Bonaphisto: *Starting to cry* Now?
Bluephisto: Yes. Now. She tightens her coat around her and slowly heads for the stairs.* Bona, will you go make sure there is no one up there?
Bonaphisto: Yes...okay.
Bluephisto: Well, goodbye. I'm sorry I have to go. *She hugs Bonaphisto and they both cry a little*
Bonaphisto: I wish there was something I could do Bluey.
Bluephisto: You can't, darling you can't. Make sure he is okay after I'm ..you know.
*Bonaphisto nods and sees Bluephisto out the front door*.

*Bonaphisto stands and watches Bluey leave, then turns and goes back to the party. She is still in the process of wiping tears from her eyes when she sits down between MacPhisto and Larry. Larry slowly leans in toward her and wraps an arm around her shoulder.*

Larry: Bona, what's wrong?
Bonaphisto: *leans in, whispering so Mac won't hear.* She's gone...
Larry: She's gone to meet...
Bonaphisto: Yes, and she said she's not coming back.
*Larry sits back in disbelief, but tries not to react too much and thusly spark MacPhisto's attention.*
MacPhisto: Bona, dear you don't have to whisper. I followed you down to the wine cellar, and I am perfectly aware that she wants nothing to do with me.
Bonaphisto: *shocked* What?
MacPhisto: I said I followed you and I know that she wants nothing to do with me. I suppose I was too hard on her earlier.
Bonaphisto: Mackie, it's nothing like that...
MacPhisto: Oh really? Then what is it? Please, Bona since you've been keeping up with her more than I have why don't you enlighten me?
*Bonaphisto stares at Mac, then looks at Larry for an answer. He shrugs.*
Bonaphisto: I'm afraid I can't tell you... not just yet.
MacPhisto: I don't follow.
Bonaphisto: What she has to do, she's afraid you'll hate her for it.
MacPhisto: Now what could that be?! Honestly...
Bonaphisto: I can't tell you. Not yet... Please Mackie, why don't you have some dessert?
*MacPhisto leans in closer to her, close enough where she can smell his cologne. He runs a finger down the back of her neck and he's leaned in close enough to shed breath on her cheek.*
MacPhisto: The only thing I'll be having for dessert has nothing to do with chocolate mousse, my dear.
*He brushes his lips across her cheek lightly, and by now Larry's on the edge of his seat, ready to pounce at the tiniest instance.*
MacPhisto: Now, are you going to tell me, or do I have to take this farther?
Bonaphisto: Mackie, if I could tell you I would...
*At this, MacPhisto bites her ear gently and plants a single kiss on her neck. He knows that if she's flustered enough she'll talk*
MacPhisto: Tell me.
Bonaphisto: *biting the inside of her lip* NO.
*MacPhisto runs a hand inside the front of her dress and Bonaphisto's hand snaps up to his, firmly pulling his hand away. Larry has taken hold of MacPhisto's jacket and he merely slips out of it.*
MacPhisto: Tell me, love...
Bonaphisto: NO.
*MacPhisto takes his last resort by attacking Bonaphisto with kisses until finally she snaps*
Bonaphisto: *shouting practically* FINE!! She agreed to sleep with Screwtape.
MacPhisto: *reels back like he's just been shot* What?!
Bonaphisto: It was either that or let him turn you in to the father below and see you killed.
MacPhisto: She's having sex with Screwtape?
Bonaphisto: Only to save your life. She's horrified to be honest.
*MacPhisto says nothing, but only gets up from the table and bolts out the front door, taking a small knife with him.*

------------------

U2's Heartland

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-30-2001).]

*AnPhisto and Bono are dancing to the "Can't help falling in love" Elvis song. They are having one incredible night together*

Bono :(singing softly to An's ear)Shall I stay, would it be a sin, but I... can't help... falling in love... with you...

AnPhisto :(sobing) Oh, darling! This is the best night of my life.

Bono :(deep sigh) Mine two, my dear. This is a true magical moment. I have you here in my arms, we are together, we love each other!

AnPhisto: Yes, my love. I never want this moment to have an end (kisses Bono on the cheek)

*AnPhisto feels tremendously happy that night. Although deep inside she feels sorry for what Blue and McPhisto are living thru*

*Suddenly, the couple notices Bluey rushes to the main door, she looks very sad and devastated*

Bono: Look An, Bluey seems to be quite upset. Did she had a fight with Mac?
AnPhisto: They had a discussion, dear. And yes, she's now passing thru a very difficult time. I really would like to help her, but I can't... (says dryly)

*Bono and An keep dancing, when suddenly appears McPhisto walking with a very mad expression in his eyes and face, he walks towards the main door*

Bono: Look, dear ! There goes Mac. I think he's following BluePhisto, he seems to be very upset , look at his face...
AnPhisto: When we were together he was feeling sad. Maybe he finally got the opportunity to talk to Bluey, or perhaps he's following her to talk about their differences...
Bono: Well, I hope everything turns just fine for those two. They make a great couple...
AnPhisto: Yes, they sure do. As well as we (smiles)
Bono:But of course, we are the greatest couple ever!
*They laugh together and Bono hughs An tightly*

------------------
I'm hanging on
you're all that's left to hold on to...
I'm still waiting...

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 10-30-2001).]

Warning - this is very disturbing and pretty violent. NOT for younger audiences or anyone sensitive to violent images.
-----------------------------------------
* Bluephisto makes her way down the gas lit street slowly. All she can do is force herself to put one foot in front of the other. Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. Soon she is in the middle of the street alone, her black coat wrapped tightly around her shivering frame. There is no sound and for a moment she thinks that maybe Screwtape will not come. A hand lands on her shoulder, she turns. Screwtape is standing behind her, dressed in his sunday best.
Screwtape: Ah Bluephisto. So glad you could make it, and you were even on time. I appriciate punctuality. *He circles her and looks her up and down, she is pale and worn out, shadows collect under her cheekbones and her black hair hangs limply* You couldn't have prettied yourself up a little for me? Ah no matter. Even now I can see what he saw in you. *As he passes behind her, Bluephisto feels her wrists pulled back and clamped by something metallic and she flinches* Just a little something to make sure you don't decide to kill me...*Bluephisto pulls at the cuffs astonished that she cannot with all her strength break them. Screwtape watches her discovery with a slick smile on his face* I had them made especially for you...my little lamb.
Bluephisto: *Her throat is so dry with fear that she can barely speak* That..was not in the deal...take them off.
Screwtape: *Removing his overcoat and unbuttoning his shirt* You will find I'm full of surprises tonight.
Bluephisto: Go away.
Screwtape: *smirks* A little late for second thoughts now isn't it? *He reaches behind her and tightens the handcuffs until her wrists bleed. Bluephisto gasps and tries to move away but he grabs her and undoes her coat literally ripping it off her shoulders. She stands shivering in her red dress.* There, that's much more like what I had in mind.
Bluephisto: *defiantly* Just get it over with.
Screwtape: Oh aren't you the brave one? That's alright, I like a challenge. *He starts to kiss her shoulder and neck and Bluephisto cries. Screwtape looks up and sees she is crying and slaps her hard across the face* Stop that.
Bluephisto: I hate you. *He slaps her again harder and her mouth bleeds*
Screwtape: Really? We'll have to work on that. *He throws her against a tree, and her ribs crack...He struts over to where she lays, undoing his belt, and runs a hand along her calf and whispers into her ear as he bites at her neck* Now stop crying and say that you love me.
Bluephisto: *Yells* No! You are disgusting.*Screwtape digs his fingernails into her skin and slices her leg open. He looks down at her in disguist as he pulls her up by a dislocated arm*
Screwtape: Now why won't you say you love me? That is very silly of you! *He begins to run a hand up her thigh inside her dress when she kicks him away and spits in his face. Screwtape stands slowly, wiping his face clean with a bloody hand. He steps very close to Bluephisto, running a finger down her neck to her chest as he whispers:* Well, I was going to be nice and gentle with you before you did that. But now, I'm afraid I am going to have to stop being so sweet. *He reaches behind her and grabs one of her wings and in a fury tears it out of her skin. Bluephisto screams in pain. Screwtape throws her down on the pavement and begins to crawl over her when a large hand closes around his neck and pulls him off of her violently. Screwtape looks up into the face of an enraged Macphisto.*
Screwtape: What the Hell are you doing -
*Macphisto has picked Screwtape up by his shirt and slams him up against a light post so hard that the bulb breaks. Screwtape gasps and Macphisto punches him in the face, breaking most of the bones. Meanwhile, Larry has found Bluephisto lying unconscious in a pool of blood in the street and turns her over in horror...He had no idea anyone could be so violent.*
Macphisto:*snarls at Screwtape who is still pinned to the lamp post* What do you think you are doing!? *Macphisto dislocates Screwtape's arms* I asked you a question.
Screwtape: *Spitting out teeth and blood* We had a deal.
Macphisto: *His face very close to Screwtape's and his voice deadly soft* It's off! *He grabs Screwtape's jaw and crushes it in his hand. Screwtape falls to the ground in agony. Macphisto lights a cigar and stands over Screwtape* What did you do to her? *Screwtape doesn't answer, so Macphisto kicks him in the side, breaking his ribs. Screwtape only gurgles in reply.
Larry: *Panicked*Find the key! Quick, we have to get her arms free, she's bleeding to death.
* For the first time, Macphisto lets himself look at Bluephisto...She is barely recognizeable and limp, her hands cuffed behind her gory back. A new wave of anger sweeps over him like lava and he steps on Screwtape's throat*
Macphisto: Before I break every single bone in your body, where is the key? *Screwtape stares mockingly at Macphisto, and Macphisto begins to crush his throat* If you don't tell me, I will do this very very slowly. * A sickening crack is head and Screwtape points at his coat* Good. *Macphisto pulls Screwtape up to him by his neck and blows smoke into his face as he hisses* I want you to know something...If you thought for a second you could blackmail me you are mistaken. I have a file on you detailing every transgression of yours for the last thousand years. I want you to stay alive to feel what I'm going to do to you and to remember that if you ever come near her again I will make it my life's work to make an example of you. Do you understand? *Screwtape's manged head bobs up and down but his eyes wander over to Bluephisto with a twinkle. Macphisto extinguishes his cigar on Screwtape's bare chest* Don't you even look at her...
*Larry tells Bonaphisto who has been looking on in horror to get the key. She finds it and runs it back to Larry who after a number of tries, removes the metal from Bluephisto's wrists. A new torrent of dark red blood issues from the double circles and her arms fall to the sides, revealing a wing dangling from her back at a sickening angle. Larry hears a murmur...Macphisto is crouching behind him, all the anger gone from his face and his eyes brimming with tears*
Macphisto: Darling..., *He reaches and touches her broken wing* what...what has he done to you? *He gathers her in his arms and holding her close to him, carries her back to the house. Bonaphisto has never seen anything as sad as Bluephisto's white arms and wing dangling down lifelessly. Macphisto never takes his eyes off Bluephisto's face as he grimly walks to the house in the semidarkness with shadows pooling in his eyes*
Larry: *Breaking into a run* I'll get Adam.
*Bonaphisto stands alone in the blood drenched street, silver powder is already circling the pools of red where the angel's blood has dried. The pattern of the shimmer makes her shudder, silver dust coats the tree, the sidewalk, her discarded coat and the hands of the now unconscious and utterly broken Screwtape, lying where Macphisto left him on the sidewalk. Bona creeps to Bluephisto's coat, and picks it up. She drops it as the rag that is left of it rains a dark red like a lacerated sky, and runs back into the mansion, locking the door and turning to find utter chaos*

EchoPhisto watches the struggle from the third floor balcony. By the time BluePhisto's wrists are freed, a crowd has gathered behind EchoPhisto, gaping at the sight of it all. Echo cannot believe that the glamorous masses are so shocked.

Echo: You're all bigger fools than I thought. Did you think MacPhisto had left his past behind? Did you think it was nothing but decadent parties and martini glasses for the rest of eternity? I may be a mere human, but I know you divine beings never rise above your origins. You'll always be vehicles of vengeance and violence!

*Echo spits at the feet of a cluster of corrupted angels.*

Echo: You're worse than us primates! Look around! Your existence is not glamorous! Your existence is not stylish! You do not exist in there - (pointing through the door to the ballroom) - it is out THERE, with THEM! And you have the nerve to act like you're ABOVE it! You pretend your actions are in the name of Justice! There is no JUSTICE in this world!

*Echo pushes past the other guests back into the ballroom, which is fast becoming a madhouse. The demise of tonight's host is certain doom for many present, and with Screwtape fast becoming a part of divine history, MacPhisto will quickly follow, like water draining in a spiral from a basin. But to Echo, it matters little. She strides over to the bar, singing quietly to herself again.*

Echo: There must be some way out of here...

*She slips behind the bar.*

Echo: Said the Joker to the Theif...

*Rummaging through the shelves under the counter for something...*

Echo: There's too much confusion here...

*Something sharp...*

Echo: I can't get no relief...

*She finds it. A lemon slicer. Perfect. The serrated blade glints under the row of lights above the bar. EchoPhisto turns to see her reflection in the mirrored wall.*

Echo: Businessmen they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth...

*She steals out of the room into the deserted hall. MoonPhisto's perfume hangs in the air.*

Echo: That harlot...She does not deserve his affections...

*EchoPhisto follows the scented trail MoonPhisto has left behind, until she catches sight of a half-open door far down the hallway. As she approaches, she swears she hears a woman's drunken giggle. The torch that ought to have been next to the door is missing.*

Echo: If there is any justice in the whole of existence, it is yet to happen...tonight...

*She grips the handle of her makeshift weapon tighter, puts one tentative foot on the first stair, takes a deep breath, and descends.*

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 10-30-2001).]

*slowly decending the dark stairs, the air aound MoonPhisto and the Edge is nothing more than a thick blackness, witht he exception of the dim light from the torch. a cold draft of air blows by; MoonPhisto shudders and grips the Edge's hand tighter*

MoonPhisto: (thinking) What could MacPhisto have down here? Some wild unearthly beast? Perhaps this is where he keeps Cerberus, the monsterously large three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hell...

*holds her breath to listen blindly for a sign of another, maybe not-so-friendly, presence in the cavernous room*

Edge: Moon? You doing ok?

MoonPhisto: *half whispers, half squeaks* yes

*as they reach the bottom of the stairs they do the best they can to look around the room with the little light provided*

Edge: *feels along the wall blindly and stops when his hand bumps something* What's this? *he brings the torch up to it to find that it is another torch, only unlit* This is great! Maybe if I...
*he lights the new torch with his. the room lights up a great deal, for this torch is bigger and gives off more light. They walk around the room, lighting torches along the wall. when they stop to look around the room they've entered...*

MoonPhisto: Oh, my gosh! It's a... a forest!

Edge: Not quite... Wow. I can't believe this is still here! And it's working!

MoonPhisto: *looks up at Edge confused* You've been here before?

Edge: A long, long time ago. I completely forgot all about it! Years ago, Mac and I really got into *blush* gardening. Anyway, I came up with this special mixture of nutrients that I wanted to test, so we built this room into a garden. With this formula, you could grow plants without sunlight, which was quite convenient for Mac. Apparently it works quite well! But... *crouching down to touch a flower* I never realized how it would effect the colors of the plants!

*looking around the room, MoonPhisto notices for the first time what is so unusual about her surroundings... Trees with purple trunks and golden leaves, grass growing in a soft, clean white, black roses, royal blue pumpkins....*

MoonPhisto: Edge! Look! How marvelous!! *giggles and runs over to the bright blue pumpkins* Have you ever seen anything like it? And it's so perfect for tonight!
Edge: Your right! Come on, I think I remember where our lab table was.

*Edge and MoonPhisto pick up several large pumpkins, navy blue, sky blue, cerullean blue, electric blue- so many different shades! They carry them to another side of the room. Edge steps over a patch of pink clovers and begins to tear at a mass of bright orange vines, revealing a table*

MoonPhisto: *giggling with delight* This is so fun! I wonder when Mac last came down here. If we carve a few jack-o-lanterns for his party, maybe he'll forgive us for forgetting to bring the bundt cake. BLUE jack-o-lanterns at that!

*she runs over to the counter against the wall and begins opening drawers, searching for some markers, spoons, and knives*
MoonPhisto: well, here are some pencils, we can use these instead.. let's see... well, we can use our hands to scoop out the seeds... but a knife.... hmmm....

*as she continues to search through the drawers, EchoPhisto quietly approaches. She was angry at first, but is now a bit stunned, marvelling at the wonders surrounding her. She continues to head toward Moon and the Edge...*

*a twig snaps*

*Edge and Moon spin around at the same time to see who the mysterious visitor is*

MoonPhisto: Echo! Dear, you scared me! *laughs a relieved laugh* OH! how simply devine!!! You brought a knife! That was exactly what we were looking for! Come join us! *gesturing to the pumpkins* Aren't they fabulous?? We're carving some jack-o-lanterns for Mackie! *takes knife, sets it down on the table, and hands Echo and enormous brilliant blue pumpkin* Here. There are some pencils over there, and a chair for you too! *laughs* Still in shock, eh? This is a pretty magnificent discovery. Here. *sets up a chair next to Edge and brushes off some of the orange vines, then pulls another chair around to the other side of Edge, seats herself, and begins tracing a face on her pumpkin*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 10-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Blueeyes: *Bona creeps to Bluephisto's coat, and picks it up. She drops it as the rag that is left of it rains a dark red like a lacerated sky, and runs back into the mansion, locking the door and turning to find utter chaos*

*In the middle of the floor lies Bluephisto, held tightly in MacPhisto's arms. MacPhisto is in tears and his makeup is running. Larry stands in front of the rest of the party.*
Larry: Please, Mr. MacPhisto is asking the rest of the party to either disband or move to another wing of the mansion. Any extra bodies in the room will only be interfereing. There's another ballroom at the other end of the mansion, the butlers are already waiting there for you all, and Mr. MacPhisto's servants will lead you there. He apologizes for the inconvenience, thank you and have a good night.

*The entire party group shuffles out of the room, surprisingly cooperative. Adam rushes into the room, obviously with a purpose and kneels beside the bleeding and barely concious Bluey. MacPhisto looks at Adam pleadingly, desperately.*
Adam: I've sent for help, and it'll be here soon. I'm afraid that there's only so much an Archangel can do for her. So, you see I had to send for a higher form...
*Adam gestures behind him, and a figure starts to materialize, glowing blindingly white and then beginning to take form. A man starts to appear, dressed in a shade of white that is even more blinding than even Adam. A halo of light glows from his head and his face is flawless, perfect, radiating nothing but love. In fact, his entire being is flawless, and radiates a sense of love so powerful and peaceful that no one in the room realized existed. He is indeed the most beautiful being any of them have ever laid eyes on. Bonaphisto can do nothing but stare in awe, and Larry drops to his knees in adoration. At that, Bonaphisto realizes exactly who this man is.*

Adam: Larry, I see you've already recognized Him. Bona, MacPhisto, this is whom you all know as Jesus Christ, God, Lord and Creator.
*During this dialouge, Jesus has made His way over to Larry and placed a hand on his shoulder, and Larry looks up at Him, tears of joy pouring out from his eyes. Jesus speaks softly, in a tone of voice that is gentle and completely pure.*
Jesus: Hi Larry. You've done well tonight.
*He turns to Bona and smiles a smile that is inviting, warm and nothing but love. She finds herself drawn to him in a way that has nothing to do with the physical. It is totally spiritual and completely emotional. The new feeling confuses her*
Jesus: Bona, by becoming human you also acquired a soul. That's what you're feeling right now. *He walks up to her, and as He does so she starts to feel a love like nothing she's ever felt before, and she glances quickly to Larry. Larry smiles from ear to ear and nods at her, saying "go on!" Jesus looks into her eyes and speaks again* I love you too.
*He smiles genuinely at her, and turns back to Adam.*

*Meanwhile, MacPhisto has risen and stands far off from Jesus, with a glare on his face that seems a thousand times more bitter than anything that happened between him and Bluey could have caused.*

Larry: *to Adam* You can't help her?
Jesus: *softly* Unfortunately, no he can't. I created her and healing an angel is exhausting work, much to difficult for even an archangel to handle, and I'm the only one with the strength to withstand it.
*Larry understands and is silent. He then rises and crosses over to Bona, who wraps her arms around him tightly. They stand and watch Jesus in awe. He picks Bluey up ever so gently and runs a hand over her broken wing, healing it. He then moves to her arms, then the rest of her broken body. When he is finished, he speaks again.*
Jesus: Wake up, Bluey.
*She turns her head, then opens her eyes.*
Bluey: Jesus!
Jesus: *smiling* Hi.
*Bluey remembers the events of the past few hours and the last thing she remembers is lying broken in MacPhisto's arms. She looks at Jesus, grateful.*
Bluey: Did you heal me?
Jesus: Who else could have?

Back
Top Bottom