A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That pic looks fishy. It looks like the top has been chopped off of that paper (which doesn't look like standard 8.5" by 11") and "U2" is too close to the top margin. It's also really pixel-y, like a cell phone photo. And it's funny that people in here were just talking about the title "Man," so it looks like the prankster (an American, based on the date) combined that with "Manhattan" to make MANhattan, printed it out, and sent a photo to Alan Cross. Maybe "240 Cards" is a clue, too. :lol:

I believe in MANhattan .... Cebe-gebes, the Ramones, punk rock saved my ass (Adam) ... America is an idea.... Jump in purpleoscar the waters warm

The spelling of the MANhattan goes with the modern pop theme they want as well as some of the song titles. And I have seen sheets like theses. It's not for promo release is it's for focus groups

The spelling of the MANhattan goes with the modern pop theme they want as well as some of the song titles. And I have seen sheets like theses. It's not for promo release is it's for focus groups

The sound of this is honestly a little scary to me

Cue the freakouts that this is U2's last album if it's named and spelled MANhattan to be a bookend to Boy.

smiley_suicidio.gif

It's Earth 2030 on Lonely Island with ashen Black Pictures of You Morleigh which make me feel Fresh 'n Furious at the same time. With Every breaking wave I look to the Skyline where there seems to be No Line on the Horizon and then I look to the North Star where my mission ended. Everybody knows the World Pressed 2 nuclear buttons...

Planet of the Apes (1968 Movie End Edit) - YouTube

U2! You maniacs!

This is ridiculous. The parody tracklist has gotten out of control 47 pages ago and has spread to other fan forums. When I first saw the "Manhattan" tracklist post, I chuckled... and kept scrolling. There are really people here who take it so seriously?! It was clearly a joke. And even those who know that are still picking it to pieces like it's the real album. Every time I start to think that this inanity is finally going to be dropped, it returns again in full force.

I'm starting to think "10 Reasons to Exist" might actually be a good album title after all.

it is not salome 2012 or 2013. maybe one piece of some idea of what was posted from those clips will end up in a song on the new album. what we heard last year was just U2 jamming. no demos.

the jams could very well have been from 2005, 2009, 2010 or 2011. i know everybody last year was saying, "but no! bono's voice! it sounds so great, it can't be 2005!" he sounded good in parts of 2005, too, and not too dissimilar from what we heard.

the show LOST has about as much relevance to the new album as the "leaked 2012 clips."

Curious that only Mercury (UK) and Island (ROW) are represented on that paper.
You'd think Interscope (US) would have equal bill. I mean, they are all UMG, but if they are gonna bother to parse them out, why not have all three?

Also, the date on the copy was a day AFTER this nonsense broke here.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom