(11-19-2004) Exclusive: Orlando, Buy the Bomb Today!! -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Orlando, Buy the Bomb Today!!

The Virgin Mega Store located in Orlando's Downtown Disney, has about 20 copies of the Japanese import of "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." The import is more expensive than the US version coming out next week but it is on sale today. If you can't wait until midnight Monday when the Orlando store will be selling the US version, then try your luck at picking up a Japanese import today.

for new yorkers, the hmv in times square also has a few copies. i was there last night & while i was crossing broadway i noticed some guy dressed as bono (incl shades!) singing u2 songs in the middle of the street!

Interference.com rocks

Interference kicks arss!

I work for the State of Florida and was getting slammed with work. I was working serious cases and emergencies since 1:00 am the night before and then something happened. I did my customary interference check and BAM! Orlando Virgin has 20 copies of the album from Japan on import. I immediately called the store and asked them to hold me a copy as I was on my way. I offered to give them my credit card number to hold it but the lady said she didn't need it, just me name. I then dropped everything and drove 1 hour to the store. It took me back to 1992 when I risked getting fired from an old job to stay in line for 14 hour to get tickets for the first show of Zoo tv in Lakeland Florida. That day I was one of 6 people out of 300 in line at that particular store who got to buy tickets for that first Zoo show. Anyways I fly down the interstate and pick up my copy and a copy for my buddy who was also at that Lakeland show. Mission accomplished.

Thank you interference!!!

By the way, I didn't get fired for my 2 hour U2 lunch journey last time or this time 12 years later. Seems as if both times the bosses ended up being closet U2 fans who knew what it was all about.

My review of the album is 10 out of 10 stars. For me every song is impressive and has that U2 magic no matter what anyone says. See you in Miami, baby!

Last edited:
Re: Interference.com rocks

Anticipation said:
Interference kicks arss!

I work for the State of Florida and was getting slammed with work. I was working serious cases and emergencies since 1:00 am the night before and then something happened. I did my customary interference check and BAM! Orlando Virgin has 20 copies of the album from Japan on import. I immediately called the store and asked them to hold me a copy as I was on my way. I offered to give them my credit card number to hold it but the lady said she didn't need it, just me name. I then dropped everything and drove 1 hour to the store. It took me back to 1992 when I risked getting fired from an old job to stay in line for 14 hour to get tickets for the first show of Zoo tv in Lakeland Florida. That day I was one of 6 people out of 300 in line at that particular store who got to buy tickets for that first Zoo show. Anyways I fly down the interstate and pick up my copy and a copy for my buddy who was also at that Lakeland show. Mission accomplished.

Thank you interference!!!

By the way, I didn't get fired for my 2 hour U2 lunch journey last time or this time 12 years later. Seems as if both times the bosses ended up being closet U2 fans who knew what it was all about.

My review of the album is 10 out of 10 stars. For me every song is impressive and has that U2 magic no matter what anyone says. See you in Miami, baby!

Glad that you got the disc and that there were no adverse consequences at work!

That's funny, I live in Tampa, but I was in Orlando 2nite...I was at Universal's City Walk, and was considering checking the Virgin Store @ Disney 2 see if they had the album, because they get them early sometime....and I was so damn tired by the time I left, that I said "forget about it..'

I get home and read this and laugh.....,but it's ok...they don't seem 2 have had the box set, and that's what I want, so I'll wait 3 more days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom