(05-05-2004) No U2 in Spider-Man? -- RollingStone.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
No U2 in Spider-Man?

For months rumors have been circulating that a U2 song would appear in a summer superhero movie. Two titles bandied about were "Spider-Man 2," to be released on June 30th, and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," recently pushed back to a September 17 release date. According to an article on RollingStone.com, it seems that U2 is not appearing on the "Spider-Man 2" soundtrack, unless somehow a new Dashboard Confessional track is a more interesting draw than one by U2.

RollingStone.com writes:

Dashboard Confessional didn't plan on recording new music this summer. Then the producers of Spider-Man 2 came calling. "I'm a comic-book fan and a movie guy," says Dashboard singer Chris Carrabba, who knocked out a new track, "Vindicated," in one afternoon.

Spider-Man 2 (soundtrack due out June 22nd)
Who's on it: Hoobastank, Jet
Key song: Dashboard Confessional's "Vindicated"
Story behind the song: "It's not like it's about [Spider-Man's alter ego] Peter Parker," says Carrabba. "For me, it's about something universal: the emotions of being a young adult."

Thanks Convoy!

TheBrazilianFly said:
Who the hell are Dashboard Confessional? I wish they could put their second or third single out attached to a movie not their first single.

DC is a popular "emo" band.

It has not been confirmed that U2 are putting out their first single on a soundtrack; it's all just speculation due to rumors and release dates of the first U2 single near the release of film soundtracks. :shrug:

"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," recently pushed back to a September 17 release date. - Is this going to be U2's first single?

mkdominatr said:
"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," recently pushed back to a September 17 release date. - Is this going to be U2's first single?

It is not known yet. Only speculation at this point. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom