(04-14-2003) U2 Are Ireland's Richest Entertainers - Irish Examiner *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.examiner.ie/

According to an article in today's (4/14/03) Irish Examiner discussing the Top 100 Most Powerful People in Hollywood, a brief mention is made about listmaker Colin Farrell's Irish brethren U2:

However, the four members of U2 plus their manager, Paul McGuinness, remain Ireland?s wealthiest entertainers with a shared value of ?740m.

I get tired of reading how rich the U2 members are.. If you divide that number by 5, they are each individually below what most other big time entertainers earn....I wish they were richer!

Thats what happens when your in a band that divides the pie up equally, no single person is going to be as rich as a solo artist that keeps most of everything for themselves. But even so, How many artist do you know are worth over 150 million let alone 750 million. U2 sell more tickets and albums worldwide combined then virtually any other artist.

STING2 said:
Thats what happens when your in a band that divides the pie up equally, no single person is going to be as rich as a solo artist that keeps most of everything for themselves. But even so, How many artist do you know are worth over 150 million let alone 750 million. U2 sell more tickets and albums worldwide combined then virtually any other artist.

and that's one of the main reasons they were able to stay in the band and won't throw away they're friendship.

bayernfc said:

and that's one of the main reasons they were able to stay in the band and won't throw away they're friendship.

That's right. I'm telling you these are people who have their priorities right. That's one thing I love about them.

Smokey said:
I get tired of reading how rich the U2 members are.. If you divide that number by 5, they are each individually below what most other big time entertainers earn....I wish they were richer!

me too!!!!! :( :( :(

Back
Top Bottom