The old, lazy, wealthy man's tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually at the rate I am going so far, I may surpass previous tours with this tour - and at the same age as the band, I am old. ;)

JT - 1
ZooTV - 1

Here is where I started to not be so broke and getting ticket savvier through the interwebs...

PopMart - 15
Elevation - 15
Vertigo -15
360 - 11 (down primarily because medical issues had me sitting out the first part of the tour until they came to me, otherwise I likely would have hit the opener in Barcelona and a couple of other early N. American shows)

I&E is at 10 so far.

Of course it helps tremendously that they do a gadzillion shows in NYC so I don't have to travel so much, so no need to be wealthy - just budget well. ;)

:uhoh:

360 - 14 in 6 different countries and 2 continents.

This tour sofar only 2 planned though. Couldn't get tickets for the other AMS shows and kinda don't feel the need to go. Then again, once time creeps closer I probably will want to go anyway. But I'd rather go to Dublin instead, if that ever happens.

1997- 1 Columbus. would've been 2, had the Indianapolis show actually taken place)
2001- 3 Columbus, Indianapolis. South Bend (my buddy and I drove up on a wim, scores some decently priced scalped tickets, saw the show, and made the 6 hour drive home just in time to go to work the next morning. To be 19 again...
2005- 3 Chicago 5/7, Pittsburgh, Detroit 10/25.
2009- 1 would've done both Chicago shows but I was best man at a friends wedding on 9/12 in Ohio. Drive up for night 2.
2011- 2 -East Lansing and Pittsburgh
2015- 1- Chicago 7/2. Not happy about only 1 show, but the Chicago shows fall on 2 very busy weeks for me, work wise. Taking 2 days off just to go to this concert will probably piss some people off! I might have to wake up early on the 3rd and drive home so that I can still be around that afternoon/early evening to appease the boss/clients.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Popmart - 1 - I was 13, it was my first concert.
Elevation - 0 - Because they didn't come here :angry:
Vertigo - 1 (Chile) + 2 (Argentina) - I was 21, had some money.
360 - 1 (Chile) - I had a lot more money, but had already done the southamerican stuff.
i+e - 5 (Vancouver x2, San Jose x2, Phoenix x1) and maybe 1 or 2 in LA if I'm not sick of them...

I'm 30 now, older obviously, but with all my energy, lazy all my life, and wealthy enough to go to Northamerica and return with zero money :ohmy: but who cares? I'm going to opening night :hyper:

Vertigo - 3 shows in 2005 and 7 in 2006. I was young, active, and very very poor but somehow I made it happen.
360 - 7 shows in 2009 and 2 in 2010. I was still young, still active, and only slightly less poor.
I+E - none yet, maybe a couple if they come to Australia. Not as young as I'd like to be, a bit lazier than I want to be, and have a bit of disposable income but I'd rather spend it on other things. Sorry U2.

Old- yes
Lazy- yes
Wealthy- eh

Popmart- 1 show, required travel, broke and in college
Elevation and Vertigo- 0 shows, lost interest
360- 1 show, no travel required
i+e- 2 shows, require travel

So the older and lazier I get, the more shows I'm willing to do. Cool. I'll be the granny with the walker in every GA.

I was a latecomer to the party (2005), but I suppose I'm making up ground pretty fast! ...

Vertigo = 2 shows
360 = 20 shows (including Glastonbury)
i + e = 7 shows planned so far

:D

In 1992-1993 I was too young and too poor and too underage.

In 1997-1998 I was still too young(ish) and too poor.

In 2001 I think I was boycotting it and probably the same again in 2005.

I'm not even sure if I remembered to not go to 2010's extravagansa.

1993 - 1 show (Adelaide 14 yrs old)
1998 - 1 show Melbourne
2006 - 1 show Adelaide
2010 - 3 shows Melbourne and Brisbane
2015 - 4 shows London and Glasgow

Man I left it too long to take in multiple shows and make the most of tours...

I'm still miffed that I missed out on Popmart Brisbane. I was a kid but my mother would've taken me - unfortunately, we'd only just moved to Australia and didn't know it was on.

My sister was supposed to get me Popmart tickets as I was only 16 at the time, but ended up forgetting me and going with a friend instead, which left me stuck at a Mets Phillies game instead.

I still haven't forgiven her.

So I didn't see my first show until elevation.

Elevation - 3
Vertigo - 9 + Brooklyn Bridge
360 - 3 + Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary Concert
i&e - 2 planned, maybe a 3rd + Tonight Show performance of invisible on top of 30 ROC

ZooTV- 3
Popmart- 6
Elevation- 8
Vertigo- 9
360- 3
I+E- 2 (planned so far)

I think i hit the saturation point on 360. They played in Nashville, I didn't really care enough to go (from Atlanta). Definitely influenced by wife 7 mos pregnant with number 3 around that time.

I am more excited about this tour, but its somewhat based on the unknown right now. Excited enough to go to Phoenix from Atlanta. If they really do two different nights back to back (and not just change the set by 3 songs) I may make a trip to NYC or Chicago for 2 more, but I could easily wane on wanting to go after the two planned. I would definitely go to any shows in Atlanta if they come next year.

It's not so much of a financial burden, but more where I want to give my time and energy right now. I must be really old because I felt the same way with 360.

Zoo TV: too young (by just a bit, older siblings would have been nice)
PopMart: 4
Elevation: 1
Vertigo: 3
360: 3
i&e: 1 so far; how good that one is will determine if i try to find my way into one of the NYC shows

Zoo TV - 3
PopMart - 2
Elevation - 2
Vertigo - 2
360 - 2
I&E - 2 (bringing my 10 year old son to one of them @ MSG)...life long dream for me.:love:

Joshua Tree Tour - 0 I had just become a fan, but was probably too young and going to a show was a bit of a journey.

ZOO TV - 5 I got to meet all the band members on this tour and traveled to Ireland for the first time, and saw Bono's house when you could still see inside the gate and talk to the security guard. Went to other U2 sites in Dublin like Windmill Lane Studios then went out to the West Coast of Ireland and through the south.

Popmart - 4

Elevation - 6

Vertigo - 5

360 - 4

Innocence And Experience - 0 so far. Waiting for the band to come to a closer city which probably won't happen until 2016.

Unforgettable Fire: 2
Conspiracy of Hope: 1
Joshua Tree: 3
ZooTV: 4 ( 2 indoor, 2 outdoor)
Popmart: 1
Elevation: 5
Vertigo: 6
360: 2

All New England shows (11 in Boston, 5 in Foxboro, 3 in Hartford, 3 in Providence, 1 in Worcester)aside from Giants Stadium for the Amnesty International show.

i&e: 3 Boston shows so far, may add the 4th.

(bringing my 10 year old son to one of them @ MSG)...life long dream for me.:love:

Considering bringing my son (who turns 11 Wednesday) to the Saturday Boston show (the one I don't have tix for yet) if I can get a release of decent reserved seats at the $113 price. Not taking him to GA and not paying $300 for a ticket for him. I am however definitely taking him to see Van Halen on August 1...so his first real concert will be either U2 July 11 or VH on August 1. (Wish I had parents like me when I was 11. :wink:)

Considering bringing my son (who turns 11 Wednesday) to the Saturday Boston show (the one I don't have tix for yet) if I can get a release of decent reserved seats at the $113 price. Not taking him to GA and not paying $300 for a ticket for him. I am however definitely taking him to see Van Halen on August 1...so his first real concert will be either U2 July 11 or VH on August 1. (Wish I had parents like me when I was 11. :wink:)

We should take pride in our "coolness" as parents...Give our sons a couple years and they won't want to be seen in public with us.

Zoo TV - 2
PopMart - 1
Elevation - 4
Vertigo - 14
360 - 12
I&E - 12 (so far)

Older? Yes. Lazier? A few years away yet. Elevation was the start of my multi-nighting on tours which has become something I've embraced for several artists.

I always said to myself if they returned to arena's in Europe I'd fill my boots, so that is exactly what I am doing. Hope to add some more shows along the way. The reality is they do not have many tours left in them so I want to make the most of seeing my favourite band while I can, even more so with them doing multiple nights in arenas.

War - 1
The Unforgettable Fire - 1
The Joshua Tree - 2
Zoo TV - 4
Pop Mart - 3
Elevation - 3
Vertigo - 3
360 - 2

19 shows so far...

I&E - 2 shows planned.

How the first few shows goes will really seal for me whether or not I go out and grab tickets for those last two MSG shows.

If it's just two alternating set lists, wash rinse repeat, then I'd rather just enjoy the shit out of the two I'm going to and come back for more next year if and when they return.

If they're just breaking out new set lists each night and really mixing it up, then I'm sure I'll scoop up tickets for those last two shows

If it's just two alternating set lists, wash rinse repeat, then I'd rather just enjoy the shit out of the two I'm going to and come back for more next year if and when they return.

If they're just breaking out new set lists each night and really mixing it up, then I'm sure I'll scoop up tickets for those last two shows

you already know the answer to this.

Have you had the "son, you're gonna smell something funny when the show starts" conversation yet? Especially with Van Halen. :wink:

...this why I only bought tickets to two shows ;)

We all expect the former but keep hoping for the latter. Those are the last shows of the N.A. leg so either they would've gotten too comfortable in the setlist and it becomes a rut or they've become comfortable enough to stretch out.

8 nights should mean a lot of different songs, but the problem is they didn't sell it as a residency OR as shows "A & B" - they just sold it as 8 concerts. They could do 5-7 standard hits, 5-7 rotating new songs and 8-10 rotating rarities, but that will require actual rehearsal, not just show blocking.

Zoo - 1, Sydney
Pop - 1 Sydney
Elevation - 1, Slane
Vertigo - 2, Sydney 1, 2
360 - 7? Phoenix, Vegas, Rosebowl, Vancouver, Oakland, Anaheim 1, 2
i&e - 4? London 5, 6, Paris 1, 2 (plus maybe London 4)

NEVER SEEN AN ARENA SHOW! Lived in London during Elevation, went to Slane, but wish I saw an Earls Court arena show. Had tickets for San Jose? Vertigo, but sold them (behind stage seats, & too far to travel).

So bring on the arena shows :hyper:

Boy Tour- ZOO TV: 0 (not yet conceived)
PopMart: 0 (2 years old at the time)
Elevation: 0 (6 years old)
Vertigo: 0 (10 years old)
360: 1, Seattle
I+E: 2, Vancouver 1 and 2

I'm really sad that most of U2's career occurred at a time when I wasn't alive.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'll be kind of pissed if they start busting out super rare stuff and mixing it up, because damn it, I don't WANT to be tempted to buy tickets and have travel expenses to other shows. I want to save my travel money for other stuff! :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom