U2 rehearsals in Turin Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares, that's not the point. It's just cool that they can sit at work and listen to what's going on, that's all. :shrug:

Abo-min-ation.

:uhoh: I don't mind Elevation, no really I don't. Abomination just sounded good.

Friday in Turin - U2gigs.com

And here's a recent screencap of the Claw lit up --either the crew is getting a late night or an early start. (It's just after 5am in Turin.)

zj8nra.jpg

And on that note, I am headed to bed. G'night, all. :wave:

I hate Elevation. Then they played it at the 2 - 360 shows I attended last year and about 70,000 people starting shitting frisbees and jumping up and down. I serves its purpose for the masses. Would be a nice song to play after the boys generate a 70,000 fold WTF when they do Acrobat.

I hate Elevation. Then they played it at the 2 - 360 shows I attended last year and about 70,000 people starting shitting frisbees and jumping up and down. I serves its purpose for the masses. Would be a nice song to play after the boys generate a 70,000 fold WTF when they do Acrobat.

:lol: True, now I`d like to be at that show :drool:

:love: Elevation live rocks.

:crack: 20 pages to catch up on. I'll just use U2gigs from now on to catch up and stay on this thread during the day.

:wave:

I`m off to work soon :sad: so won`t be on here till after 130am tomorrow morning - provided I get off on time and don`t get called back. I expect I`ll have pages to catch up on and hopefully some new photos or gossip :hyper:

I'd take Elevation over A Sort of Homecoming, Drowning Man, Acrobat, Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, One Tree Hill, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, Tomorrow, Lemon, Wake Up Dead Man & Bad.

Everytime I hear it I tear up over its lyrics :sad:

I would take Elevation over ASOH, OTH, IWF or Tomorrow. :shrug: Different people, different tastes. IWF has been played plenty of times live and the other three I just don't care much about.
Elevation live is, especially in the pit, a lot of fun and it always gets the crowd going. Casual or non casual fans, everybody's jumping up and down.

I do not care for Elevation but it is okay live. It is up there with Get on Your Boots. Don't care for the album version, but I don't mind it live.

Agreed. I wouldn't be sad if it went away, but every time they play it live I get all bouncy. The crowd just goes off during Elevation.

Boots live really made me like the song, and then there's the awesome version they did for the World Cup.

The plot thickens...

From ZooItalia - Some Italian newspapers are now saying Bono isn't yet in Torino. If we hear Bono is at Chelsea Clinton's wedding today, we'll know that's the case.

So it looks like it's been Edge, Adam and Larry rehearsing the past couple of days.

There are a couple of pictures of Edge (with bonus Morleigh) and Adam in one of the local papers.

110g1up.jpg

vpzzfs.jpg

Who cares, that's not the point. It's just cool that they can sit at work and listen to what's going on, that's all. :shrug:

Yeah, I want that job. Sit and listen to U2 music being played by the band and/or techs all day. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Glad to have helped. :D

And as far as the Elevation debate goes...I'm in the minority here, but I would prefer a setlist with NO songs from ATYCLB whatsoever, as that was my least favorite album. :reject:

If that Pride audio was fake...Imma be bummed :|

It was clearly a recording being played. If you listen closely you can hear crowd noise right at the beginning. Bono "typically" doesn't push his vocals too much in rehearsal either and this recording he is clearly belting out the main chorus as hard as he can. Its a recording from a show. Bono isn't in Turin, yet.

If that Pride audio was fake...Imma be bummed :|

I am thinking it is. HOW can the sound be so loud when recorded from so far away and especially so clear? That's just not possible unless you have super fancy equipment. And the recording sounded familiar.. too familiar to be new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom